Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Turbo L15A Base Map for AEM EMS

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 11:07 PM
Turbo L15A Base Map for AEM EMS

Like the title says...that's what I'm looking for.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:16 PM
ummm.....bump

Old 03-27-2012, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
BUMP! I'm interested to see if anyone has attempted to use an AEM EMS on the Fit

Old 03-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Well I've got one, got my harness ready, got my ecu pinouts, got my motor ready to drop in. Just have to find a base calibration of something relatively close to my setup. At this point, a supercharged, turbocharged, or even a nitrous setup at this point would possibly give me at least a very rough idle. That way I can tune from there. I have a buddy, don't want to name drop, but he can figure it out. Just trying to save us both some time and a little money on my side.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by arnshrty
Well I've got one, got my harness ready, got my ecu pinouts, got my motor ready to drop in. Just have to find a base calibration of something relatively close to my setup. At this point, a supercharged, turbocharged, or even a nitrous setup at this point would possibly give me at least a very rough idle. That way I can tune from there. I have a buddy, don't want to name drop, but he can figure it out. Just trying to save us both some time and a little money on my side.
No offense but that was absolutely no help what so ever. How about a ECU piggy back system your using or some kind of info other than this crap. ^^^
I am interested in the F Con V Pro but not sure on the price and am still waiting to see the $ numbers. I am trying to do a after cat turbo system on the GE.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by CustomFitOwner
No offense but that was absolutely no help what so ever. How about a ECU piggy back system your using or some kind of info other than this crap. ^^^
I am interested in the F Con V Pro but not sure on the price and am still waiting to see the $ numbers. I am trying to do a after cat turbo system on the GE.
Have a bad day or something buddy. I started this post. I was just stating what I have and why I'm needing the base map/calibration. As far as info, for a piggyback you should go with GReddy Emanage Ultimate or AEM FIC. Also, there's a reason after cat turbo KITS are made for V-8s and not for 4 cylinders. Lag, which can already be demon for us if your turbo is not properly setup/sized on a standard turbo setup. An after cat turbo setup on our cars just isn't ideal. If nothing else for the restriction between the exhaust and the turbo. Suburu STIs are a prime example with 3 cats and one being in the turbo uppipe. First thing a lot of these do is gut this one or replace it with a catless uppipe to eliminate the restriction. Just my 2 cents

Old 03-31-2012, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by arnshrty
Have a bad day or something buddy. I started this post. I was just stating what I have and why I'm needing the base map/calibration. As far as info, for a piggyback you should go with GReddy Emanage Ultimate or AEM FIC. Also, there's a reason after cat turbo KITS are made for V-8s and not for 4 cylinders. Lag, which can already be demon for us if your turbo is not properly setup/sized on a standard turbo setup. An after cat turbo setup on our cars just isn't ideal. If nothing else for the restriction between the exhaust and the turbo. Suburu STIs are a prime example with 3 cats and one being in the turbo uppipe. First thing a lot of these do is gut this one or replace it with a catless uppipe to eliminate the restriction. Just my 2 cents
No I'm fine I was just saying that wasn't much help, and I did say no offense.
So basically what your saying is it can't be done? So having a turbo in your engine bay is better than having it outside where its not going to melt things like wires or hoses? Just asking once more. My friend is the one that brought this up to me so I thought I would do it but if your saying that an after cat system has lag that is very surprising to me. Well I guess depends on the turbo you use though right??? Does a GT3271R turbo setup have lag? That's what turbo he wants me to use cause it will spool up quicker but the way everyone is talking about it is that the after cat system has "no lag" due to the fact that there is always air going to the turbo. But hey I am a turbo noobie and am always open for suggestions. I'd like to be different than everyone else that's why I was planning on doing this.
I was looking at the AEM F/IC...does it work on the 09 Fit? I mean I really don't want to go buy something that someone says it works and they have the GD and I have GE you know?
Well let me know what you think, even though the both you and my friend know what yall are talking about. I just listen to him cause he has been a mechanic in the Army for 6 years and me only 1 1/2 not knowing much. But yea help out with your 2cents I don't mind, I am just looking for information like I previously stated.
Thanks