busted undercarriage splash shield - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Honda Fit Dealer Representatives Interact with local Honda dealer representatives for news, availability and purchase information.

Old 11-19-2017, 02:48 PM

busted undercarriage splash shield

Well I took my car into the local Honda dealer since I walked out of where I was working. I noticed that there is a plastic part that is busted. I am not sure how it got broken. I went into the dealership to see a total of $600 to fix it. Which I do not have that money to fix it. So I am driving around with a broken splash shield. If it is an important piece why would it be made of plastic.
Old 12-24-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiasson Cary View Post
Well I took my car into the local Honda dealer since I walked out of where I was working. I noticed that there is a plastic part that is busted. I am not sure how it got broken. I went into the dealership to see a total of $600 to fix it. Which I do not have that money to fix it. So I am driving around with a broken splash shield. If it is an important piece why would it be made of plastic.
even after replacing the hardware that holds up my shield, it still gets loose and hang. Im thinking about just ditching the shield now. Any one know any companies that might make custom skid plates for our cars (GK specific)?
Old 12-24-2017, 03:34 PM

TougeMonster_GK5, I went back to Honda because I could not find it anywhere. You have to get it done at the dealership. If you talk to them they can give discounts. Instead of the $700, I got it done for $500 and it has held up great. I have found out that there are some things that you cannot fix or get parts for and other than this. It is a great car.