Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

DIY: P2R Intake Manifold "performance" gasket

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
Originally Posted by vbo
I have a heatshield gasket on my EP3. It's a very good things. But the P2R use standard plastic i know. Hondata use phoneolic material and comptech use multilayer composit resin.

Plastic is not recommended.
phenolics r plastics
epoxy resins r plastics
nomex (fire proof clothing) is a plastic
maybe try a little research before u badmouth something....but i guess ignorance is bliss.......
plz don't use "phony"olic material as research

Last edited by SFactor2; 01-22-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:24 PM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
Originally Posted by Darkstars
I have a very hard time believing that this will actually do anything. The air in the intake manifold is not sitting there getting heat soaked its being sucked through. I really doubt the manifold gets so hot that its heating the air passing through it quick enough to result in a power lose.

And to the dude talking about his intercooler temps dropping from the plastic gasket.... thats not even logical. The intake manifold is the last thing the air travels through before going into the head/engine. How hot intake manifold gets will not affect the temp of the intercooler, the air has already gone through the intercooler by the time it reaches the manifold. Its not possible for intercooler temps to drop by 38* because of a plastic gasket on the intake manifold. (I think thats what you were trying to say, your post was all over the place)
if air is traveling so fast as to not get heated/cooled then........why does honda route hot coolant to the throttle body? honda engineers think temps CAN be regulated but they r professional engineers...but what do they know when "the internet ppl" say otherwise?

Old 02-04-2009, 11:34 PM
looks like a good mod.. Especially with the WR Intake Manifold.. Since it's Aluminum this can help isolate the heat from the cylinder head.

Good Job..

Old 02-09-2009, 04:13 AM
5 Year Member
Old 02-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Intake manifold-Weapon-R

So what is the deal with the Weapon-R intake manifolds? How much horsepower do they add to the fit. They don't advertise that, and what about it being made of sheet metal? And how come nobody else makes one that I can find? Any comments would be much appreciated.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:46 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Nobody else makes such a product; I will be posting HP results in a few weeks time

Old 02-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
try posting in the WR section. You'll get more responses. This P2R gasket has nothing to do with the WR manifold

Originally Posted by Iwtozz03
So what is the deal with the Weapon-R intake manifolds? How much horsepower do they add to the fit. They don't advertise that, and what about it being made of sheet metal? And how come nobody else makes one that I can find? Any comments would be much appreciated.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:06 AM
My bad...new to this thing...

Old 03-29-2011, 09:38 PM
where did you get your cover im having a hard time finding one for my 2010

Old 08-03-2011, 07:22 PM
I installed a P2R gasket with my WR Manifold! It should help it stay cooler but the fact that the plenum sits right on the valvecover means it's getting it's fair share of heat no matther what! I even put some ''Reflect-A-Gold'' stuff on both the plenum and valve cover... a little bit cooler but it still gets hot!!

Marko!!

Old 09-24-2012, 01:44 PM
A sfactor2 the lower the temp going into the chamber, the lower it wll be coming out exhaust. Coolant is ran to the tab for good cold idle characteristics and said professional engineers job on most cars is to make things cheaper do a model makes more profit for the company

Old 09-24-2012, 01:49 PM
By no means do I think the gasket dropped his int temp that much.... Maybe inaccurate measurement or some error. But the intake acts as a heatsink for the head on every car. And it gets so hot it's hard to keep your hand on it. The gasket insulates it from this. It's proven to work and is an excellent cheap way to add some fuel efficiency and a little extra power to a daily driver especially if using a cold air intake too

Old 09-24-2012, 01:55 PM
You are replying to a kid who has been banned for almost 4 years.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Lol oops I didn't see that. iPhone lol

Old 11-29-2014, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
What happened to the pictures? I want to remove my intake manifold so that I can get to my pcv valve to swap it out. I want to known the rotations on taking out the bolts. Any advice would be great.

Old 11-29-2014, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GinoLicious
What happened to the pictures? I want to remove my intake manifold so that I can get to my pcv valve to swap it out. I want to known the rotations on taking out the bolts. Any advice would be great.
Bolt rotations? Righty tighty lefty lossy my friend if that's what you're referring too. I don't believe there is anything reverse thread on the Fit unless it's internal.

Old 11-30-2014, 09:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rollerboots666
Bolt rotations? Righty tighty lefty lossy my friend if that's what you're referring too. I don't believe there is anything reverse thread on the Fit unless it's internal.

There is a sequence as to which bolts you remove. There is a specific order. I want to follow this order so that my stuff does not get warped. When reinstalled you do it the opposite in which you took the bolts off so that it seals properly.

I have the sequence for the 5 bolts in the middle of the manifold and the 6 bolts at the bottom. I cannot seem to find the sequence for the 5 bolts near the top portion of the manifold.

Also does anyone know the torque specs for this bolts? It is going into aluminium so you do not want it tighten too much, but I also do not want to have them too loose.

Old 11-30-2014, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
There is a sequence as to which bolts you remove. There is a specific order. I want to follow this order so that my stuff does not get warped. When reinstalled you do it the opposite in which you took the bolts off so that it seals properly.

I have the sequence for the 5 bolts in the middle of the manifold and the 6 bolts at the bottom. I cannot seem to find the sequence for the 5 bolts near the top portion of the manifold.

Also does anyone know the torque specs for this bolts? It is going into aluminium so you do not want it tighten too much, but I also do not want to have them too loose.
Gotcha. I never followed that sequence on Honda's in the east. Only for the head bolts. I would imagine that on a cold engine there wouldn't be any warping especially if you hand tighten down all bolts then do like a few inside then outside. Probably even a double torque (example - 50lbs first torque, 65lbs second torque) but hey I could be wrong on this one.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:05 AM
5 Year Member
So much work for a damn pcv valve I tell ya

Old 11-30-2014, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
So much work for a damn pcv valve I tell ya
Hahaha I bet