Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

General Voltage Stabilizer Puzzle Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by gettinafit
nice post but very difficult to read.

Paragraphs!
hope this help's now to read better.

Old 07-01-2007, 05:33 PM
To arteitle: its good that an electrical engineer like you responded to this subject,my question is ARE ALL CARS HAVE A GOOD ELECTRICAL DESIGN?ARE ALL CARS HAVE THE SAME ECU? DOES ALL CAR HAVE NO WEAK POINTS? on the issue of capacitors i AGREE with you,how about the CAR?If you have an OSCILLOSCOPE and you can you show on this FORUM that there will be NO VOLTAGE FLUCTUATION or VOLTAGE DROPPED while there are ELECTRICAL LOADS ON YOUR FIT,then we can say that a HONDA FIT is a PERFECTLY DESIGNED CAR,even though HONDA FORGOT to put a LOCKING GAS CAP,WATER TEMPERATURE GAUGE,DEAD PEDAL,CENTER ARMREST,etc,etc,.CAPACITOR is NOT the only ISSUE on this SUBJECT,THE CAR TOO,I guess i'm only DREAMING when those NUMBERS appeared on my SCANGAUGE,DIGITAL VOLTMETER ,VOLTAGE STABILIZER VOLTMETER.

Last edited by boyetssilverfit; 07-01-2007 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by boyetssilverfit
To arteitle: its good that an electrical engineer like you responded to this subject,my question is ARE ALL CARS HAVE A GOOD ELECTRICAL DESIGN?ARE ALL CARS HAVE THE SAME ECU? DOES ALL CAR HAVE NO WEAK POINTS? on the issue of capacitors i AGREE with you,how about the CAR?If you have an OSCILLOSCOPE and you can you show on this FORUM that there will be NO VOLTAGE FLUCTUATION or VOLTAGE DROPPED while there are ELECTRICAL LOADS ON YOUR FIT,then we can say that a HONDA FIT is a PERFECTLY DESIGNED CAR,even though HONDA does'nt even have a LOCKING GAS CAP,I guess i was just DREAMING when those NUMBERS appear on my SCANGAUGE,DIGITAL VOLTMETER,&VOLTAGE STABILIZER VOLTMETER.
Calm down and stop shouting. I never suggested that there wouldn't be any noise or fluctuation in the electrical system voltage, as measured at the ECU or anywhere else, while the engine is running. There definitely will be: RFI from the spark plugs, noise from the rectification of the three-phase generator that is the alternator, etc. My two main points were first, that a "voltage stabilizer" consisting of a small fraction of a farad of capacitance added in parallel across the battery would definitely have no impact on DC voltages, and have no significant impact on noise anywhere in the system (except possibly right at the "stabilizer", with the inductance and resistance of its leads slightly isolating it from the rest of the system), and second, that the noise generated by the alternator and the ignition and audio systems is present in every car, absolutely must be taken into consideration by any automotive electrical engineer, and is not a problem.

Old 07-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by arteitle
Calm down and stop shouting. I never suggested that there wouldn't be any noise or fluctuation in the electrical system voltage, as measured at the ECU or anywhere else, while the engine is running. There definitely will be: RFI from the spark plugs, noise from the rectification of the three-phase generator that is the alternator, etc. My two main points were first, that a "voltage stabilizer" consisting of a small fraction of a farad of capacitance added in parallel across the battery would definitely have no impact on DC voltages, and have no significant impact on noise anywhere in the system (except possibly right at the "stabilizer", with the inductance and resistance of its leads slightly isolating it from the rest of the system), and second, that the noise generated by the alternator and the ignition and audio systems is present in every car, absolutely must be taken into consideration by any automotive electrical engineer, and is not a problem.
I am relax sir,like i said before i'm not an EXPERT when it comes to ELECTRICITY,I also value & respect your opinion,I dont like CONFLICT FORUM,I just want to share my EXPERIENCE.

Old 07-01-2007, 06:07 PM
I am relax sir,like i said before i'm not an EXPERT when it comes to ELECTRICITY,I also value & respect your opinion,I dont like CONFLICT FORUM,I just want to share my EXPERIENCE.
Thanks. Sorry about that, with all the caps it sounded like you were yelling at me. My goal is the same as yours: to share my experience and knowledge regarding electricity. It's a pretty mysterious phenomenon to almost everyone, and analyzing how it behaves can be really complicated.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:11 PM
e-power3 spark

installation of e-power3 spark for improving ionization is what the info sheets states.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:35 PM
silversartofperformance.com is site from where these items come from.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by markww3
silversartofperformance.com is site from where these items come from.
are you sure?

Old 07-01-2007, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member
installation of e-power3 spark for improving ionization is what the info sheets states.
word.

did I miss something?

Old 07-01-2007, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
are you sure?
there isn't anything at "silverstarperformance.com" either...

Last edited by cheffyjay; 07-01-2007 at 11:26 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:20 AM
need some clarifications... Did you do the voltage check with voltage stablizer first, with no load, then full load. Then you take off the VS and do no load, full load again? And am I correct in assuming your car was cold when you started the tests and the car was warmed-up for the second test?

Old 07-02-2007, 03:54 AM
Originally Posted by meidosan
need some clarifications... Did you do the voltage check with voltage stablizer first, with no load, then full load. Then you take off the VS and do no load, full load again? And am I correct in assuming your car was cold when you started the tests and the car was warmed-up for the second test?
i'm DONE with voltage stabilizer,for ME there is NO PUZZLE ,maybe some other FIT FREAK MEMBERS will come FORWARD and DO SOME MEASUREMENT,the FUNNY thing about this THREAD is it's ALL OPINION'S,ALL TALK!!! but nobody REALLY WANTS TO DO SOME SERIOUS MEASUREMENT USING OSCILLOSCOPE,i wish i have an OSCILLOSCOPE but unfortunately i DONT have one,i have a STETHOSCOPE though, (JUST KDDING)this will be my last post on this THREAD coz i will move on to my next mod,just my 2 cents,GOOD LUCK!!

Last edited by boyetssilverfit; 07-02-2007 at 04:14 AM.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:46 AM
i'm DONE with voltage stabilizer,for ME there is NO PUZZLE ,maybe some other FIT FREAK MEMBERS will come FORWARD and DO SOME MEASUREMENT,the FUNNY thing about this THREAD is it's ALL OPINION'S,ALL TALK!!! but nobody REALLY WANTS TO DO SOME SERIOUS MEASUREMENT USING OSCILLOSCOPE,i wish i have an OSCILLOSCOPE but unfortunately i DONT have one,i have a STETHOSCOPE though, (JUST KDDING)this will be my last post on this THREAD coz i will move on to my next mod,just my 2 cents,GOOD LUCK!!
I believe even with an oscilloscope, it would be difficult. Alternator does not always give out constant voltage. It is temperature dependant. The hotter the alternator, the less voltage it pumps out. It could be misleading to say that the voltage dropped after removing the voltage stablizer. Besides, most power supplied to sensors is provided by ECU, which is already stabilized and regulated internally inside ECU. It may be beneficial to have a VS inline with ignition coil, just like those CD ignition devices. Besides this, I do not believe VS has much influence on a car's electrical system.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by claymore
Artietle, real nice to finally have an electrical engineer confirm what most of us mechanics have thought since these things came out. Great post WITH FACTS to back up your thinking GOOD JOB and thanks for your knowledgeable post.
I completely agree-
THANKS arteitle!!

Old 07-02-2007, 11:17 PM
you know what settle the iusse in my mind was the fact the AJ will not allow returns or refunds > SCAM ALERT

Old 07-02-2007, 11:22 PM
Silver's :: Art Of Performance :: is the site, they say the item are made in the replubic of Taiwn

Old 07-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Silver's :: Art Of Performance :: is site to obtain the booster from overseas location

Old 07-06-2007, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
you know what settle the iusse in my mind was the fact the AJ will not allow returns or refunds > SCAM ALERT
That's a good one... I am not an electrical engineer or mechanic. However i have a scangauge and drove my car for several days watching the patterns of the volts and how they fluctuate during different driving conditions before AND after and there was no difference at all.

Old 07-08-2007, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
Um, how is that a scam alert when that policy applies to all purchases from AJR and not just the stabilizers? You could buy a muffler from them and there would still be no refund or return.

Old 07-08-2007, 03:48 AM
Originally Posted by Chikubi
Also re: the T1R, I can't say anything about the results you got from having it connected, but so far every tank I've had since it's been installed has been on average consistently higher in mpg than from before. At first I thought it may just be a fluke, but it's been consistently so up to now and nothing has changed other than adding the booster -- same gas station, same driving style, etc. And, I'm not one to buy into hype usually, but the results are there in my case.
How many miles do you have on your Fit? Is it possible that the better mileage could be due to the engine breaking in and running better?

I know my question is a little off topic but I'm just trying to compare everyone's input and experiences.

Edit: How many more MPG are you getting? Do you have the Ignition Booster AND the Voltage Stabilizer, or just one of the two?

Quick Reply: General Voltage Stabilizer Puzzle Thread