Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

A Mystery sound coming from engine bay

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 10:30 PM
A Mystery sound coming from engine bay

Thanks for reading :

I've owed my 08 Fit Sport since New, It has been a Fun car . I have only done replacing of oil and did the brakes, and up until just yesterday, I had a mechanic say that it was my Idler pulley that went bad, I also replaced the Surpen. Belt, the car has 98,000, after having the pulley replaced, (I was not convinced of his decision it was the pulley) but he is the Mechanic, and all I did was a lot of reading. So he put a screwdriver to it and showed me it was alittle loose.

Anyway I dropped it off today, and he put both Honda dealership parts on, I was disappointed but not totally surprised that the noise was still there (although when I pick it up it was not there) When in the car it sounds as though as a pulley is loose, I would say even a slight clanging noise.

How did this happen: It was raining extremely heavy and I could not move out of my lane fast enough , to avoiding hitting a small stream on the road I was on, needless to say I was hydro planning and that is where this all started. it started clanging right after that. the air conditioning is not blowing as cold as it use too.

Any thoughts Thanks in advance.