Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KWSC Kit Release Ramblings

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 12:56 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jsensk
Fair enough. I am just feeling a little frustrated because I thought this kit was all buttoned up and bad ass-- like in the box and ready to rock-- based on the general notion that every little thing had been tested and re-tested and this was the ultimate bolt-on, good-to-go rig. All that sounded a little too good to be true, and that point was even brought up, and every time there were these one-line answers that always said-- "nope, everything is perfect and you'll be loving this thing with no issues".

So now it's many months later, and I have a deposit down and honestly am not sure exactly what I am getting. I know I am lame with my AT over here, and I should have waited for more dynos and early-adopter reviews-- I take accountability for that entirely-- but over $3000.00 for anything less than the (near) 50% proposed/hp power increase touted early on would be a bit of a disappointment to me. These glaring differences between the AT kit and the MT were not made clear at all initially, and some 119 or less hp just doesn't get it done for me. Not for that money. I thought with injectors/exhaust mods and base kit I was pretty much guaranteed 130+.

All that said, rest assured that Kraftwerks and the Jackson's are absolute wizards and at the very top of their game and I trust them implicitly to put the best product out there with the knowledge they have at the time. Chances are all this early confusion will be worked out, the kit will be everything to everyone as promised, and we'll all be boosted into the sunset.

I will then look like the usual forum idiot who ranted about things he knew little about (but ended up happy at the end of the day anyway).

I also feel stupid for calling out JDMChris, who is a total FitFreak legend and could school my ass on any of these topics anyday. Sorry about that bro. I've just had many weeks of stress about this silly kit, some of the details of which Oscar Jr. knows about now all too well. I should get a life already.
No worries man. We all have our days.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xorbe
Nonono, you thought I was guessing about what KW was working on, but I was asking which style injectors the Fit uses. They have two variants of the the injectors. Look at categories on the top left here: RC Fuel Injection or RC INJECTOR there.

Yeah, maybe a tad much on the hype attempts sometimes...
the fit uses saturated injectors not peak/hold. the stock injectors are 185cc +/- 1cc EXACTLY.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by leonine
the fit uses saturated injectors not peak/hold. the stock injectors are 185cc +/- 1cc EXACTLY.
Wow, thanks for having the stock ones flow tested, good info. Yeah, I found some info that says most cars are of the saturated type these days.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by YeeFit
I would say FMIC. Don't hope for a boost controller.. superchargers can't use a boost controller since they are pulley driven.
But how about a boost controller that switches from between 5 and 10 PSI?

Old 06-20-2008, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by Wytt
But how about a boost controller that switches from between 5 and 10 PSI?
What?? You must be kiddin me lol..

Boost on the KWSC is controlled physically.. so if you want 10 psi, you need to physically change the pulley on the rotrex unit along with the belt. There's no way unless you have tiny robots that will tag team and switch the pulleys for you on a push of a button to change the boost levels with a boost controller...

Old 06-20-2008, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by YeeFit
What?? You must be kiddin me lol..

Boost on the KWSC is controlled physically.. so if you want 10 psi, you need to physically change the pulley on the rotrex unit along with the belt. There's no way unless you have tiny robots that will tag team and switch the pulleys for you on a push of a button to change the boost levels with a boost controller...
I meant more for 10psi going down to 5psi for more typical daily driving, and using the full 10psi when your on the track or something. That way you don't have to always loosen the alternator, remove the belt, remove the Rotrex, swap the pulley, put it all back together, and repeat the next track day. Just a thought... I know I'm silly for thinking who would want to downgrade what they got. If they make tiny robots that will do that for me, I'll take it.

Last edited by Wytt; 06-20-2008 at 01:09 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wytt
I meant more for 10psi going down to 5psi for more typical daily driving, and using the full 10psi when your on the track or something. That way you don't have to always loosen the alternator, remove the belt, remove the Rotrex, swap the pulley, put it all back together, and repeat the next track day. Just a thought... I know I'm silly for thinking who would want to downgrade what they got. If they make tiny robots that will do that for me, I'll take it.
I know your gonna think im joking, but the answer's easy. Drive slower and dont step on it. You can have a 10psi pulley and always have the car do about 5psi. Its all about your foot on that gas pedal. You give half throttle and you'd be doing about 2-3psi, you give it a little more push on the pedal and your doing about 5-8. Full throttle and you may be at 10psi and even peak at 11psi. You'd understand once you see how it functions on a boost gauge. Pretty cool stuff.

Last edited by SickFit; 06-20-2008 at 07:41 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:11 AM
Retired Moderator
Yes isn't the boost linear on a SC? The more RPM's you are running, the more boost you will see as the belt is moving faster which means your pulley on the SC is rotating faster so you get more boost. On the base kit, in regular driving, I think you only hit about 1-2# of boost (guessing here). You will only hit 5# in the upper RPM range say from 4500 or 5000 to redline.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive
Yes isn't the boost linear on a SC? The more RPM's you are running, the more boost you will see as the belt is moving faster which means your pulley on the SC is rotating faster so you get more boost. On the base kit, in regular driving, I think you only hit about 1-2# of boost (guessing here). You will only hit 5# in the upper RPM range say from 4500 or 5000 to redline.
Yes sir

Old 06-30-2008, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
just ordered heat wrap for the header, test pipe, and all of the sc piping. don't really care hpw it looks just want to keep the temps down as low as possible. in the morning when i first start it air temp is around 75-80 and that is when i have the best performance. the air gets as hot as 140 and i can see a difference. hopefully it will help.

also i just ordered a greddy rs bov and i am going to experiment to see any difference. hopefully i can install it this weekend. i ordered the bypass valve atachment too.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member
I plan on only wrapping the SC piping.

Yeah, I read the car puts down ~4 more HP stock when cold too...

Mod #1, move to Canada?

Old 07-04-2008, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
changed my oil today along with removing the tb and cleaned it. I've been using mobil 1 extended performance 5w-20 along with mugen oil filters and mt-105 oil treatment . also took off all the piping and wrapped it. should be able to install tomorrow hopefully if the weather holds up and then i'll adjust the BOV.

a few pics. after i get everything on and adjusted i'll try to take a few vids.

Last edited by leonine; 07-04-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
changed my oil today along with removing the tb and cleaned it. I've been using mobil 1 extended performance 5w-20 along with mugen oil filters and mt-105 oil treatment . also took off all the piping and wrapped it. should be able to install tomorrow hopefully if the weather holds up and then i'll adjust the BOV.

a few pics. after i get everything on and adjusted i'll try to take a few vids.

Nice pics! Cant wait for the vids. I see you did some customization for the BOV. Think you'll run into any issues with the BOV. Please do get vids with your hood open and some sounds of the BOV. Great job.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SickFit
Nice pics! Cant wait for the vids. I see you did some customization for the BOV. Think you'll run into any issues with the BOV. Please do get vids with your hood open and some sounds of the BOV. Great job.
thank you. i ordered the greddy rs universal bov. i picked that one because it is adjustable so i have some control over how soft or hard the spring rate is. with some adjustment i should be able to get it just right hopefully. never owned a car with a bov before so this is a first. i was able to find (with lots of searching) an adapter pipe of the same diameter with a flange welded on to it. plus the flange end piece that bolts to the bov swivels 360 degrees so i was able to get it sitting at just the right angle in the engine bay.

Old 07-05-2008, 01:19 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Hey Brian! I see u got a BOV!! Pretty sweet man, you gotta gimme a call as soon as u get that baby on, let me know how it works! If it runs well, i might pick up an SSQV for myself. Im an attention whore.... lol jk. Hit me up

Old 07-05-2008, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
thank you. i ordered the greddy rs universal bov. i picked that one because it is adjustable so i have some control over how soft or hard the spring rate is. with some adjustment i should be able to get it just right hopefully. never owned a car with a bov before so this is a first. i was able to find (with lots of searching) an adapter pipe of the same diameter with a flange welded on to it. plus the flange end piece that bolts to the bov swivels 360 degrees so i was able to get it sitting at just the right angle in the engine bay.
See if you can get vids up early today, if possible. That would be awesome.

Old 07-05-2008, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
i'm uploading one now of the bov. i will have to upload another driving once i find a safe place. check the SC videos thread soon. just waiting for youtube to finish.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
My a/t kit pre-order is in the For Sale forum for a discount if anyone is interested.