Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

GD Rough idle after tps adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 03:39 AM
GD Rough idle after tps adjustment

Was just over replacing bad coils on the exhaust, changing spark plugs, engine oil, cvt fluid, transmission side engine mount 2 days ago.

everything was ok and the shudder that usually exist when engine is warm and stepping on the gas pedal from a complete stop was gone after the cvtf change and everything done to it.

there was still this idle issue that can only be felt when you engage to "d" or "r". The idle decresases a bit and you can hear the engine almost struggling a bit and everything sort of vibrates.

decided to adjust the tps sensor. Forgot to use my multimeter so just decided to do it while engine is running.

so when I was done. It is now worse with the tps back on its original position. The engine dies when I engage to "d" or "r". The engine kinda makes a lot of movement the same thing it does before but a lot worse. It sounded like its being strangled before being killed. The only way this is gone is when I adjust the tps to a higher position. It doesnt struggle that much but still the idle still drops and a small acceptavle shudder can be felt

what to do next ? Or do I bring the car for repair?
havent done the idle reset procedure yet. The last g me the negative terminal was removed was when we changed the mounts. Not once when I adjusted the tps, any tips? Ill try posting video later