Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

8-9psi and still reliable?

Old 11-16-2010, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by NIGHTHAWKSI
OP, my turbo (gt25r) peaks at 9psi then drops to 8psi through redline. daily drive it without a problem. tuned with AEM FIC

just wanted to throw out there, as of 4 months ago, i got an email from hondata saying that they had no plans or timeline of creating flashpro or a comperable system for the fit.
my car has 7.5* of timing pulled at peak boost. no knocking. clean plugs. good compression. i dont want to be one of the peopel that finds out teh limits of the engine, but its taking a solid 8psi like a champ.
Great stuff! You could run a wider margin for error if you made the car a meth junky, or if the itch to adjust the boost comes about you could even run/support more boost with the right nozzle.

Pre compressor injection on its own or in combination with a nozzle in the upper intercooler pipe would also yield a safer tune...

Thats a shame about Hondata, it is always nice to see competition for our market.

What is your target AFR / peak timing in AEM?

Does the AEM give you mass flow (grams/rev)?

Old 11-16-2010, 08:18 AM
5 Year Member
my goal with the car was to simply get back some of the HP i lost when i traded in my 06 SI. based on my power/weith ratio, id say im pretty close. so ill probly stay away from meth.

yea, i was disappointed when they emailed me, but they didnt say they werent goign to, just no plans yet.

im at 11.9 afr full boost.. not sure what my peak timing is; i havent done a datalog since i last had my car tuned.

and i have no idea what mass flow is. lol.