Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

PassworedJDM Carbon Fiber Power Chamber...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 01:53 PM
You might be able to get that same Odessy battery cheaper locally. Just a thought.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:29 PM
awsome intake, had one on my 97 teg. sounds loud and DDEEEPPP! but with this the intake and relocator is totaling to 400+, no thanks.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
till the end of feb theyre offering 10% off of all carbon

Old 02-13-2008, 03:26 AM
5 Year Member
im gonna try costco to see how much an oddessy battery is.
if that fails...im going to the junk yards! this intake is growing on me. not a lot of people have it, and thats probably why i want it.

i dont get it...the t1r intake isnt that around 350? and everyone is complaining about this price? meh..

Old 02-13-2008, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
Good to see this thread came back to life. I like this intake personally, but it seems that people do not want to though the hassel of relocating the battery and paying for that the add on relocation kit.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
im gonna try costco to see how much an oddessy battery is.
if that fails...im going to the junk yards! this intake is growing on me. not a lot of people have it, and thats probably why i want it.

i dont get it...the t1r intake isnt that around 350? and everyone is complaining about this price? meh..

I think its a little more??? also shipping and customs cost would kill us west coast guys

Old 02-13-2008, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
im not going to lie its nice and id still like to get it so it would match my carbon engine cover i got from them but dont be surprised if the weaves are messed up

Old 02-13-2008, 05:07 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
i don't like it

Old 02-13-2008, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by redrumm
im not going to lie its nice and id still like to get it so it would match my carbon engine cover i got from them but dont be surprised if the weaves are messed up

haha aslong as theyre messed up on the bottom..

Old 02-13-2008, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by George02
haha aslong as theyre messed up on the bottom..

ahah that would be nice but i doubt it. thats not how mine was.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
i just ordered this intake w/ battery relocation kit...along with the CF engine cover. dont evne have the car yet, lol. im pick it up on saturday and next week i will install th parts. maybe ill do a DIY for the relocation and intake install. pics to be posted soon

Old 02-14-2008, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NIGHTHAWKSI
i just ordered this intake w/ battery relocation kit...along with the CF engine cover. dont evne have the car yet, lol. im pick it up on saturday and next week i will install th parts. maybe ill do a DIY for the relocation and intake install. pics to be posted soon
sweet bro. post pics when you recieve the intake. I want to see the weaves!!!!

Old 02-14-2008, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
nice.

costco doesnt have the small oddessy battery for some reason

i hate my fujita intake. im always scared of sucking in water. (which i have done once and it blew the a/f sensor and the 02 bung). and i dont want to have the hassle of bringing it in to the dealer again.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
nice.

costco doesnt have the small oddessy battery for some reason

i hate my fujita intake. im always scared of sucking in water. (which i have done once and it blew the a/f sensor and the 02 bung). and i dont want to have the hassle of bringing it in to the dealer again.

I have fujita sri and dont like it, you can see all of the tranny. looks like theres too much missing

Old 02-21-2008, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
so, i got my passwordJDM intake, CF engine cover and the battery reloctor kit. was in the process of doing a DIY when my camera batteries died .

there will be a DIY and pictures will be posted thread when i get around to getting some good pics of the car....i will make a progress thread of my car.

as for the intake....sounds great. just what i was looking for. the FIT isnt desinged to be fast...so why bother . i wasnt looking for huge gains or anything, just a little aggressive sound (only audible over 4k RPM), and a nice look. the weave on both the intake and the engine cover are perfect, and match. the right side of the engine is very tight now, and at one point i didnt think the intake was going to fit. it requires the relocation of the battery, but the intake must be installed after the OEM battery is removed and beofre the smaller one is installed, or else you cannot get the intake into position. also, the filter touches metal near teh back of teh headlight, nothing im too concerned about, but just emphasizes the tight fit.

as for the quality of the CF peices, i honestly expected better. the intake is more of a "shell" and you need to put grommets in holes a in order to attach the vacuum tube and air sensor. when installing the grommets, i felt as if the pressure of squeezing them in was going to crack the intake..but the eventually went in with a little convincing.

however, the battery relocation kit was nicely done, good welds, bolted in perfectly and a very clean install.

overall, im pleased with the products, and reccomend them if some one is going for the "mad tight JDM yo" look.

expect finsihed pictures to be posted in there when i get a chance.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
find that this is pricy when you could do what i did and make ur own custom intake for around $75 to $95....it look nice since carbon fiber but wow $$$$

Old 05-20-2008, 10:38 PM
I just got mine today. It's super light, looking from the inside of the carbon housing you can see some areas of light (Loose weave of carbon in these areas) but, from the outside it looks okay. I'll install tomorrow hopefully time permitting take some pics.
1. take out battery and tray
2.remove iat sensor clip and aux air hose
3. remove air cleaner assy
4. clean area
5. put in new battery tray
6. remove vacuum and throttle body heater line careful when removing heater line (hot anti-freeze) this may be a good time to bypass this line if weather permits in your area
7. add the new throttle body heater line and clamps.(route the line down because the chamber will rub on it)
8. put new iat groumet in, throttle body tube and clamps, and filter with clamp (shake any loose carbon that may have flaked off during assy.)
9. place fit new air box assy. filter first (I tried to finagle with the bracket that came with the kit, no luck tossed it out)
10. stick the non tapered side of male vacuum tube through the tapered side of groumet (two tapered sides facing one direction)
11. trim tube to fit and install (tube first then stick the grommet into the box)
12. put battery terminals on and install ( positive near to the front)
13. adjust box and air cleaner, it slightly touches battery and headlight backing (make sure it just clears the radiator hose.)
14. tighten down the clamps, and put in the iat sensor and clip.
15. recheck and start em up!!!!
sorry I only had a couple hours to do it so I did not take any pics. I did not get to test it throughly.

to be continued

I chose this package because I knew if I was going to get a carbon fiber intake. I might as well relocate or get this type of battery. (15#s off the driver front)

Last edited by 08FitSport; 05-22-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
BUMP! We need some pics/videos of this beast!

Old 05-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Sorry I had a very short window of time to do the install so I just slapped it in and updated my thread. I'll try to do some pics this weekend.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...od-thread.html
a few pics of this intake installed on my car can be found here

Quick Reply: PassworedJDM Carbon Fiber Power Chamber...