Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

K24 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 01:50 PM
K24 Swap

So, I'm looking to do a K24 swap in my 2010 Fit and found an engine and a swap kit for a good price but I still have to find a transmission. Would I be able to pair the the K24 to the standard Fit transmission or would i have to find a new transmission to put in. Sorry if this question sounds dumb, I have done a little research in to it but my knowledge is still very limited when it comes to engine swaps.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
AFAIK, you have to use the transmission from a K series vehicle. Personally, I would only use one from a Civic Si because you will need the limited slip to not have severe traction issues. I'm not sure what you will need to do for axles as I don't see a GE axle listed on the Hasport Site.

Make sure you do lots of research before you buy anything. It's not a plug and play venture in the least. Plan on needing to fabricate a LOT of stuff.

I suggest a call to Hasport before you spend another second thinking about this venture.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:54 PM
Thank you! I've heard it's not a lot of fabrication as long as you get a swap kit. Also had no idea that sight existed so I'll check it out and give them a call. And I always might just end up putting a supercharger or turbo kit in it.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
Wiring, ECU, A/C lines, coolant hoses are the start.

Last I spoke with Hasport, there was not a good ECU solution available that would allow you to keep your factory gauges and not have a check engine light.

Brian from Fastbrakes has his car there now and they are possibly working on a solution.

Best bet by far is to call Hasport. They can give you a real time update of the progress of K swaps into Fits. It's not near as supported as one would think.

Old 04-26-2018, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Wiring, ECU, A/C lines, coolant hoses are the start.

Last I spoke with Hasport, there was not a good ECU solution available that would allow you to keep your factory gauges and not have a check engine light.

Brian from Fastbrakes has his car there now and they are possibly working on a solution.

Best bet by far is to call Hasport. They can give you a real time update of the progress of K swaps into Fits. It's not near as supported as one would think.
Chiming in, from what I see on IG Indonesians and Malaysians turn out K swap GKs as well as GEs like water.....Why are they soo abundant over there? Seems like every other person has a K swap.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by jrv784
Chiming in, from what I see on IG Indonesians and Malaysians turn out K swap GKs as well as GEs like water.....Why are they soo abundant over there? Seems like every other person has a K swap.
This ^^

I don't know what's going on but it's a lot more common over there.

Honestly I just wish there'd be support soon for the 1.5T swap into a Fit.

Old 04-28-2018, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by Tedjamin
This ^^

I don't know what's going on but it's a lot more common over there.

Honestly I just wish there'd be support soon for the 1.5T swap into a Fit.
agreed, I know axion should deliver soon relatively speaking.