Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Fitting in springs...

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
Fitting in springs...

Hi

I got my springs ready to be fitted. I've had a look at the guide on hondafittuner.com found here -> Tutorial on installing lowering springs

Now I understand perfectly well on the rear suspension and I had a look this morning and it doesn't seem that hard. Actually looks quite piss easy.

However the front suspension, going from the pictures, half the time I don't understand what is happening.

So can anyone explain like sorta briefly/detailed what is happening in the pictures for the front suspension?

It would help!

Old 05-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Wow...

ALL the work I put into this thread got deleted...

They deleted the WRONG THREAD>..

sigh

Old 05-12-2007, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
What the. Damn this bloody sucks.

Well freshhell, I remembered most of the stuff you told me.

The install didn't go so well though, I hit a bit of a snag. There's one bolt that seems to be connected to something (it's like this long bar that goes down and then underneath the engine)

Yeah, I couldn't remove the bolt not with all my strength in the world lol. I think I need a air powered gun to remove it.

Old 05-17-2007, 10:08 PM
The bar you are looking at is the drive shaft, when taking out your front suspension be very carefull not to let this pull out of the drivetrain too far or it is a real pain in the butt to get back in. If you follow the pictures on hondafittuner.com just take out the two big bolts connecting the suspension to the rest of the wheel assembly and then the small nut connected to that small bar that goes up further on the suspension. Again I caution you to make sure you dont let that drive shaft slide too far out or it can be a real pain to get it back in without taking the rubber boot off. Which is even harder to put back on! Any questions let me know, I just did this yesterday and am pretty sure I had every possible problem!!!

Old 05-18-2007, 12:35 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by adamhassett
The bar you are looking at is the drive shaft, when taking out your front suspension be very carefull not to let this pull out of the drivetrain too far or it is a real pain in the butt to get back in. If you follow the pictures on hondafittuner.com just take out the two big bolts connecting the suspension to the rest of the wheel assembly and then the small nut connected to that small bar that goes up further on the suspension. Again I caution you to make sure you dont let that drive shaft slide too far out or it can be a real pain to get it back in without taking the rubber boot off. Which is even harder to put back on! Any questions let me know, I just did this yesterday and am pretty sure I had every possible problem!!!
Wrong bar..

The bar he's talking about is the sway bar. I posted on another thread, After you remove the tire, use a 2nd jack to jack up the suspension. Once you line it up right, you'll be able to pop the swaybar linkage off of the strut. You'll have to do the same when you install it back onto the strut. I think it's a 14mm hex. I unbolted EVERYTHING by hand...

If you have any questions, PM me.. I'll help you out. I can give you my phone number too if you want me to talk you through it..

Old 05-28-2007, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
lol thanks for the info but I've booked it in to a garage my uncle knows to get 'em done.

And about the phone call, haha, don't think my mother would approve of an expensive international phone call :P

Old 05-29-2007, 12:00 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
oops, just realized you're from the UK!

Good luck on the drop