Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Kustomz Unlimited Intake Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 12:55 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
too damn clean.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Really amazing!!!! Two thumbs up!!

Marko!!

Old 02-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Nickle plating FTW! No wonder it is so shiny. I was wondering how you got such a rough casting to such a fine level of finish. If you don't mind my asking, how much did you end up paying to have the lower mani plated? What did you use for the initial finish removal, a flap wheel? The part that gave me hell was the damned part lines down the sides of each runner, they were a BITCH to get smoothed off!

Old 02-25-2010, 12:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by grtpumpkin
Nickle plating FTW! No wonder it is so shiny. I was wondering how you got such a rough casting to such a fine level of finish. If you don't mind my asking, how much did you end up paying to have the lower mani plated? What did you use for the initial finish removal, a flap wheel? The part that gave me hell was the damned part lines down the sides of each runner, they were a BITCH to get smoothed off!
Took an air grinder and used a lot of sand paper to get through the roughest spots. I didnt get the backside grinded because you cant see it. So most of the grinding was done at the shop. Then I took it to the coating place and they fine polished the rest of it. It costs about $650 for them to polish and coat for all the I/C pipes, the strut bar, valve cover, lower mani, and catch can bracket.

If they are a "BITCH" to get smoothed off, let someone else do it for u lol.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:53 PM
I would if I could believe me, but the chancellor of the exchequer demands that my mad money only stretch so far. Strictly as a DIY project, I could probably do it, but the backside isn't visable like you said.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:49 AM
Tiu
So this is a 2 pieces intake manifold? Is it possible to fabricate and change the angle to fit the normal positioning of the throttle body to fit NA setup?

Originally Posted by BlueCell
Finally, found a clear shot of my engine....I knew I had one somewhere

Old 03-01-2010, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tiu
So this is a 2 pieces intake manifold? Is it possible to fabricate and change the angle to fit the normal positioning of the throttle body to fit NA setup?
Define 2 piece. This one has about 11 pieces. For this design to fit the normal set-up, the angle would need to be changed, the runners may be longer, the vacuum tube needs to be back in the center and a maf sensor hole needs to be on it. It can be made for an NA setup, I still have my old one to figure out where everything needs to line up.