Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Kustomz Unlimited Intake Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
dats is nice!!
do u have stock clutch?

Old 04-08-2009, 09:10 PM
I like this intake manafold due to the Custom factor and of course.... power gains... the lettering is not my cup of tea... but hey if u pay the money and u are happy, it is all that matters.
On a side note to the "but dyno" if you know anyone with a i=phone there is a free application, so your apple can function as a g-force meter.
also there is one u can pay 4... 10 bucks or sompthing.. (I am 2lazy to search for link)
I have heard nothing but good things about the app from my drift friend.. he highly reccomends it.... and i trust his judgment in such matters.
he said he needs to mount it to the car somewhere so his body movment would not taint his readings.

clutch slippage.... how long have you had your turbo kit installed?
how often do you launch and "bang" through the gears?
do u rev match on downshifts moste of the time or slip the clutch?
what clutch are you planning to install? new flywheele also?

you could pm me your answers, I dont want to hijack your thread.

thanks for your time and sharing pics of your sweet mod
Cam

only a couple months till i mass all the parts i need for sickly sweet boost...

Old 04-08-2009, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
First off, it is not cheaper than Weapon R because that one is more likely China made(don't hold me to it) and is cheaper period. Custom work costs more.

My clutch is still stock. I've had the turbo since 18k miles and now at near 45k miles. Still the same stock clutch so expect slippage. I bang through the gears everyday. I have an Exedy stage 2 clutch waiting for me to pick it up(will do so next week) and get that installed. My clutch slips sometimes when I just floor it. It's no given factors to when it will hold, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt. No I do not own an Iphone and refuse to buy it because i hate touchscreen phones.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Does it have velocity stacks in it?

Marko!!

Old 04-09-2009, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DOHCtor
Does it have velocity stacks in it?

Marko!!
The runner holes are rounded on the inside, so it acts like a velocity stack. It's not a huge stack but it will shove more air into the runners.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
Pretty cool to see people giving their own spin on the Half mani. I just sold mine. Working on a less "blingy" Project.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:35 PM
I refuse to buy a cellphone period.... im not making the equlivant to a motorcyle payment for sompthing I can do without.
just a thought if one of your friends is addicted to the cell phone craze, you could give it a try.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
Haven't updated this thread. I got a new intake manifold made. It's out of raw Stainless Steel.

backside

The other manifold is up for sale $400.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:59 AM
5 Year Member
:O

what a beauty. really set off your engine bay

Old 02-23-2010, 11:22 AM
5 Year Member
that looks really good! can i use that for JDM Fit? did u gain any power from it?

Old 02-23-2010, 11:32 AM
5 Year Member
This new set-up will not fit unless the design is changed. I rerouted the intercooler to have it at a better angle. I do not dyno for power gains being it would come out of my pocket.

The first design fits all GD models.

Last edited by BlueCell; 02-23-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:26 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
my fav turbo l15!

Old 02-23-2010, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
Wow, it looks awesome. I wish more companies would make I/Ms for the Fit. Weapon-R's had issues from day 1, now they seem to crack at the welds easily.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
yeah definitely. i would think that at least skunk2 would make one for the L15

Old 02-23-2010, 04:19 PM
You may have answeed this in an earlier post, and if so, I apologize. Is the lower intake still the stock piece, polished? Did you port match it to the head/upper mani? If that is the stocker how much material had to be removed before you got to a clean enough surface to support that level of reflectivity? Reason for all the questions is that I polished my lower mani to a satin finish and stopped there when i realized there were air pockets in the casting that would need MASSIVE amounts of hand work to dress down evenly. For a pic, just look at my avatar. Yours looks absolutely fabulous BTW, me likey! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who though polishing the OE mani was a good idea.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
I like the new one alot

Old 02-23-2010, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
Screw the dyno numbers!!! Is it making a difference you can feel or do you think some tuning will be needed?.... It is gorgeous.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tofuman
Wow, it looks awesome. I wish more companies would make I/Ms for the Fit. Weapon-R's had issues from day 1, now they seem to crack at the welds easily.
That's what I thought! But I'm glad I can get my hands on a custom fabricator to do all my biddings. Welds cracking was also another reason that I wanted stainless steel. It will never ever break. Although it costs a little more. Anyone can get their own, draw up your own idea and send it this way(serious people only).

Originally Posted by grtpumpkin
You may have answeed this in an earlier post, and if so, I apologize. Is the lower intake still the stock piece, polished? Did you port match it to the head/upper mani? If that is the stocker how much material had to be removed before you got to a clean enough surface to support that level of reflectivity? Reason for all the questions is that I polished my lower mani to a satin finish and stopped there when i realized there were air pockets in the casting that would need MASSIVE amounts of hand work to dress down evenly. For a pic, just look at my avatar. Yours looks absolutely fabulous BTW, me likey! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who though polishing the OE mani was a good idea.
It was polished then nickel plated. All the shiny items in my bay are nickel. Even the cusco strut bar and the valve cover. I only plated them because I absolutely hate polishing over and over. With this, I just wipe it clean and its far more shiny.
The size of the intake mani runners is the same size as the lower runners. Prepping the lower runners was taking a grinder first and then fine polishing afterwards.

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Screw the dyno numbers!!! Is it making a difference you can feel or do you think some tuning will be needed?.... It is gorgeous.
I will be trying to get a tune as soon as this weather clears up a bit. I increased the size of the intercooler piping after the intercooler so there's a lot more air just floating around. I beat a TSX with 205whp, if that matters.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueCell
I will be trying to get a tune as soon as this weather clears up a bit. I increased the size of the intercooler piping after the intercooler so there's a lot more air just floating around. I beat a TSX with 205whp, if that matters.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
Finally, found a clear shot of my engine....I knew I had one somewhere

Quick Reply: Kustomz Unlimited Intake Manifold