Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

New J's Racing chamber intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 01:10 AM
pardon my ignorance but can somebody explain to me what is fluid dynamics ?also why fluid dynamics plays an important role in intake application?

Old 08-07-2007, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by boyetssilverfit
pardon my ignorance but can somebody explain to me what is fluid dynamics ?also why fluid dynamics plays an important role in intake application?
Take a look at this Fluid dynamics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Computational fluid dynamics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When it comes to intake, intake manifold and exhaust manifold design you will hear people talk about computational fluid dynamics, aka, CFD. Software programs can show you how air will flow in your application. It can give you info like the flow, pressure and show if you have turbulence problems with your design. This is a very basic explanation but it should give you an idea on what it is and why it is used.

This was the book I used to have “Scientific Design of Exhaust & Intake Systems” It is not a bad book, there is defiantly some stuff that was over my head but I was working with some people that had a strong background in CFD so they would answer any questions I had if I did not understand something.

Check out the link for it on Amazon

Amazon.com: Scientific Design of Exhaust & Intake Systems (Engineering and Performance): Books: Philip H. Smith,John C. Morrison

Old 08-07-2007, 12:00 PM
thanks a lot madtownfit ,

Old 08-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Please keep on the post's subject.

Hi All,

We noticed that there was some discussion of our intake in this thread. Being that this thread is not for our intake, and out of respect for the original poster, I do not feel it is appropriate to discuss the supa sucka intake here. Please see the other post on fitfreak if you want further information on our intake. I think there is a little confusion about our design philosopy.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ailable-6.html

Thanks,

H-FIT team

H-Fit.com....Products now available. Performance for track and street...
Web Page Under Construction

Old 12-10-2007, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry for bring up an old thread, but the J's chamber intake is out for the NA fit. However I can only find the intake for MT. So I wonder if someone have heard of this intake for the AT.