Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

T1R Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Does anyone know what size the wastegate is on the T1R kit? I'm looking at getting a 0.6bar or 0.7bar Tial spring for my wastegate.

Is it a 38mm or 44mm? or does it even matter?

Old 10-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Fa1
Pretty sure its a 38.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:47 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
heres the tial wastegate spring chart

Old 10-15-2008, 03:16 PM
what size is the piping for the I/C and downpipe? 2.5''?

Old 10-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
well, in california they dont do anything. the state ref smog program was discontinued. also i have a few tricks up my sleeve to not get busted in the first place.
I think it's back up this week or last week...

Had a customer just say he came back from the refs today.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:27 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr B
I think it's back up this week or last week...

Had a customer just say he came back from the refs today.
yep. i know. i just bought an s2000 exhaust to fab up for my car. keep me under the radar a little better than a straight pipe out.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:44 PM
this might be a rediculous question...but i dont feel like searching all over the place for an answer so if someone could link me to a previous post if the answer is on it that would be great

but

does this kit come with everything? like EVERYTHING i need to install? besides the tools? and would i need to do a tranny swap? all my friends are VW junkies and think i need to put a new tranny in but id rather ask you guys.

help is much appreciated. thank you

Old 10-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by silverbulletfit
this might be a rediculous question...but i dont feel like searching all over the place for an answer so if someone could link me to a previous post if the answer is on it that would be great

but

does this kit come with everything? like EVERYTHING i need to install? besides the tools? and would i need to do a tranny swap? all my friends are VW junkies and think i need to put a new tranny in but id rather ask you guys.

help is much appreciated. thank you
Everything you need to get up and running? YES. This kit comes with everything you need. The HKS kit does as well, but you will only be able to get ~130whp with this kit alone. The T1R kit comes with larger injectors, a BOV, and a few other little goodies that don't come with the HKS kit. Out of the box, the T1R kit will yield you ~165whp @ 6psi. This is largely due to the included 310cc injectors and the cat delete pipe.

Gauges are always optional on any kit, and they are for you as well.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:07 AM
Yup, as said above the T1R kit comes with everything you need to drive out of the garage once you're done. Gauges are HIGHLY recommended, at least boost pressure.

Tranny swap? LOL! Your VW buddies are a little confused. What are you gonna swap it for? There are no aftermarket transmission options for the fit as of yet. Even my stock clutch still grabs like a mofo -- I can spin hard through 1st and 2nd if I'm feeling frisky

Old 10-23-2008, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by explosivpotato
Yup, as said above the T1R kit comes with everything you need to drive out of the garage once you're done. Gauges are HIGHLY recommended, at least boost pressure.

Tranny swap? LOL! Your VW buddies are a little confused. What are you gonna swap it for? There are no aftermarket transmission options for the fit as of yet. Even my stock clutch still grabs like a mofo -- I can spin hard through 1st and 2nd if I'm feeling frisky
Ahhhh... my fellow boosted friend, there are 2 new clutch options for our cars from Exedy. I got an email from them a few days ago, I posted a new thread about it and was surprised that no one actually replied to it! Click on the link to fullfill your clutch dreams!

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...lable-now.html

Last edited by YeeFit; 10-23-2008 at 12:29 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:19 AM
SWEET! I'm gonna need one of those soon. My clutch grabs good now, but a few miles down the road.... I'll check it out!

Old 10-23-2008, 11:07 AM
thanks for you help guys! i appreciate. once i get the money together i plan on putting the T1R kit on my fit.

i still need to get an exhaust and intake. so im thinking i might do that first. or save up all the money and do it at once haha

Old 10-23-2008, 11:09 AM
thanks for you help guys! i appreciate. once i get the money together i plan on putting the T1R kit on my fit.

i still need to get an exhaust and intake. so im thinking i might do that first. or save up all the money and do it at once haha
Don't waste your money on an intake. The T1R turbo kit replaces the intake. All you need is a catback exhaust.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:19 AM
T1R 50s muffler and T1R b-pipe a good choice?

Old 10-23-2008, 11:23 AM
T1R 50s muffler and T1R b-pipe a good choice?
2 top notch choice IMO. I have the T1R b-pipe. It's a super high quality piece. I'm running it with a GReddy Ti-C axleback.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:24 AM
well, my fits AT (which kind of sucks but w/e) so i dont want it making a lot of noise and sounding like the rest of the hondas with fart cans around here. i like to be different. ha

Old 10-23-2008, 11:38 AM
well, my fits AT (which kind of sucks but w/e) so i dont want it making a lot of noise and sounding like the rest of the hondas with fart cans around here. i like to be different. ha
The GReddy doesn't sound like a fart can to be honest. Its got a deep smooth tone vs. other canister styly exhausts I've seen/hear on other hondas.

But ya, the T1R is a nice system.. I didn't want a canister style exhaust, but I got such a great deal on it.. in the end I am 100% happy it is what I went with.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:53 AM
thanks for all of the info i really appreciate it. now i just need the money.

ill let you know personally when i get everything put on!

gd3 ftw!

Old 10-23-2008, 01:12 PM
besides the turbo kit what else would you recommend getting? B-pipe etc. Looking to pick one up next year, just wanted to calculate the cost for everything ahead of time Thanks.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by its.ryu
besides the turbo kit what else would you recommend getting? B-pipe etc. Looking to pick one up next year, just wanted to calculate the cost for everything ahead of time Thanks.
Calculate new type of Oil. Your normal on the shelf synthetics won't be good enough. Things to get, Turbo timer, gauges of what you like to use to monitor(everyone has their opinions on what is needed), Wideband gauge, Boost controller(only if you want more power than it already is), B-pipe, muffler, a shop for tuning. You can do without the boost controller because you may like the power it's already outputting. You can also do without the turbo timer if you got time to sit around and let your car sit for a minute or so. Many options for turbos, lots of them just make it easier.

Quick Reply: T1R Turbo Kit