Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

spoon filter power numbers???

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member
spoon filter power numbers???

anybody have any?

according to spoon's site the stock intake is better for NA motors. what do you all think?

from spoon
Upon full opening of the throttle, a huge volume of air is drawn in at highspeeds. Meanwhile, when the throttle is closed, an inertial force acts and air is compressed at the instant just prior to full closing. When the accelerator is subsequently depressed, the sealed cleaner box is subjected to a more intense vacuum as a result of the reaction to compression. The efficiency of replenishment is increased a result of this action, and accordingly, the air-intake system of the Honda NA is both extremely ingenious and highly necessary.

Old 01-11-2007, 04:05 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
lets be realistic, a filter alone cannot offer drastic amounts of HP. but when u're dealing with N/A, every little bit helps.

whats your goal?

Old 01-11-2007, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
just a nice daily driver with a little more oomph. I have an auto so all the cai are out the question. sri is the only other choice.

it's just suprising that Spoon makes this claim vs. the competition and these guys are known as top notch tuners. I'm sure they could make more profits selling sri/cai.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:12 AM
i have the Spoon drop in....in all honesty its weird. haha

i bought the car and pretty much dumped everything in it the next day (rims, tires, exhaust, filter) so i ran the car with the spoon filter since day one (didnt think it every really made a difference....more on that later). i recently swapped it out for the old stock filter (not really old but yeah...) and i totally noticed a drop in 4.5k upwards powerband. before i could jump on it from 4k all the way to 6k and feel the lil guy working hard and building.....now with stock filter back in from 4k to 6 it LAGS!!!!!!!! after 4.5~5k it just feel like it loses its will to build up speed. so to me i love the high flow and from what ive heard the K&N Filter actually allows more airflow than the Spoon. but i got the spoon cheap since i bought b pipe and axle back along with it.

i also noticed a drop in fuel economy switching back to stock filter......OEM filter got me 31 mpg average....with spoon i always hit 33 mpg on occassion a nice 35 mpg (no my driving habits didnt change either )

Last edited by milano sol; 01-11-2007 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:16 AM
5 Year Member
thanks for the input. i wonder if spoon has any dyno numbers.

too bad there isn't a fit dyno comparo on several options. that'd be so cool.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
as long as the filtering ability isnt compromised, the Spoon filter is Go!

Old 02-17-2007, 06:25 PM
I have the spoon filter in my auto fit sport. I to notice better flow when vtec is engaged compared to oem. Is a good buy and also cheaper than any CAI or SR intake's. Plus it is spoon you are dealing with. I think they know what their talking about when it comes to Honda's. Which leaves me worry free.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Has anyone tried or heard about the HKS Super Hybrid Filter? It is HKS's newest drop in filter and they have a Fit application, very cheap priced one I might add. It is made from a new Foam similar to there traditional green foam drop in and mushroom style filters but not the same type of foam, suppose to flow better.

Here is a reputable seller who I have bought from many times selling one on ebay:

eBay Motors: HKS Super Hybrid Filter 06-07 Honda Fit JDM New (item 300080237801 end time Feb-20-07 19:22:10 PST)