Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

what parts do i need to source out to complete this intake?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 09:26 PM
what parts do i need to source out to complete this intake?

Hey guys its been a while since I have been on here. Alot has happened, started barber school, have a new son, moved out of my hometown etc. Anyway I am looking to dress up my engine bay and eliminate the annoying issue of having to change out those annoying stock air filters I have to ever few months that cost 20-25 everytime and generally my local autozone etc doesn't have in stock for my gd. I have purchased a few parts needed to make a custom short ram intake overtime little by little and I believe I only need a few more but need help knowing what exactly I need still. I have the fujita piping and the 5/8 rubber adapter ring for the maf sensor or whatever its called on the fit. I also have a 2 1/2 to 3 inch pipe to filter/throttle body adapter this adapter may be too big? and lastly the one inch vibration mount without bolts. what bolts will I need for the vibration mount and will I need any washers? and also what other parts do I need to install this system successfully the first time? is it worth sourcing out the other parts or would it be the same price to just buy a whole new system? Wanting to start this project asap any help greatly appreciated.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:32 PM
I guess my main question would be if I keep this setup with the fujita short ram pipe would I need the 8mm heater hose? Or do you only need to run the 10mm vacuum hose from the fujita pipe to the original connection location? sorry cant find info online and the fact that fujita is out of business makes it harder