Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Driving opinions with lighter crank pulley

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 01:23 PM
Driving opinions with lighter crank pulley

Hey all, I've read the heated debates the Mythology thread but, was wondering how the real time driving is. My thoughts on lighter rotational parts on the engine is faster revs, more horse power but, less rotational weight has draw back too. Like the ability to hold rpm going up hills or just coasting. I've read the T1R actually raised the weight of their pulley I'm wondering if it's due to loss of coasting torque.

Any one with experiences with hills and coasting with the lightened pulleys?

Old 05-14-2008, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
I wanted to get the T1R pulley, but everywhere says "available August" whatever that means or might have meant. They were supposed to be "on the way" 2-3 weeks ago.

Is there a lightened crank pulley in stock anywhere to order for the 1.5L Fit?

Old 05-14-2008, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xorbe
I wanted to get the T1R pulley, but everywhere says "available August" whatever that means or might have meant. They were supposed to be "on the way" 2-3 weeks ago.

Yup.... Unorthodox racing has them in stock. I've had both of em on my car for like 8 months now and i love it. The acceleration has drastically changed. So far, no engine problems and i've had it on for more then 10k miles. Plus the cost of both the crank and alternator pulley cost cheaper then the T1R pulley!

Welcome to Unorthodox Racing, Inc. <-- there's the link. I know in the list it doesn't have the fit as an option, but email them they have it. I think it's $150 for both of em. send em a message!

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...rthodox+racing

That's the link and thread i made for them a while ago.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
Right, it's not on their page. I found that thread you linked during my google-fest trying to find info. I also found gtspec.com but it's a little expensive. I'll shoot unorthodox an email, thanks.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:06 AM
Banned
Guys on overseas sites have been using them for years and no one has reported any problem they all love it. Try PMing Member KIMO he has had one for some time and he has not had any driveability problems

Old 05-15-2008, 02:46 AM
5 Year Member
ive got one from Mythelogy racing and it works good no problems for the passed year and a half

Old 05-15-2008, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
Aftermarket lighter crank pulleys still scare me. They lack harmonic dampening, especially if they are in a higher-revving engine or turbo engines. Unless you get a fluidampener of course. I am all for underdrive pulleys for power steering (we dont have), alternator, etc. though.

Old 05-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xorbe

I am starting to turn blue from holding my breath for so long waiting for this

Old 05-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
I am starting to turn blue from holding my breath for so long waiting for this
They told me June. A month ago they said it was on a slow boat. May be it was a dud again.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Fit Freak Member
I had a NST pulley on one of my older cars and it was awesome. I hear they have one coming for the Fit, so I will probably grab one.

Old 05-19-2008, 03:54 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by kirko
Aftermarket lighter crank pulleys still scare me. They lack harmonic dampening, especially if they are in a higher-revving engine or turbo engines. Unless you get a fluidampener of course. I am all for underdrive pulleys for power steering (we dont have), alternator, etc. though.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO BE SCARED OFF..... LOL for the 10 th time the Jazz/Fit pulley system is NOT A BALANCER OF ANY TYPE HARMONIC or otherwise. IT's JUST A PULLEY you could take it completely off and run the engine and nothing adverse would happen as the engine is internally balanced and the pulley (not balancer) is NOT INCLUDED IN THE BALANCE.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by claymore
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO BE SCARED OFF..... LOL for the 10 th time the Jazz/Fit pulley system is NOT A BALANCER OF ANY TYPE HARMONIC or otherwise. IT's JUST A PULLEY you could take it completely off and run the engine and nothing adverse would happen as the engine is internally balanced and the pulley (not balancer) is NOT INCLUDED IN THE BALANCE.
Is that the case for most cars? or particularly the fit/jazz? Where did you find that info cause i've considered getting some of these pulleys so i wanna do some more research.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:27 AM
Banned
The Jazz/Fit for sure and more and more other vehicles use PULLEYS only. Check the other pulley threads and some of the manufacturers listed in the threads for more information.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:50 AM
The Jazz/Fit for sure and more and more other vehicles use PULLEYS only. Check the other pulley threads and some of the manufacturers listed in the threads for more information.
Thanks for all the replies. I wish someone would make a fluid filled pulley like Kirko suggested then we would have best of two worlds fast acceleration and less engine braking for maintaining cruising speed (save gas). Thanks jimmy101 for the pms I think the UO is the way to go at the moment.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
Yes Claymore I have Summit and have it like over a year and my car has like 100K and no problems at all. My car is AT, will give even more in MT.

Guys on overseas sites have been using them for years and no one has reported any problem they all love it. Try PMing Member KIMO he has had one for some time and he has not had any driveability problems

Old 05-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by kimo
Yes Claymore I have Summit and have it like over a year and my car has like 100K and no problems at all. My car is AT, will give even more in MT.
Thanks kimo (that sounds Hawaiian), Unfortunately we can't get summit here but some said gt spec makes it here in the US but, it doesn't look the same. So, the UR sorry not UO seems the best choice. T1R still trying to produce one.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
Why not UR, if people are happy with it, and their work in well known.

quote=08FitSport;316155]Thanks kimo (that sounds Hawaiian), Unfortunately we can't get summit here but some said gt spec makes it here in the US but, it doesn't look the same. So, the UR sorry not UO seems the best choice. T1R still trying to produce one.[/quote]

Old 05-29-2008, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member
i stopped waiting for t1r and ordered unorthodox pair

update: got 'em today. 461g for the crank and 87g for the alt pulley.