Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

OK - can someone tell me what I should be asking for here?

Old 12-21-2010, 01:58 PM
OK - can someone tell me what I should be asking for here?

Short version: DD drove her Fit over a deer carcass (it was that or drive into one or more cars) about a year ago which loosened the bottom shield under the engine. It was refixed but it's come loose again and what I want to do is give her the correct terminology so when she calls the shop she can get an accurate time estimate. So: what is this part called? Is this the front splash shield? Or is it another part that I simply cannot see on those exploded part diagrams? To be honest, I thought it was bigger and flatter for want of a better description.

I wish I could check it on my own fit, but on a sad note, that was totaled a couple of weeks ago in an accident. All I can say is: let's hear it for side curtain airbags, which allowed the driver to walk away uninjured.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
i think you're right, "splash shield." maybe someone else can confirm it.

i'm sure if you said "splash shield" and specified, "that big plastic shield that goes under the engine bay, between the engine bay and the road, they'd HAVE to know what you're talking about.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
found it on bernardi honda's exploded part diagram for the 07-08 fit.

74111-SLN-A00 View SHIELD, FR. SPLASH $ 40.71

It's under the "body/air conditioning" Section, then select "front fender." The exploded diagram will then load.

What you're talking about is labelled as "illustration #7" right? I'd just link it to you but a direct link doesn't work.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:57 PM
Yes, I think that's it.

Mind you, as you say, if she says that big plastic shield that goes under the engine bay, if they don't know what it is, perhaps that's not the best place to take it to.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by doublefit
Mind you, as you say, if she says that big plastic shield that goes under the engine bay, if they don't know what it is, perhaps that's not the best place to take it to.
hahah i agree