Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

Bluegrass Bimmers High Performance Driving School at Putnam Part, IN

Old 09-17-2009, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
Bluegrass Bimmers High Performance Driving School at Putnam Part, IN

This is the first time I've been to event like this, and I must say,... I love it!!!
I highly recommend everybody to go at least once,.. you can know your car better and also drive fast "safely"

There are a lot of varieties of cars, ... mostly BMW's, Mini's, Porsche's and Corvettes. There is one guy with Red GT-R but he was just starting to learn and not very smooth at the corners. At the straight line he was hella' fast though.

At this track, Honda Fit only competitive for a short period of time... There are a long straight and a lot straight after corners. I can keep up with some Mini Cooper (non S), civic Si, prelude and RSX. I passed the blue Corvette once though, but nothing to brag about since the guy is also just starting.

My mods are only coilovers and rear sway bar.

Here are some images:

Fit's stock pads are useless.. I got brake fade around 4-5th laps. I should have gone with smaller wheels as well. The unsprung weight from 17" are just too much.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
Some more images:

Fit handles really well in the corners. I did some trail breaking, but the instructor said that it works great for this car, because it does not have a lot of power. I need to learn to do left foot braking as well to keep the rev at the corners.

I hope to see more Honda Fit in the future!!!

Old 09-21-2009, 01:50 AM
5 Year Member
damn looks like a lot of fun. true, should had gone with stock rims. Do you have any performance parts on it?

Old 09-21-2009, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
It was a lot of fun! Now I'm thinking of going to their next event at Mid-Ohio

That should be more challenging.

My only mods are coilovers and rear sway bar.