Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

HPD B Spec Honda Fit NEW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
Exclamation HPD B Spec Honda Fit NEW!!!

just read this on honda-tech. holy shit yay for more racing fits! and possibilities!

honda-tech link
HPD B Spec Honda Fit - Honda-Tech

article link
Mazda & Honda Unveil B-Spec Racers ~ Honda Performance Development

Old 12-15-2010, 05:19 PM
I'm trying to find out eaxctly what mods they made using Google... so far only the fact that they ran 205/50/15 BFGoodrich g-Force R1 tires has popped up. In the pic, it looks like they "might" be using the TRMotorsport C1 wheel, but it's such a tiny shot that I'm not sure. I'd really like to know the list of mods they made & what products were used, etc.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
No one races fit??? sadness...

Old 12-16-2010, 01:52 PM
This is exciting stuff thanks for posting it I am going to look into NWR SCCA where I am involved in A/X but have been planning to PDX my way toward the Road Racing side of things. We have a fairly healthy RR community up here & great venues. I will get back to you here but it will be weeks most likely, before I can either kindle a flame or coax any that may already be sputtering. Thanks Again.
JCrimm your racing thread is doing an awesome job of making Fit community aware of sand excited about the potential in this area of competition. Keep it up.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mtsredni
This is exciting stuff thanks for posting it I am going to look into NWR SCCA where I am involved in A/X but have been planning to PDX my way toward the Road Racing side of things. We have a fairly healthy RR community up here & great venues. I will get back to you here but it will be weeks most likely, before I can either kindle a flame or coax any that may already be sputtering. Thanks Again.
JCrimm your racing thread is doing an awesome job of making Fit community aware of sand excited about the potential in this area of competition. Keep it up.
Haha thanks man! To see more on the track would be amazing! Thanks for the support!

Old 12-16-2010, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
Wish I could've went to the NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill this year. I'm going next year for sure!

Old 12-16-2010, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
C&D also has an article on this. Funny thing is just yesterday i was thinking about composing an email for HPD regarding support for GE8 Fits. I was either going to get laughed at and told "should've bought a CR-Z" or a credible response regarding plans for HPD's involvement with the Fit platform. This looks to be promising.

I'm excited

Old 12-16-2010, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by !bungle
I'm trying to find out eaxctly what mods they made using Google... so far only the fact that they ran 205/50/15 BFGoodrich g-Force R1 tires has popped up. In the pic, it looks like they "might" be using the TRMotorsport C1 wheel, but it's such a tiny shot that I'm not sure. I'd really like to know the list of mods they made & what products were used, etc.
Bilsteins, ss brake lines, race brake pads, race fluids, cage, radios, fire extinguisher, and SUPERSWEET HPD LIVERY. Drivetrain is stock. There was mention of an AEM muffler but no specifics.

Fit was 5 sec. faster a lap than the 2

Simon Pagenaud had some good things to say about the car too!

ahhh, here's the article
Thunderhill in a Fit and a 2: Honda Fit and Mazda 2 Review

Old 12-17-2010, 12:11 AM
good things to come

Old 12-17-2010, 07:01 AM
etf
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by The BOM

Fit was 5 sec. faster a lap than the 2

Simon Pagenaud had some good things to say about the car too!

ahhh, here's the article
Thunderhill in a Fit and a 2: Honda Fit and Mazda 2 Review
In all fairness, you have to consider the race drivers in the Honda vs. the Mazda. The Honda Team included Simon Pagenaud & Peter Cunningham. They are both fast professional drivers with a lot of championships between them. There were no comparable drivers in the Mazda for the race. they had some employees from Mazdaspeed and a press guy.

In testing on Thursday before the race, there was only a half a second a lap difference between Simon Pagenaud in the Honda Fit and Eric Foss (a fast professional driver with a lot of championships) in the Mazda 2.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:09 AM
5 Year Member
Fit or BUST!!!!

Old 12-18-2010, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
The door is open @ HPD for which it never was for the S2000 or NSX

Time to kick it in

Old 12-19-2010, 01:10 AM
As I understand it Mazda & Honda are saying rules for this proposed B Spec class are forthcoming within the next 60 days. Presumably these would be class rules proposed by Mazdaspeed & HPD for inclusion by sanctioning organizations such as NASA and/or SCCA. Any buzz we can create within our local chapters of such organizations, expressing interest or support for them to sanction local events in the class, is probably the most constructive action we can take at this time. It wouldn't hurt to contact Aveo and Yaris groups/ forums or clubs to let them know this is trying to happen now. Most of the press has run down Mazda & Honda channels.
In short, let's spread the word and pester NASA and SCCA offices with any interest we have & can create.

Old 12-19-2010, 03:20 AM
I'm looking at the pics at the C&D link and the headlights seem to be custom - there's a red ring around the main headlight? WTF? I like 'em, though...

Old 12-19-2010, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
In for news updates. I'll be watching this closely.

I've been trying to sell the Fit so I can spend more money on my newly acquired Miata, but with this news I ought to just keep the Fit!

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the intent of the series is to make it cheaper to get into racing... even cheaper than with Spec Miata.

Old 12-19-2010, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
Has anyone thought about finding out the individual parts that are included with any of the HPD part sets for FF conversion?

I was taking a look at the PDF manual to install the engine kit and the manifold looks promising.

http://racing.honda.com/hpd/images/p...ual_100217.pdf

Old 12-19-2010, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by The BOM
and SUPERSWEET HPD LIVERY.
Do you mean the Formula F conversion kit? It'd be interesting to see if it's allowable for the "spec."

Can anyone elaborate on how the kit would help and how much it costs?

EDIT:
Nevermind, I just answered my own question. The kit costs about $5,000. There's no way it's going to be allowable for this spec.

Side note, you can get a crate L15 for $2,500

Last edited by mike2100; 12-19-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike2100
Do you mean the Formula F conversion kit? It'd be interesting to see if it's allowable for the "spec."

Can anyone elaborate on how the kit would help and how much it costs?

EDIT:
Nevermind, I just answered my own question. The kit costs about $5,000. There's no way it's going to be allowable for this spec.

Side note, you can get a crate L15 for $2,500
you're right, the HPD L15 for FF is not allowed. Only bone stock showroom engines allowed

fyi: $2500 for a complete engine is cheap as fffuuuuuuuuuu...
which is why this class is awesome! Costs are low

Old 12-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Hopefully this opens up even more aftermarket items for our cars. I know I don't have the money to buy a racecar like that but I would surely like to make the car handle better by piecing stuff onto the car over the next couple years. I know there's SS lines already available but no street/track pads yet for the GE. I would just like something that holds up to a bit more abuse and is cleaner on the wheels, i.e. somethng like a Hawk street pad for instance. Also, little tricks from the teams and drivers, anything to get every possilble bit out of the car

We all win with this for sure, thank you to whomever came up with this concept!

Old 12-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by Klasse Act
I know there's SS lines already available but no street/track pads yet for the GE. I would just like something that holds up to a bit more abuse and is cleaner on the wheels, i.e. somethng like a Hawk street pad for instance.

A lot of good street/track pads are available for GE's. None usually show up when using Fit 2009 but you will have to use other hondas that use the same pads.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...rake-pads.html

I am going to try some HPS or Axxis Ult pads here shortly.

Clay

Quick Reply: HPD B Spec Honda Fit NEW!!!