Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Installing PROTOTYPE engine mounts from Innovative

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wave
yeah, definitely vibrates the dashboard but I don't mind.

Oh and thanks to "gettinafit" for the install!

No Prob man! Thanks for dinner and the exhaust!

My back is slowly healing! hehe

Old 09-11-2007, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gettinafit
No Prob man! Thanks for dinner and the exhaust!

My back is slowly healing! hehe
so you got the power gatter now??

Old 09-11-2007, 10:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sy11580
so you got the power gatter now??
Soon....!!

Old 09-19-2007, 10:21 AM
where do you guys order from?

Old 09-19-2007, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by t3chn0rav3rb0y
where do you guys order from?
Welcome to Innovative Mounts

Phone(714) 524-5246

sales@innovativemounts.com

Old 09-23-2007, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
Some pics finally...

Well here's the reason I needed INNOVATIVE mounts in such a rush. Once again a heartfelt THANK YOU to all the guys at INNOVATIVE for helping me out.

If you guys remember my disaster with the Cold Air Intake and a really deep puddle you'll remember that this is my Fit's second engine. Apparently the stock engine mount FAILED and I was driving around on just 2 engine mounts! I just can't win right?

Luckily, I was considering getting some upgraded billet mounts from INNOVATIVE down the line...just not this soon!

Credit Card and the best Honda mechanic I know - Lance(AKA - Gettinafit) to the rescue! FedEx did an overnight Saturday delivery so that we could get these slapped in ASAP.

INNOVATIVE did a super sweet job on the candy apple blue powdercoat and it looks great with the black 75A hardness bushing!

After removing all the packaging material. Initial thoughts? Wow these things look substantially tough! And they're pretty as heck!

Looking into the engine compartment, this will replace the right side engine mount.

Looking into the engine compartment, this will replace the rear engine mount.

Looking into the engine compartment, these two pieces will replace the left side engine mount(the one I needed to replace).

Here you can see the left side mount and how it pieces together. You'll also notice how nicely their candy apple blue powdercoat matches the OEM Vivid Blue Pearl paint.

Next we moved on to replacing the right side mount. We seemed to experience the same problem that Leonine did. The mount needed some coaxing to fit onto the frame - luckily we had a rubber mallet handy! After a few smashes we got it to go in. I hope INNOVATIVE modifies this part so that future customers don't experience this minor problem. If you look closely we did scuff the powdercoating but it didn't matter to me as you can't see it when the battery tray is replaced. Once again you'll notice how nicely the paint matches the T1R brand Grounding kit.

Here's a good look at the scuff marks...big deal. In no way will it affect the performance of the mount itself.

Here's a look at the OEM right side mount. Notice the lack of material in the mount? Looks cheap compared to the INNOVATIVE product.

We didn't get any shots of the rear mount install because we were quickly running out of daylight and because it was pretty tight quarters. According to Lance, this was the toughest part of the install only because it was so hard to move around in there.

Here's a good shot comparing the OEM rear mount vs. the INNOVATIVE part.

Aaaaaah. All fixed!

Engine no longer holding on with just 2 OEM mounts.

Good shot of the completed left side mount installed.

And somewhere in there is the right side mount. I told you guys you wouldn't see the scuff marks!

Final thoughts:

- If you're going to install these mounts make sure you have the proper tools necessary as well as the time and mechanical know how to get the job done right. If not, seriously find someone that does!

- Red LocTite is your friend!

- I recently went on a road trip from Long Island, New York to Virginia Beach, Virginia and back. I also commute 120 miles a day at least 5 days a week. I have had no issues/problems with the upgraded mounts so far.

- Innovative's 75A bushing hardness sacrifices comfort for increased performance. The cabin rattles at 1500RPM and when the engine is cold. When it's warmed up it isn't so bad but it's definitely there. You also hear more engine noise at all RPM's as the stiffer mounts transfer everything back your way. Some people may like it, others won't. I intend to go forced induction sooner or later so 75A was a must for me, in my opinion.

- If you want OEM-like comfort you can always order their 60A bushing hardness. Innovative mounts will still be better than anything OEM.

Once again all statements and opinions posted above are my own based on my own knowledge of my 2007 Honda Fit Sport A/T. YMMV. Happy motoring guys........

Old 09-23-2007, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member
Wow what a writeup! De-ja-vu! Happy things are well. Glad I could help!

Old 10-07-2007, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
How much did they run you Wave? I'm looking to purchasing a set for my MT next month!

Old 10-08-2007, 08:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nttdemented
How much did they run you Wave? I'm looking to purchasing a set for my MT next month!
Best bet is to call them...
Phone(714) 524-5246

Old 10-26-2007, 09:43 AM
wow! great stuff guys . Has anyone installed the 60A kit.?????? would like to hear how it feels befor buying. trying to keep the wife from bit#!%&* at me.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PR fit
wow! great stuff guys . Has anyone installed the 60A kit.?????? would like to hear how it feels befor buying. trying to keep the wife from bit#!%&* at me.
I'm just about to install a full set in 60A. I'm gonna be sending Innovative my MT's tranny mount for R&D on it. They already have the set for the automatics available but with the R&D they will do using the tranny kit I'm sending them they will have the set for us MTs. I'm gonna get a sweet deal for providing the OEM mount.

I'll keep you guys posted!

Old 10-27-2007, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
I'm just about to install a full set in 60A. I'm gonna be sending Innovative my MT's tranny mount for R&D on it. They already have the set for the automatics available but with the R&D they will do using the tranny kit I'm sending them they will have the set for us MTs. I'm gonna get a sweet deal for providing the OEM mount.

I'll keep you guys posted!

Cool M/T replacement mounts!

Old 03-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Are these mounts available now for MT? I am taking a road trip from calgary, ab canada to Los angeles in the fit this july and want to pick some of these up! Where can I pick up a set of these? Direct from them or is there a local shop in LA that I can get them from?

Old 03-19-2008, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
I'm offly sorry but I still haven't gotten around to sending the OEM tranny mount to them to get it fabed and fitted. I guess no one else has jumped the gun on me yet. I have to call Tim and schedule the shipment so they can work on it. My guess is that they still aren't available and everyone is waiting for someone like me to help them fab the tranny mount.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member
I'm offly sorry but I still haven't gotten around to sending the OEM tranny mount to them to get it fabed and fitted. I guess no one else has jumped the gun on me yet. I have to call Tim and schedule the shipment so they can work on it. My guess is that they still aren't available and everyone is waiting for someone like me to help them fab the tranny mount.
This is true! SEND EM already!

Old 03-19-2008, 03:21 PM
Actually I called and they said that they were just finishing up the design and they MT mounts will be available in a couple weeks. I want to pick up a set in July when I am down the Cali, so they should be ready by then.. i hope.. anyone have an idea on MSRP on the MT ones?

Old 03-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by YeeFit
Actually I called and they said that they were just finishing up the design and they MT mounts will be available in a couple weeks. I want to pick up a set in July when I am down the Cali, so they should be ready by then.. i hope.. anyone have an idea on MSRP on the MT ones?
If it's priced right, wanna get me a set while you are down there?

Old 03-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Illusive
If it's priced right, wanna get me a set while you are down there?
for sure man.. i'll let you know.. I'm gonna be like a "fat kid in a candy store" when i'm in cali.. .. so many things to buy for the Fit lol.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:06 PM
Fit Freak Member
Awesome thread. Great pics

Old 05-18-2008, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
thanks.
__________________________________________________ ___________

Quick Reply: Installing PROTOTYPE engine mounts from Innovative