Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KWSC Kit Release Ramblings

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 08:44 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by SickFit
Rexxxxxx please get the excitement to a minimum. LMAO
Okay.

How's that?

Old 05-13-2008, 08:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by REXXXXXXXXX
Okay.

How's that?
much better. lol.

I'm just fcuking with you dude, i'm hyped up too.

Put some input in the DV and BPV post that i just posted.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:56 AM
5 Year Member
I talked to oscar yesterday only to clear up my payment issue. Looks like mine's going out on WED after all! yay! What i CAN tell you is standard shiping will be about 100 bucks, possibly less. And yes, they are going to get them all out tomorrow. The only way one wouldn't ship is if there's credit card issues. Illusive, looks like you'll be forkin out sum major coin if you're really doing overnight. Hell, i dont blame you... good luck!
For the rest of you, expect a call very soon regarding shipping, injector upgrade(s?), and of course, T-SHIRTS!!!
thought i would add a few more. didn't look like you were hyper enough

this is a dream come true. gotta get the injector upgrade and i am also getting a spare belt and an extra liter of rotrex oil. you never know. better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. don't even want to know what overnight shipping is gonna run but whatever it is i'm forking it over.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by leonine
thought i would add a few more. didn't look like you were hyper enough

this is a dream come true. gotta get the injector upgrade and i am also getting a spare belt and an extra liter of rotrex oil. you never know. better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. don't even want to know what overnight shipping is gonna run but whatever it is i'm forking it over.
Im gonna ask what 2 or 3 day select cost just for the heck up it lol

Old 05-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Retired Moderator
I'm gonna opt for shipping that is guaranteed to arrive on Friday. Thursday doesn't work for me mainly because I'm at my job from 7:30 to 4:45, and the stupid bus ride takes up an hour each way, so won't be home till 6. I am taking the day off on Friday in lieu of the SC, so hopefully i can opt for a 2 day shipment GUARANTEED to arrive on Friday. It's gonna be a lot of coin just to ship, but I need it here on time. Good thing I got a raise yesterday hahahaha...w00t for retroactive raises!

Old 05-13-2008, 09:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive
I'm gonna opt for shipping that is guaranteed to arrive on Friday. Thursday doesn't work for me mainly because I'm at my job from 7:30 to 4:45, and the stupid bus ride takes up an hour each way, so won't be home till 6. I am taking the day off on Friday in lieu of the SC, so hopefully i can opt for a 2 day shipment GUARANTEED to arrive on Friday. It's gonna be a lot of coin just to ship, but I need it here on time. Good thing I got a raise yesterday hahahaha...w00t for retroactive raises!
Congrats dude.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SickFit
To answer for Oscar on the first part.
Oscar will give you a call tomorrow when your kit ships out to ask you if you want the injector package added on.

For the second part.
Headers should not have anything to do with the KW kit.
All you should need to know is, if you have headers, get injector upgrade.
Well first, I haven't preordered yet since I have an a/t Fit...
And the headers, apparently 4/1 or 4/2/1 have different low-end torque or peak-hp characteristics, and thought perhaps they had a preference to go with the KW kits...

What about the turkey call BOV? YouTube - Turkey Call Blow Off Valve

Last edited by xorbe; 05-13-2008 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:00 AM
5 Year Member
the only way they would have a preference is if they tested many possible combinations which i doubt. i think oscar already replied to this saying that the KW kit will work with most aftermarket headers. they can't speculate as to which header will work better when they probably have only tested with the megan one which is on their prototype car (jdmchris).

Old 05-13-2008, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xorbe
Well first, I haven't preordered yet since I have an a/t Fit...
And the headers, apparently 4/1 or 4/2/1 have different low-end torque or peak-hp characteristics, and thought perhaps they had a preference to go with the KW kits...

What about the turkey call BOV? YouTube - Turkey Call Blow Off Valve
Dude, I would so do the turkey call. I saw this vid a long a$$ time ago and I was telling myself that if I would have to get a BOV it would be that one lol. Its a great way to break neck... and attract female turkey lmao

Old 05-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Retired Moderator
Any chance we can get dimensions of the box that the SC will come in and the weight of the package? Just wanna get a ball park as to how much FedEx is going to ream me for

Old 05-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
time... is at.... a F&%#$NG stand-still!!!

Old 05-13-2008, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
hmmmm

just realized that the power potential is gonna be pretty nice with this hondata kit.

i know Kraftwerks has yet to disclose cc's, but look at the gains they made over the stock injectors! bigger injectors alone would be enough to make the fit more sprightly, and this coupled with a new ecu program and we could have a base fit making well over 150hp to the wheels!

Old 05-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
considering the base kit/injector upgrade dyno'd at what, 146.... hondata upgrade will get anyone with base kit/headers over 150...
Makes me wonder tho... If 200 is nearly impossible to get, that means there wont be HUGE gains with the 10# kit for those of us getting the hondata package. Lets say the MAX we can get is 180. Hondata kit = about 155-165. thats a 15-25 HP max gain from upgrading to 10#?

Last edited by REXXXXXXXXX; 05-13-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:18 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Now I am not at 5psi.... so just imagine.
I know i said i wouldnt tell, but i have to.
Ladies and gentlemen, im please to announce that Kraftwerks is now in the process of testing their brand new 55PSI supercharger kit! JDMChris is once again the guinnea pig, and is seting new world records by the moment. Yesterday he broke the dynamometer at Kraftwerks, so we'll have to wait to get final numbers, but we're looking at something in the 585-590HP range. His fit is so fast, in fact, that when i PMed him only 2 minutes ago, he was at my job in twelve seconds flat, and handed me a hand-written response to my question. He then called me 18 seconds later to let me know he got home alright. I live in NJ.
This kit will be available spring of 2032, but Pre-orders are being taken now.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:24 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
I know i said i wouldnt tell, but i have to.
Ladies and gentlemen, im please to announce that Kraftwerks is now in the process of testing their brand new 55PSI supercharger kit! JDMChris is once again the guinnea pig, and is seting new world records by the moment. Yesterday he broke the dynamometer at Kraftwerks, so we'll have to wait to get final numbers, but we're looking at something in the 585-590HP range. His fit is so fast, in fact, that when i PMed him only 2 minutes ago, he was at my job in twelve seconds flat, and handed me a hand-written response to my question. He then called me 18 seconds later to let me know he got home alright. I live in NJ.
This kit will be available spring of 2032, but Pre-orders are being taken now.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Retired Moderator
Regardless...I want my Base Kit + Injector Upgrade ASAP!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH

Old 05-13-2008, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
LMAO I feel bad for Illlusive, cuz he's still hoping on his $hit to get there on Friday. I hope you do bro. This Hondata Reflash will be holding my kit from being installed for another month.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
considering the base kit/injector upgrade dyno'd at what, 146.... hondata upgrade will get anyone with base kit/headers over 150...
Makes me wonder tho... If 200 is nearly impossible to get, that means there wont be HUGE gains with the 10# kit for those of us getting the hondata package. Lets say the MAX we can get is 180. Hondata kit = about 155-165. thats a 15-25 HP max gain from upgrading to 10#?

Exactly what i was thinking. This is what made me wonder about how much power the hondata will do for us...i seriously don't thinkt the 10lb kit will add so little hp, its double the boost, but then again, its already been said that 200whp is pushing it, but at the same time, there is no way that this hondata upgrade wont add only 4-5 hp!

Maybe 200whp is going to be attainable after all!

my guess is that manual base kits with h/e and the hondata upgrade will be making around 160-168 to the wheels, and if hondata reaches the auto guys, they'll be making around 145-150(hopefully.)

Old 05-13-2008, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
I bet you do man!

you think you'll pony up the dough for the hondata version later on? (depending on the gains? the rev limiter increase is what has me excited. that an a new vtec engagement point, something i think we could REALLY use.)

Last edited by OJRKraftWerks; 05-13-2008 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Fix Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eldaino
my guess is that manual base kits with h/e and the hondata upgrade will be making around 160-168 to the wheels, and if hondata reaches the auto guys, they'll be making around 145-150(hopefully.)
Um, 168whp would be an 87% increase over stock manual 90whp after warmed up? 5# is ~34% more air. Their crazy time attack fit was 180whp iirc, with built engine. ooh, new page ftw

Last edited by xorbe; 05-13-2008 at 03:54 PM.

Quick Reply: KWSC Kit Release Ramblings