Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Thread 2.0!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 08XR
When is the release date? I see a ton of data but no date? As I am anxious to get some more ponies out of Fit. But yet I also see the Doug Thorley s/c kit that is available now.
where did you find this info? please post a direct link. i saw no information on the KW site like someone else mentioned.

Old 03-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by leonine
where did you find this info? please post a direct link. i saw no information on the KW site like someone else mentioned.
What were you looking for?

Old 03-18-2008, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
Maybe time for a clean up and Version 3.0?

Old 03-18-2008, 05:18 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Maybe time for a clean up and Version 3.0?
ROFLMAO! I think it'll be fine in 2.0 status...maybe KW needs a Consolidated information thread that is locked from general posts

Old 03-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by 08XR
Well I guess my questioned was avoided, but again, is there a release date?
We will be announcing our firm release date very soon.

Unfortunately, some delays are unavoidable. We are making sure this kit is stone reliable for the Fit market. We have no development worries; the kit is perfect. We must make sure that these new kits has the ability to upgrade to High-Boost easily, and we are testing that process now. Once this final procedure is complete, we can release the Fit kit to the Fit community. That release will be followed instantly by Automatic, and then a High-Boost kit.

We are pretty thorough, and have been testing hard in the last year. There have been so many changes made. For example:

-The SuperCard electronics are built by us and tested to ensure that the chip tuning for the kit is correct. It is through our testing we discovered it is unsafe to add a header to the system without adding larger injectors than stock... even at 5 PSI. Revised mapping with better fuel delivery throughout the power band has been added to the new kit and we are able to further improve the kit with the new injector pack chip.

-We have changed the supercharger positioning in the engine compartment to optimize the belt life, belt clearance, and create an area to put an automatic belt tensioner.
If you hit a bad pothole with our old design, the axle will hit the supercharger and belt causing failures. That is not at all the case with our new kit.

-We tested intake pipe lengths to create a flatter, more consistent torque curve. We realized we needed to change things around to help the supercharger breathe better at low speeds AND high speeds. So you see the new intake piping. Also, we run away from the header as much as possible to avoid pipe heat soak now.

All these changes were done in the past year of development. As you can see, our new kit is much improved from last year and I am glad we held off the release to continue our development. I am sure the Fit community can understand the delays to ensure quality. We put our heart and souls into each kit, whether its a Fit or S2000.

So now after all of our hard work, the release is around the corner! I look forward to hearing the reviews by FitFreak, as I am sure you guys will not be disappointed.

-OJR

Old 03-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Retired Moderator
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!! It's so close I can SMELL it!

Old 03-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Illusive
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!! It's so close I can SMELL it!
Are you getting it Illusive?

Tyler

Old 03-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Retired Moderator
LOL dood, you gotta keep up with the Jones' on this one I've got my pre-order in already...for a few weeks now
My sig gives it away haha...shhhhh!

Old 03-18-2008, 06:41 PM
5 Year Member
Will there be a pre-order discount for the high boost kit? BTW, thanks for all the great info!

Old 03-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Exclamation

There has been reports of harassment. Please note that our Forum Rules are short and simple.

Forum Rules: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...rum-rules.html

Permanent IP bans will be put in place once we review system logs, posts and user IP addresses.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KraftWerks
We will be announcing our firm release date very soon.

Unfortunately, some delays are unavoidable. We are making sure this kit is stone reliable for the Fit market. We have no development worries; the kit is perfect. We must make sure that these new kits has the ability to upgrade to High-Boost easily, and we are testing that process now. Once this final procedure is complete, we can release the Fit kit to the Fit community. That release will be followed instantly by Automatic, and then a High-Boost kit.

We are pretty thorough, and have been testing hard in the last year. There have been so many changes made. For example:

-The SuperCard electronics are built by us and tested to ensure that the chip tuning for the kit is correct. It is through our testing we discovered it is unsafe to add a header to the system without adding larger injectors than stock... even at 5 PSI. Revised mapping with better fuel delivery throughout the power band has been added to the new kit and we are able to further improve the kit with the new injector pack chip.

-We have changed the supercharger positioning in the engine compartment to optimize the belt life, belt clearance, and create an area to put an automatic belt tensioner.
If you hit a bad pothole with our old design, the axle will hit the supercharger and belt causing failures. That is not at all the case with our new kit.

-We tested intake pipe lengths to create a flatter, more consistent torque curve. We realized we needed to change things around to help the supercharger breathe better at low speeds AND high speeds. So you see the new intake piping. Also, we run away from the header as much as possible to avoid pipe heat soak now.

All these changes were done in the past year of development. As you can see, our new kit is much improved from last year and I am glad we held off the release to continue our development. I am sure the Fit community can understand the delays to ensure quality. We put our heart and souls into each kit, whether its a Fit or S2000.

So now after all of our hard work, the release is around the corner! I look forward to hearing the reviews by FitFreak, as I am sure you guys will not be disappointed.

-OJR
I am sure i will not be disappointed either. i have been eagerly anticipating the release since day 1. i am sooo psyched that it is almost here. Thanks again Oscar for all your hard work and support.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member
Keep your catalytic converter, and save the world!
-OJR
good to hear since thats my plan!

Old 03-18-2008, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
btw,is there a ballpark price for the 10lb kit?

Old 03-19-2008, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
Oscar,

Any update on the injector kit? Will it be available by the time the supercharger kits are to ship? I really don't want to put the original header back on unless there will be a long wait. I still have the scar on my arm from the last time.

Last edited by ldweng; 03-19-2008 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Left out a line.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by ldweng
Oscar,

Any update on the injector kit? Will it be available by the time the supercharger kits are to ship? I really don't want to put the original header back on unless there will be a long wait.
I believe that the injector upgrade will be available for purchase when the kits are ready to ship. Still waiting on that price though!

Old 03-19-2008, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
The 144whp graph on our website is with a header, cat delete, and 50mm cat-back exhaust. I don't know how much of an increase you will see with 60mm, but it would not hurt your system.

The catalytic converter has some restriction, and you might see a small decrease. But I wouldn't fret over it. We only saw 2whp and 4wtq with a cat -delete on our 364whp S2000 kit. Keep your catalytic converter, and save the world!

-OJR
OJR or JDMChris,

I was trying to decide which mid-pipe to buy. You said that the 144 whp dyno was with a 50 mm mid-pipe (cat-back exhaust.) I found on the older thread that JDMChris had a Megan mid pipe. Was this dyno on another car, or did Megan used to make a 50 mm mid-pipe. The recent Megan info says 2.25"?

Old 03-19-2008, 06:43 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
its the same mid pipe

Old 03-19-2008, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
have i missed the posting of the price for the 5lb kit with injector upgrade? BTW is there any problem running this kit with the upgraded injectors on oem headers/exhaust until i get new headers?

another question, are upgraded injectors emission legal?

*btw all this bickering back and forth over sc kits soured me... but i can't help myself i really do want this

Old 03-19-2008, 08:06 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by gloryhound
have i missed the posting of the price for the 5lb kit with injector upgrade? BTW is there any problem running this kit with the upgraded injectors on oem headers/exhaust until i get new headers?

another question, are upgraded injectors emission legal?

*btw all this bickering back and forth over sc kits soured me... but i can't help myself i really do want this
No injector upgrade price yet, just the base kit with 10% discount if you pre-order. I can't see it having any problems with upgraded injectors with OEM headers. Better to let KW answer though.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
its the same mid pipe
So it's 57mm rather than 50mm.

Quick Reply: KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Thread 2.0!