Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

dissatvange if so in this setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
dissatvange if so in this setup

i recently installed the megan header along with the downpipe and full catback, and im running with the ssr intake, any negative effects, do i need a more "pro"intake now? thanks guy,m sorry for not having pics of my baby so far...

Old 03-12-2011, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Draako
i recently installed the megan header along with the downpipe and full catback, and im running with the ssr intake, any negative effects, do i need a more "pro"intake now? thanks guy,m sorry for not having pics of my baby so far...
I have the same setup back to the tip of the B pipe
which I cut off because of the restriction of the small outlet on end of the pipe... I have 10 PSI of boost and reflashed ECU and a different custom fabricated axle back setup and it seems to flow really well... Since your car isn't boosted I would leave the B pipe as it is to keep some low RPM power... How does it feel to you? I would guess that you may have lost a little torque off of the line and have to rev a little higher when taking off but have more power at higher revs... I'll bet your check engine light is on or will also unless you have a fix for it... I really don't know if you will have problems but the ECU should be able to handle it.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
well it got installed on my fathers shop so they put all together with no CE light , as you said have to rev more to feel the "pull" ( not as a real pull like yours) but overall it is more responsive, i was asking about the intake because the ssr us a 3'' and all the piping from the header to t back is 2.25

Old 03-13-2011, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member
I think you may again suffer a loss of low end power but pick up some on the top... The bad thing about that is that the rev limiter doesn't allow you to really benefit from shifting the power band higher because the range of power isn't as wide. The drop off in revs when up shifting requires you to rev higher and shift gears a lot more to stay on the power band which isn't a bad trade off if there is actually a decent gain in power... I think the Megan B pipe having the smaller outlet where it meets the axle back pipe might not hurt your power band range as much as other pipes so using a larger diameter pipe may not hurt your bottom end as much as it would with a pipe not necked down... Instead of getting a different intake pipe I would get an electronic throttle controller and spark plugs that are one step colder... This would help out the bottom end with faster throttle response and more ignition advance, otherwise you will go crazy having to slip your clutch and constantly shifting gears while trying to drive in heavy stop and go traffic.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
Well I thank u

Old 03-16-2011, 03:53 AM
5 Year Member
i forgot to include that my gd is A/T anyways, can you point me to good colder sparkplugs?

thanks in advance, i trid the search but didnt get something clear