Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Newbie questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 01:08 AM
Newbie questions

Hello all,

Newbie to modding fits but i do have a couple questions:

1) Differences in models, I have a 2012... I see 07-08, 09-12 is that correct for engine differences

2) I cannot find performance parts for this car for the life of me, i've tried all the vendors seen on the intake sticky and none seem to provide what the sticky lists (Fujita, Injen, T1R B-Max, J's Racing, Hi pro speed, etc).

3) I wish to do all NA mods to my car including:
Headers
Mid pipe (whatever these use)
Cat back
Intake
Performance chip
Throttle body

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but i got severely disappointed after the intake sticky vendor list.

Thanks for any help!

Old 06-04-2013, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator
not quite sure what sticky u are reading, but some of those brands u listed don't make an intake for the GE8. do u have a manual or automatic? choices will be limited for automatic, as limited as they are now.

known parts:

intakes:
PRM, K&N, Injen, Takeda
bling jdm intakes: J's racing, topfuel, gruppeM

header:
weapon r

mid pipe:
t1r, megan, hks ($$)

cat back:
hks, noblesse

axle back:
mugen, hks, greddy, tanabe, spoon, js racing, t1r

performance chip:
?????????

throttle body:
mugen? not sure on this one.

everyone else will tell u all these mods are moot unless u just want louder sound and some looks. the ecu is too smart to let u gain any hp from them.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:24 AM
Thanks for the fast (and informative) response!

It's a AT unfortunately, wow really the ECU throttles the engine? Someone has to have figured out a way around that besides engine swap. I find that hard to believe that they would do that, do you have any links with more info?

A performance chip would be from a vendor like JET or hypertech, cheap way of "tuning" the engine.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:28 AM
Banned
Good luck your quest for parts is going to be a long one.

First headers for your Fit are not headers the exhaust manifold is built into the head. The only things available are just one pipe bigger or not depending on the brand.

There is no "performance chip" available YET flash pro MAY become available soon.

Throttle bodies are a problem because of the DBW only a couple available from japan but nobody in the USA has tried one to see if they are compatible.

The biggest problem for your plans is the stock ECM whatever mods you make the ECM will keep reverting back to stock parameters negating all you are trying to gain.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Grigory
Thanks for the fast (and informative) response!

It's a AT unfortunately, wow really the ECU throttles the engine? Someone has to have figured out a way around that besides engine swap. I find that hard to believe that they would do that, do you have any links with more info?

A performance chip would be from a vendor like JET or hypertech, cheap way of "tuning" the engine.
those won't work. wait for hondata to make a reflash for the GE. if u want "tuning" the engine like i think u do, get an ETC from TWPanson. it will adjust how ur throttle responds and gives u the "illusion" that ur car is more responsive than it actually is. in reality there is no difference in just "flooring" the gas. I use my ETC to actually lower the response so its easier for me to get better mileage.

with an AT, ur intake choices are limited if u want to go CAI. SRI no problem. lots to choose from. for the CAI, i think u can only use the Injen.

all the links are on this site. just read through all the threads.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:37 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by loudbang
Good luck your quest for parts is going to be a long one.

First headers for your Fit are not headers the exhaust manifold is built into the head. The only things available are just one pipe bigger or not depending on the brand.

There is no "performance chip" available YET flash pro MAY become available soon.

Throttle bodies are a problem because of the DBW only a couple available from japan but nobody in the USA has tried one to see if they are compatible.

The biggest problem for your plans is the stock ECM whatever mods you make the ECM will keep reverting back to stock parameters negating all you are trying to gain.
yep he's right. whatever engine mods u do right now are all form not function until hondata releases a reflash. if ur lucky enough to be in japan and own a jdm fit, then i've heard that jsracing (maybe even spoon) does custom tunes.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:53 AM
Appreciate the replies, it appears I will be doing Rims/lowering springs/tint and calling it a day .

Beyond doing a turbo which is silly for my daily driver it doesn't appear feasible to gain from NA due to that stock ECM.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
^ glad to hear your listening!!!

Best bang for the buck on a GE, lightweight rims/tires, firmer lower suspension and larger sway bars per your preference F, R or both.

Also, as mentioned above, a "throttle controller" from user TWPanson is the way to go if you want to feel any real change. All it does is amplify the signal from the throttle switch under the pedal and will make it SEEM more responsive as it will take less pedal travel to go from closed to WOT.

HOPEFULLY, the time frame for the Hondata is coming soon.... The GD (07-08) Fit;s had to wait around 5 years after release in the US to get there's... so maybe 2014 will be a good year for you GE folks