Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

CAI, Header, Cat-Back Exhaust...What next?

Old 02-07-2012, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
CAI, Header, Cat-Back Exhaust...What next?

Just wondering if anyone had any opinions as to what to do after the three most common modifications are done? I just recently installed my skunk2 exhaust and now I am wondering where to go from here.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator
what are your goals for the car?

Old 02-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Do whatever you want.

More tint, more LEDs, different headlight bulbs, different sparkplugs, clutch, flywheel, rims, tires, spoiler, body kit, new grill, window visors, JDM hazard button, new alarm system, head unit, subwoofer, speakers, different exhaust, coilovers, springs, trailer, bike rack, key the car, then repaint it, crack the windshield, repair that, neon windshield wipers, turbo, supercharger, drop a new motor, turn it into a convertible, etc.

The possibilities are endless. But if you want to just follow someone else's modifications, find a build thread and copy that, in whatever order you please. Copy MNfit's, his works out quite well if you don't want to trailblaze on your own.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator
lol, I dont think he is looking to put that kind of money into his car.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry for the late response, basically I am looking to keep it a daily driver, but I thought maybe others are thinking the same thing. So i was looking for just some general opinions.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:58 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Oh I see.

Well if I had to pick one thing for you, I'd say do some suspension work. Suspension should be first for the Fit in my opinion.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:36 PM
I agree with doctordoom! Shoes and suspention mods!

But if you meant engine mods, i would say resonated test-pipe (Megan Racing) to match the exhaust, Denso IK20 plugs, an aluminium Crank Pulley and a light weight flywheel! If you don't care about fuel economy, a lower Final drive would be cool too!

Marko!

Old 06-12-2012, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
I would go with a lighter flywheel and pulley.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:52 PM
i am afraid of the pulley. mainly because i don't understand how it will affect the harmonics of the engine...

a lighter flywheel will be good if you're mainly driving on level surface... not good if you're in mountain roads. it saps torque...

for me, after those things, i will be looking at piggybacks... something that allows you to tune the fuel and timing according to your current bolt-ons...

Last edited by kodok3ribu; 06-12-2012 at 11:54 PM. Reason: typos
Old 08-01-2012, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
I am actually on the same track as you, OP.

After I put together the basic upgrades (intake, header, exhaust), I am going to focus more on suspension since I'd like my car to handle better than go faster. So far all I have is an intake, short shifter, front strut bar, rear sway bar, and lowering springs. I am already having fun with my car compared to when it was still stock, and going to focus on getting more chassis stiffening products by summer next year.

Don't be scared of the lightweight pulley as it won't really mess up anything in your engine, I'm pretty sure our fellow members on here that have it can give you feedback on it. The only difference it has from the stock pulley is the weight, size and key location for the crank is the same even the timing lines are on there.

I do have mixed feelings about the lightened flywheel and the piggyback. Most aftermarket flywheels for our cars are too light, imagine that for a daily driver. IIRC, I've read on a couple threads that our stock flywheel weighs somewhere around 15-17lbs. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong), and most aftermarket ones are around 8-9lbs.

As for piggybacks, I've only seen Apexi Neo, Greddy E-manage, and Dastek Unichip Q+ for our cars. Dastek has good reviews with our fellow members in Asia specifically in Indonesia. If you do a search, someone has his dyno chart on his GD. As for me, I'm probably going to get the Apexi Neo just because they sell an adapter harness for our car so I can avoid splicing and messing up my wiring.

Just my opinion, sorry for the long post. Please correct me if I'm wrong in some points.

-JM