Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

AFC question. Help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 08:28 PM
AFC question. Help.

Hey fellas, just need some information on a AFC or also known as a piggyback ECU system.

I'm very new to this topic, so any kind of information would be helpful.

My engine is a non v-tec Idsi 1.3l, at the moment it's on a J's racing 4-1 Header, Spoon mid-pipe and n1 muffler tip. I just had these installed on the car yesterday, and already i feel a much better response and acceleration, but i was just wondering wether a piggyback ECU and tuning will maximize the gains i have for these parts.

Ps: please use non-abbreviated terms (noob terms) in order for me to understand, because im completely clueless about the AFC system.

Also since it's a non v-tec (vafc) what does Safc stand for?

any help is much appreciated thankyou!

Old 12-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Loevess
Hey fellas, just need some information on a AFC or also known as a piggyback ECU system.

I'm very new to this topic, so any kind of information would be helpful.

My engine is a non v-tec Idsi 1.3l, at the moment it's on a J's racing 4-1 Header, Spoon mid-pipe and n1 muffler tip. I just had these installed on the car yesterday, and already i feel a much better response and acceleration, but i was just wondering wether a piggyback ECU and tuning will maximize the gains i have for these parts.

Ps: please use non-abbreviated terms (noob terms) in order for me to understand, because im completely clueless about the AFC system.

Also since it's a non v-tec (vafc) what does Safc stand for?

any help is much appreciated thankyou!
Now I started to type out a short essay here, but if you cannot be bothered to even make a stab at spelling and punctuation, let alone take the 15 seconds required to google S-AFC...

You have pretty much guaranteed you aren't going to do the research or buy the texts you need in order to do this without making your car an undriveable piece of garbage or causing severe damage.

You didn't even use the search feature on this forum.

BTW all you've done in bolting up a big free flowing exhaust with a short runner manifold on your small displacement naturally-aspirated and high-winding engine is kill what little bottom end and mid range torque you had to begin with.

Edit: This is also in the wrong section...

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 12-15-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Haha wow, you're nice bro

I did search on google what s-afc is, but just thought that you experts would be able to tell me it in more detail, cost of it, installation wise, and all the gory details. But since you made it clear that you gave me information that is totally useless to me i will just ignore what you have just said. I said all help is appreciated, so thankyou mate

Gbu

Old 12-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Haha wow, you're nice bro

I did search on google what s-afc is, but just thought that you experts would be able to tell me it in more detail, cost of it, installation wise, and all the gory details. But since you made it clear that you gave me information that is totally useless to me i will just ignore what you have just said. I said all help is appreciated, so thankyou mate

Gbu
If that was remotely true, you would know what S-AFC stands for, who makes them, at what cost and installation procedure.. Bro

The information I gave you should have sent you off to go search instead of trying to make some sort of failed come back. It was put bluntly, but nothing I posted was factually incorrect.

Cheers, mate.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 12-15-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Old 12-16-2010, 05:52 PM
Ahaha failed comeback? who said my intention was making a comeback? i just wanted to grasp knowledge of the other members of this forum mate... I don't know if you even know me but if this is how you treat all members in this forum then i think you might have a serious problem. Eventhough you might be intellectual and knowledgable at this topic, don't need to flame a noob for trying to find out

All in all, thanks for the information you gave. Appreciate it.

Gbu

Old 12-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Ahaha failed comeback? who said my intention was making a comeback? i just wanted to grasp knowledge of the other members of this forum mate... I don't know if you even know me but if this is how you treat all members in this forum then i think you might have a serious problem. Eventhough you might be intellectual and knowledgable at this topic, don't need to flame a noob for trying to find out

All in all, thanks for the information you gave. Appreciate it.

Gbu

You could click on my profile, read what I have actually posted to others and you would see I have no problem with noobs, everyone has to start somewhere.

Lazy beggars though, are another story.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Allright mate, just leave it at that shall we? I'm not lookin for trouble, i just wanted more information. Does seems like you just verbally attacked me though, maybe you should read twice before you post, anyway cheers.