Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

walboro 255 install

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
walboro 255 install

so I pulled my fuel cage today and I cant find any links or post about someone install a walboro or doing a return fuel line, so iam try to figure it out. On top of the cage there are three ports, one is the feed, the other goes to the evap canister on fire wall, but don't know where the third one goes to yet. this will not be plug and play lol

Old 07-11-2013, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
start off by removing the center console, then there are 4 Phillips head screws that hold on the fuel cover plate, also will need to pull ebrake up. take a flat head screw driver and rubber mallet and tap the tabs on the ring so that it moves to the left. It will take 4-6 turns before you can turn it by hand. after the ring is off slowly work up the fuel cage and be very careful when pulling it out as the fuel gauge float sticks out, you will need to work it left and right slowly and once you almost got the bottom of the cage out, turn it at an angle so the float clears.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:52 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
how universal are honda's fuel cages? could you just swap in say a civic's fuel cage to help ease the installation of a returning fuel line?

I believe the third port is a breather that ties into the fuel fill tube.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kylerwho
how universal are honda's fuel cages? could you just swap in say a civic's fuel cage to help ease the installation of a returning fuel line?

the best thing that ive found that could possible work but not confirmed Is the fuel cage from a 8th gen, which is much easier to mod, but cost for a new one is 237 from Honda, using the fit cage will be more cost effective. Either route you go requires modding, there is no easy way out unless you want to spend 3x the money on custom hanger setup

Old 07-11-2013, 03:39 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by kylerwho

Yes I agree ^^^^

Old 07-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator
huh, I have had my Fuel setup out twice and never thought of taking pictures. Anyways I had bought a walboro 255 from Hybridracing and it plugs right in but some tabs needed to be cut off the top of it to work.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
huh, I have had my Fuel setup out twice and never thought of taking pictures. Anyways I had bought a walboro 255 from Hybridracing and it plugs right in but some tabs needed to be cut off the top of it to work.
Correct. The Whinebro needs those tabs clipped for fitment.

Also with regards to the returnless system, you'll have to route a return line and modify the fuel rail...have you maxed out the fueling yet?

Old 07-19-2013, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
since I am installing a supercharger, and running 1200cc injectors, I need to eliminate the factory pressure regulator. if you can explain what clips you eliminated that would help, and you say you plug it in without having to rewire the clip?
Originally Posted by gynosis
Correct. The Whinebro needs those tabs clipped for fitment.

Also with regards to the returnless system, you'll have to route a return line and modify the fuel rail...have you maxed out the fueling yet?
I currently have installed -8an fittings and bulk head fitting for a -8 feed line, and have line to, I have hybrid racing fuel pressure regulator mounted to karcepts k series fuel rail, with -6 for return going to stock feed line. what is holding me up is one of the ports on the top of the cage has a line that runs down to a blue plastic fitting that sits next to what I am assuming is the stock pressure regulator, its black and is held in with a c clip, it looks as tho the fuel is pulled inside from the bottom then goes thru the section that holds the pump, then comes out the bottom again to the factory feed line. I was gona dremel the cage so the walboro stickout so it could have the line going directly to the port on top of cage, since I have regulator at the rail now, then have the factory feed as return with hose going to bottom of the cage. I see now that the one big port is a evap for tank pressurizing, but the other that is not a feed port that has line going to blue t fitting next to regulator iam not 100 percent on its function and how that needs to be setup