Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Weapon R street Header VS T1R Header

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by overheatedfit
both headers are not carb legal right.
the weapon R street is carb legal, i dunno about the t1r response header.

I just installed my WR Street header, and I definitely noticed some great low end power improvement. I think it's an excellent product well worth the $200 I paid and then some. The installation was easy and even though the bolt didn't line up to the bracket, the header is completely solid and the bracket isn't necessary.

I'm sure that the t1r response header is a very high quality product, but I highly doubt on our small l15 that the difference will be NOTICIBLE between the two. For the extra $200 you'll get 1-2 hp(maybe) and you'll have a nicer quality product.

But, really, the Weapon R gets the job done.

so, to sum things up:
If you don't mind spending the big bucks, get the t1r. It's the best of the best for what it does.(This category of person would be like the guy that buys the new Alienware Laptop the week it comes out!)

But if you just want something that provides great power and looks good, the Weapon R will do you well. (This is the guy that builds his own PC and overclocks it for much less $$!)

Old 07-19-2008, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by drzenitram
I do not think this is true [yet]. Directly from the Weapon-R site

Weapon*R Racing Development

Weapon*R Street Header was designed to increase Horsepower & Torque. This is ideal header for all the people who are into weekend competition racing and yet drive thier car on a daily basis. ( NOT 50 State Legal ) Designed, Research and Development on Weapon*R's Dynapack Dyno. OFFROAD USE ONLY NOT LEGAL FOR USE ON PUBLIC HIGHWAYS
WeaponR staff FF member even states it here

Wish it was CARB pending though

Old 07-19-2008, 01:27 AM
my fault! lol, I guess I thought it said it was carb legal. I don't know why I thought that.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:08 AM
5 Year Member
Hello,
does anybody know the cheapest place where to find the Weapon-R street header, shipped abroad?

Thank you,
Stefano

Old 01-08-2010, 12:12 PM
5 Year Member
which engine Stefano?

Old 01-09-2010, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
It's the smallest available engine for Fit/Jazz, the L12A i-DSi (Honda L engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ).

Thanks for your feedback,

Stefano

Old 01-10-2010, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
OK got it but that will be something you will find in europe/ asia were the 1.2 are.
If I see anything in the next few weeks I will post ya @ your page.
Mike

Old 01-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by t3chn0rav3rb0y
hey, i was wondering what the differences were between the type 1 racing header and the weapon r header...gains, losses...i mean i know theres probably no losses, but whats better?? Thanks for all your replys
I have had my WeaponR race header now for just about a year... it was a serious pain to install (dropping the sub frame and hours of trying to work it into the right position) but it really has a dramatic affect on the Fit performance.

Before that I ran a T1R response header, which was good... but being able to compare then back to back I would recommended the WR race header anyway.

Originally Posted by drzenitram

I just installed my WR Street header, and I definitely noticed some great low end power improvement. I think it's an excellent product well worth the $200 I paid and then some. The installation was easy and even though the bolt didn't line up to the bracket, the header is completely solid and the bracket isn't necessary.

I'm sure that the t1r response header is a very high quality product, but I highly doubt on our small l15 that the difference will be NOTICIBLE between the two. For the extra $200 you'll get 1-2 hp(maybe) and you'll have a nicer quality product.

But, really, the Weapon R gets the job done.

so, to sum things up:
If you don't mind spending the big bucks, get the t1r. It's the best of the best for what it does.(This category of person would be like the guy that buys the new Alienware Laptop the week it comes out!)

But if you just want something that provides great power and looks good, the Weapon R will do you well. (This is the guy that builds his own PC and overclocks it for much less $$!)
I would think the T1R response header should be carb legal, it doesn't affect any of the emissions controls.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:03 PM
FYI.. We have found it easier to install by removing the Intake Manifold and going from the top.. It took alot less effort, and installed alot easier..

Thanks Sugafreak.. Hope you will continue to enjoy the header..

Also hope you enjoy the intake manifold..

Old 01-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Yeah it is a pain in the ass to bring in from the bottom, if you could get it in from the top by removing the manifold it would be totally worth it!

Leo, you guys will be happy to know that I placed 3rd this year on the rookie championship for our autocross club. I was one point behind an S2000CR (who I beat on the last couple of events) and 3 points behind a Mini-S.

At one point I had a guy come up and ask me what I had under the hood because I had just beaten a WRX with a full STI conversion.

Love the WR parts, has been very reliable!

Old 01-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Arisenfury
Weapon*R here. Aside from the support bracket not matching up it works wonders. Car is much more driveable.
I second that!!!!!