Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Thread 2.0!

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by REXXXXXXXXX
Since the engine management cannot be tuned, does that restrict our options for other upgrades, such as that WR intake mani coming out? should we be worried about A/F? I would think a/f numbers would vary greatly from one setup to the next depending on what ppl already have on their cars...

Edit: One more question - Does the kit require the bypass valve it comes with, or can i switch it out for another one or a BOV? I don't think it makes a diference, does it?
1:Our kit has been tested with the stock intake manifold. We have not tested it with any after-market manifolds.

2: Our kit uses a standard Bosch-type bypass valve. This valve is perfect for everything the Fit will be doing. We use this same valve on our 360+WHP S2000 kit.

If you would like to change valves, continue to use a bypass/diverter type valve. These valves do two things: Bypass at cruise speed for increased fuel efficiency, and blow-off excess pressure in the tubes when you chop the throttle. Blow-offs simply blow-off.

-OJR

Old 02-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by gloryhound
will you guys offer supercard upgrades/updates if something unforseen pops up fuel mapping wise?

*cause a few hundred kw supercharged cars on the road vs your smaller number of test cars, some random road/weather/area problem might pop up.
Of course! If there are any unforeseen issues with mapping, we will re-map and take care of our existing KraftWerks customers. No worries.

-OJR

Old 02-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ToyotaLover
If the Supercard is connected directly to the injector harness, how does the Supercard read the fuel ratio from the ECU/O2/Intake temp? Does it also tap into one of these as well? I’m guessing it’s a plug and play to these harnesses as well.
As stated before, the SuperCard connects directly to the injector leads, and then plugs into the injectors. The SuperCard then stretches the injector pulse-width to what is required at the current boost level. No need to tie to the ECU. We are seeing what the ECU outputs to the injectors, and adding fuel accordingly.

How does the SuperCard see boost?
With an on-board pressure transducer.

So the SuperCard sees injector duty cycle output and manifold pressure. The SuperCard contains proprietary software that is able to determine proper management for all different types of conditions.

Hope this answers your question.

-OJR

Old 02-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by xorbe
Are either of these not "CARB legal"?

header change.
exhaust change.

Obviously, cat-delete won't pass smog.

Upgraded injectors may or may not pass visual inspection, right?
Cat-Back exhaust usually do not affect emissions, because the last emissions component is the catalytic converter.

Headers do require CARB-certification in CA, because they can affect the catalytic converter performance.

If you have a stock header and catalytic converter, with after-market exhaust, the standard Base kit will be fine. No need to upgrade the injectors.

-OJR

Old 02-29-2008, 06:19 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xorbe

Upgraded injectors may or may not pass visual inspection, right?
They most likely wont realize the injectors have been changed.

Old 03-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Illusive
Hey OJR, I'm not sure if anyone has asked this yet (too many posts to sift through, hope you don't mind), but what is the estimated shipping cost to Canada? I know you don't have an exact weight or dimension of the package, but from previous experience, how deadly is shipping going to be for us Canucks? Also, I'm hoping to install this myself, it looks like I could be able to do it myself, but can you confirm the ease of installation? Oh and 1 more thing, I saw that the estimated ship date is end of March, when is the deadline for the pre-order? Don't want to get caught without the deal if I decide to go this route.
We have not determined our shipping cost to Canada yet. We must first have the box weights and such to know our true shipping costs. My guess would be $80+ in shipping cost. Just a guess!

The kit is relatively easy to install. You need a good set of metric wrenches, metric sockets, metric allen wrenches, and a screwdriver set. Those are the only tools required for the Fit. We designed the kit around having a clean install, with no headache for the installer.

The pre-order deadline will be announced in the next week or so, but it is coming up quickly. If you are on our interest list and on FitFreak, you will be notified when the pre-order discount will end.

-OJR

Old 03-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by gmayronne
im also curious about the ease of installation. like how "easy" are we talking here??? like is it.....a handful of tools (the proper ones of course) and half-day of work easy??? im a noob when it comes to modding cars and what not.....could someone of very limited experience do this without causing a problem??? i imagine its mostly bolt-on correct???
No problem! Here is your answer:

Originally Posted by KraftWerks
The kit is relatively easy to install. You need a good set of metric wrenches, metric sockets, metric allen wrenches, and a screwdriver set. Those are the only tools required for the Fit. We designed the kit around having a clean install, with no headache for the installer.
It will take most people 6 hours, and around 8 hours taking your time. If you have reasonable mechanical abilities, you should be able to install the kit with no issues.

So install on Saturday, Race on Sunday, Drive to work on Monday.

-OJR

Old 03-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by KraftWerksUSA.com Fit MT information
With the addition of a Header and/or Test-Pipe to this kit, our Injector Upgrade Package is required.

-OJR

Old 03-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by trige
Just to clarify, this pre-order deadline doesn't apply to AT owners since pre-order for AT is not available yet, correct?
Does not apply to AT owners... Correct.

-OJR

Old 03-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Illusive
So when is the estimated ship date OJR?
The estimated ship date is still late March.

-OJR

Old 03-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ldweng
What is the upgrade injector size and the stock injector size?
Stock:
180cc injectors(Approx.)
Flow-tested by RC Engineering

Our Upgraded Injector Pack:
205cc injectors
Flow-tested by RC Engineering

-OJR

Old 03-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Former Vendor
The Upgraded Injector Pack is for the Base kits ONLY. We are not talking about higher boost levels.

Mr_ET:
You will get a Check Engine Light with an injector 20% larger than stock on a stock ECU. That's just how it is. You cannot run a 240cc or 310cc on a completely stock ECU, unless you use a type of piggyback that will change what the ECU sees. Remember, the ECU NEVER sees the SuperCard.
Also, you will not have crisp start-up with injectors above 20% on a completely stock ECU.
So no, you will not be able to maintain stock drivability with that large of injector.

Yes, you would be out of injector at 10PSI with a 205cc injector. That's why the High-Boost Kit uses MUCH larger injectors. We can do that on a stock ECU because the Hondata Reflash adjusts the stock ECU to accept boost and the larger injectors. This allows us to have crisp start-up and stock drivability, with the extra large injectors.

GAFIT:
The Fit has a returnless fuel system and the stock fuel pressure is used. We use stock fuel pressure all the way to 10 PSI.

So folks, that is why we chose the 205cc. It fits perfectly with the parameters we wanted... A simple bolt-on upgrade, that could work the stock ECU and support our Header/Testpipe customer.

-OJR

Old 03-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Former Vendor
KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Thread 2.0!

Welcome to the KraftWerks Consolidation Thread
Version 2.0!

KraftWerks kits include all the necessary hardware and software for proper operation. No additional parts are required! There is no cutting or welding required with any KraftWerks kit. All KraftWerks kits work with the stock engine and components, so no additional upgrades are required.

The KraftWerks kit includes:
• Rotrex C15-60 Supercharger at 5 PSI*
• Rotrex Self-Contained Oiling System with Oil Cooler
• KraftWerks Recirculating Bypass Valve
• KraftWerks Automatic Belt Tensioning System
• KraftWerks SuperCard Engine Management System
• KraftWerks Aluminum Intake and Discharge Piping
• KraftWerks Silicone Hoses
• KraftWerks Oiled Air Filter
• KraftWerks 5-Rib Belt
• KraftWerks Brackets and Hardware

The Base Fit Kit is CARB-Pending!
All KraftWerks kits come with a 2 year warranty on the supercharger and parts.
The KraftWerks Base Supercharger Kit will be available for both Automatic and Manual transmission Fits at US$3495.
With the addition of a Header and/or Test-Pipe to this kit, our Injector Upgrade Package is required.
The KraftWerks Fit Kit is available for the L15A VTEC engine only at this time.

Check out Kraftwerks Home for more info!!

Old 03-07-2008, 12:52 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Csdftmfw!!

Old 03-07-2008, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
subscribed and salivating somewhat patiently

Old 03-07-2008, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
hey oscar any chance you could hook me up with one of those kraftwerks banner decals that was on chris's fit in the syphon article.

probably going to enter into HIN at elmont, NY in June. want some free advertising?

Old 03-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by leonine
hey oscar any chance you could hook me up with one of those kraftwerks banner decals that was on chris's fit in the syphon article.

probably going to enter into HIN at elmont, NY in June. want some free advertising?
Decals and a license plate frame are included in each kit!

-OJR

Old 03-07-2008, 01:28 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member

-OJR
WOAh WOAH WOAH!

Old 03-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Yea! me and leo... 2 KW powered Fits(or more), side by side at HIN, the more decals the better

Old 03-07-2008, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member

-OJR
yeah but specifically one of the banners or just small ones?

Quick Reply: KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Thread 2.0!