Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Question about throttle-by-wire worldwide.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Question about throttle-by-wire worldwide.

I'm looking for some info from Fit/Jazz owners throughout the world. The Fit 5MT will be sold in NA with an electronic throttle to make cruise control easier. Does this throttle set up exist anywhere else in the world, including the 06 Fit in Japan? Just wondering about the compatibility of aftermarket parts like F-Con S from the HKS Kyusyu turbo kit. I'm fairly sure it isn't compatible with an electronic throttle. Perhaps similar problem with upcoming Mugen supercharger. Thank you!

Old 01-11-2006, 10:54 PM
I think there is good future for electronic throttle. Could you imagine an engine swap with the KA out of a TSX or New Civic SI? They both are using electronic throttle. I believe the RSX is now using electronic throttle as well. - Buy I need to double check.

- Does anyone know if any of the MY06+ Honda motors are using electronic throttle outside of the U.S.

BTW - Reflashing the ECU would allow one to adjust ecu settings and still have drive by wire throttle wokring. Additionally, Z33 owners (who also have electronic throttle) are using the Greddy E-Manage to adjust ecu settings such as injector size and lag.

Old 01-12-2006, 04:33 AM
Yeah, electronic throttle is not so bad in some ways....although I have read that you can't make the Z's open all the way without a reprogram or standalone.
I'm sure the e-throttle on the Fit will be well tuned eventually, but that leaves many of the existing mechanical throttle tuning solutions incompatible.

Old 01-12-2006, 06:25 AM
5 Year Member
My friend has Jazz 2003 that has electronic TB and he hates it, as he can't open the TB all the way, but I guess it's better in FC.

Originally Posted by CanadaFit
I'm looking for some info from Fit/Jazz owners throughout the world. The Fit 5MT will be sold in NA with an electronic throttle to make cruise control easier. Does this throttle set up exist anywhere else in the world, including the 06 Fit in Japan? Just wondering about the compatibility of aftermarket parts like F-Con S from the HKS Kyusyu turbo kit. I'm fairly sure it isn't compatible with an electronic throttle. Perhaps similar problem with upcoming Mugen supercharger. Thank you!