Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Headlights GD3 Honda FIT 02

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Headlights GD3 Honda FIT 02

Hi Guys

My headlights have stopped working since Friday night, When i turn them on the high beam blue light flickers on but is not as bright as normal then if i put full beams on the light goes to normal brightness and stoppes flickering....

all my other lights signals side lights are all working but my low beam and high beam are not working at all they do not flicker on at all.

at first i thought it might have been a problems with my Hids so i removed them and tried putting in the stock H4 bulbs but the same thing is happening..

I also noticed that when i turn the lights on i cant here the Hid ballasts try to initiate at all so im assuming the is no power going to them at all so i then thought it might be a fuse so i have checked the fuses in the engine bay and also in the fuse box under the drivers console and i cant seem to find any that are blown but i have not checked the main block fuses purely because i don't know how.......

I found out that there was a recall for the fit for the headlight switch but surely if it was this the sidelights would not be working either.

Can anyone suggest what it could be or if it is a fuse what one.....

someone must have experienced this before as well, With winter nights i cant take my car to work otherwise i cant get home!

Thanks!

Old 11-10-2013, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
Did you confirm that your fuse(s) which protect the circuit powering the low and high beam were getting power? If they are, check to see if the connectors for the bulbs themselves are getting power with either a test light or digital voltmeter.

If both test out ok, you may possibly have a failing/failed indicator stalk (not confirming, I suggest testing it yourself).

I know mine actually tends to stick in between high and low beam (both filaments will burn at the same time) whenever I use the turn signals to go left and I need to replace it... haven't done it yet since I'd have to remove the steering wheel to access it.

Old 11-10-2013, 04:13 PM
I know ground wires do a lot of strange things. Check all of your grounds and make certain they are secured.