Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Installing PROTOTYPE engine mounts from Innovative

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
TPColgett, I feel bad for you, I really do...

PEOPLE like I've said! STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! They are horrible to deal with and over priced for what you get. You are better of finding a fabricator to make some mounts for you. From the few people who have used them and posted here looks like almost all had issues. Why gamble with them and find out one or more of the mounts aren't going to work once you've got your car in pieces?

If you find my thread you will see that not only did I not get the hardware to make the passenger side mount work I had issues with the shank on the mount you have issues with as well. It was undersized and the rubber portion hung over 1/4 to 1/2" on both sides if I remember making it a PITA, I ended up cutting it to fit. FYI I got the cold shoulder from this company through email/phone. (also had custom 75A mounts made)

Old 01-10-2013, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lcq4blackstar
TPColgett, I feel bad for you, I really do...

PEOPLE like I've said! STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! They are horrible to deal with and over priced for what you get. You are better of finding a fabricator to make some mounts for you. From the few people who have used them and posted here looks like almost all had issues. Why gamble with them and find out one or more of the mounts aren't going to work once you've got your car in pieces?

If you find my thread you will see that not only did I not get the hardware to make the passenger side mount work I had issues with the shank on the mount you have issues with as well. It was undersized and the rubber portion hung over 1/4 to 1/2" on both sides if I remember making it a PITA, I ended up cutting it to fit. FYI I got the cold shoulder from this company through email/phone. (also had custom 75A mounts made)
I was able to finally get in touch with some one at Innovative who is shipping me the "correct" inner metal press sleeve for the mount.

How/did you solve the issue with the passenger side mount? Did these ever make it onto you car? I'd love to hear your feed back...

Old 01-12-2013, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
Here is my thread on my install/troubles....

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...trans-gd3.html

And how do they expect you to press the steel shank out of the mount they sent so you can get the right one in!?!

Old 01-18-2013, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lcq4blackstar
Here is my thread on my install/troubles....

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...trans-gd3.html

And how do they expect you to press the steel shank out of the mount they sent so you can get the right one in!?!
Thank you for sharing. I may just emulate you and head to the hardware store to sort out the passenger side mount.

I'm very lucky in this case to have access to a 75 ton shop press.... For everyone else... NO clue what you'd do

Old 12-04-2016, 10:45 AM
3K9
Request for pics to be uploaded back again, please.