2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Apexi SMART Accel Controller

Old 06-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Apexi SMART Accel Controller

Anybody have experience with the Apexi SMART Accel Controller? Considering one and looking for reviews and install experiences.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Glad I saw this post, this looks promising to get that direct throttle cable feel since it seems there are no real ECU developments (that I know of thus far) for the GE8.

I'm an older model car guy and don't like this new tech, wish the damn car had a throttle linked cable.

To be honest though I don't see how adjusting the pedal potentiometer signal can realistically achieve what this product tries to do. The potentiometer would give a real time signal to the ECU, it would then be up to the ECU to interperate the signal and operate the throttle body accordingly.

I'm just guessing btw, but I assume that's the basics of exactly how the stock Honda and any modern electronic throttle system works.

Carthik

Last edited by Carthik; 10-17-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Carthik
Glad I saw this post, this looks promising to get that direct throttle cable feel since it seems there are no real ECU developments (that I know of thus far) for the GE8.

I'm an older model car guy and don't like this new tech, wish the damn car had a throttle linked cable.

To be honest though I don't see how adjusting the pedal potentiometer signal can realistically achieve what this product tries to do. The potentiometer would give a real time signal to the ECU, it would then be up to the ECU to interperate the signal and operate the throttle body accordingly.

I'm just guessing btw, but I assume that's the basics of exactly how the stock Honda and any modern electronic throttle system works.

Carthik
much like the old school AFC, it lies to the ecu. it tells the ecu that the throttle is more open, and opening faster than it actually is