Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Need Service Manual

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Need Service Manual

2008 Fit Manual Sport,

I need a 30K service, all local dealers have different prices and different guidlines as to what is needed, prices range from $219 up to $400.

The service schedule from the dealrship where vehicle was purchased is their own made up schedule. I can't find it online anywhere?

As in when does the transmission fluid need replacement, coolant, plugs, etc.. What is really required at 30,000??

The one I have from that dealer, mostly checks and inspects, with replace air filter, air conditioning filter(is there one of these? transmission fluid, oil/filter and rotate tires

It's seems like a conspiracy to benefit the dealers by keeping the consumers in the dark. WTF??????

Old 09-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Other threads on the forum have indicated that a "recommended" 30000 miles service doesn't exist for the Fit (or any honda with the maintenance minder system). The closest is something called a B12.

E.G. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...e-service.html or https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...e-service.html

Edited to add: you might also be interested in this http://www.justanswer.com/questions/...ual-2008-honda

Last edited by doublefit; 09-09-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Thanks,
So how do I get just what is required if dealers don't offer the info and there is no set schedule?

Do I just wait for the vehicle maintenance code to pop up?

Right now it leaves local "stealership" to make up services and prices. Very unfair to owners for Honda not to offer a detailed maintenace schedule with required items

Old 09-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Good point.

I think we're in the middle of a sea change when it comes to maintenance - on the one hand you have the maintenance minder that is supposed to tell you when something needs to be done and on the other you have the ingrained habits of car owners who have always had service performed on the basis of the mileage. It would appear that Honda's position is that the MM will tell you what you need when you need it, so there is no need to say anything. Dealers on the other hand are in business to make money and many people will actually insist on a mileage based service schedule so they are obviously going to be happy to keep them happy.

I suppose it comes down to whether you trust the MM and I think you have to make your own decision about that.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks again,
So the dealers don't let on, Honda America hides the facts, making it difficullt to obtain info on scheduled services.
Their own dealers push customers into expensive questionable services at regular schedules....I will wait for the car to tell me, even with that, most of what is done, inspect and check.. who knows how much is really done..when you take that away your left with a very expensive oil/filter rotate tire bill....

Old 09-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Pickledik
Thanks again,
So the dealers don't let on, Honda America hides the facts, making it difficullt to obtain info on scheduled services.
Their own dealers push customers into expensive questionable services at regular schedules....I will wait for the car to tell me, even with that, most of what is done, inspect and check.. who knows how much is really done..when you take that away your left with a very expensive oil/filter rotate tire bill....
Try and find a reputable mechanic in your area to go to instead of Honda for any service you can't do yourself. Doing that saved me literally hundreds of dollars and I know my car is in good hands that way. Just follow the MM, I don't think there's been anyone on this forum who has had anything go wrong following their car's built in schedule.

The choice for me (for 30K / B12 MM) was between paying $300 for service by people who are known for messing things up, or paying $100-150 to a professional who's been in the business for decades and knows how to work on all kinds of cars including race cars and exotics. Not a big brainer.

Last edited by Koi; 09-09-2009 at 03:09 PM.