Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Window Louvers, visors, photos, questions, installation, answers

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 11:51 PM
Depends what you mean by wind noise.

Is there any "new" whistling, or flapping or otherwise... NO

As to just how much noise. I had the 4 windows craked down where they are recommended and LOVED the airflow through the car.. And was able to talk on phone (testing purposes ) which I definately would not have been able to do without the visors and the windows even slightly cracked.

Rain: if the person nex to you hits a really big puddle and the wave crashes over your car.. you can get wet. Otherwise, awesome performance.

I definately recommend King for these as they shipped mine very quickly.

There are some very good instructions for installed these in another post somewhere, but really I can recommend 3 things.

-Take your time (30-45 mins max to install even if you take it slow)
-CLEAN the surfaces first

ok I lied.. I couldn't think of another

Last edited by hkronin; 03-10-2007 at 11:54 PM.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:21 AM
Originally Posted by hkronin
Depends what you mean by wind noise.

Is there any "new" whistling, or flapping or otherwise... NO

As to just how much noise. I had the 4 windows craked down where they are recommended and LOVED the airflow through the car.. And was able to talk on phone (testing purposes ) which I definately would not have been able to do without the visors and the windows even slightly cracked.

Rain: if the person nex to you hits a really big puddle and the wave crashes over your car.. you can get wet. Otherwise, awesome performance.

I definately recommend King for these as they shipped mine very quickly.

There are some very good instructions for installed these in another post somewhere, but really I can recommend 3 things.

-Take your time (30-45 mins max to install even if you take it slow)
-CLEAN the surfaces first

ok I lied.. I couldn't think of another
What holds these onto the doors? Double sided tape? Screws?

Old 03-11-2007, 11:49 AM
i think double sided tape and clips....i ordered mine from king motorsports last night

Old 03-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by michaelfit84
i think double sided tape and clips....i ordered mine from king motorsports last night
Nice. I think I will purchase these as well.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:13 AM
can you put these on using only the clips without the double-sided tape? cause what if i wanted to remove them later on...

Old 04-04-2007, 03:31 PM
ive had mine on for about 3 or 4 weeks now and during the rain it drips into the car and in the worse places, such as the little spot near the window buttons where i usually keep my phone. I installed correctly but am wondering why its leaking.... maybe the double sided tape didnt create a good enough seal? why would this be happening

Old 04-05-2007, 07:47 PM
it's double sided tape and clips.. I wouldn't personally install without the tape..

As for leaking.. freaky, I'm fortunately not having that problem.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Anyone know if these are any good? they are only 40 dollars shipped! vent visors are vent visors aren't they? there isn't much more to them besides some plastic and 3M tape...

eBay Motors: For 06-07 Honda FIT Shade Vent window visor 4pcs JDM (item 180107179929 end time Apr-24-07 16:54:52 PDT)

Old 04-25-2007, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by YeeFit
Anyone know if these are any good? they are only 40 dollars shipped! vent visors are vent visors aren't they? there isn't much more to them besides some plastic and 3M tape...

eBay Motors: For 06-07 Honda FIT Shade Vent window visor 4pcs JDM (item 180107179929 end time Apr-24-07 16:54:52 PDT)
Does anyone have any idea what the difference is? my guess would be that these ebay ones don't have the mugen logo engraved into the visor and that they only use tape and no clips?

Old 04-25-2007, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
not sure about exact differences, but I read that the generic ones will cause your windows to get off track and do some sorts of other damage.. just what I remember reading on RSXs.

Old 04-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by aznguyen316
not sure about exact differences, but I read that the generic ones will cause your windows to get off track and do some sorts of other damage.. just what I remember reading on RSXs.
Really? how is that possible? These window visors do not actually attach to the glass do they? I thought they sit on top of the door above the window?

if they stick to the window would they not allow you to roll you windows down all the way?

Old 04-25-2007, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I'm not sure how they attach, so I could be completely wrong. I'm just passing along information I remember reading, but don't quote me.. sorry!

Old 05-03-2007, 09:32 AM
are they easy to install ? i would wanna mess my new car up... on a scale of 1 to 10.. how diffucult. only thing ive ever done to my civic was change the oil, tires, filters....

Old 05-03-2007, 09:43 AM
They are confusing to look at with the clips and all, but if you get everything in front of you and are looking at the windows, it becomes pretty apparent what to do. Just put your windows all the way down, look at the black rubber molding that is inside the window frame, if you give a little tug on the corners you'll be able to pull it out without a problem, put the little pegs inside the holes of the visors along with the clip and then just kinda toy around, took me about 30 minutes or so... but just keep in mind that the moment you take off the tape from the back of them, you dont want to touch it to anything or it'll stick and youll have to rip it off.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
as mentioned above, that might be why some windows get off track. It looks like the peg goes into the window sliding area.. hmm interesting.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:54 PM
Window Louvers/ visors

Hi, I ran a search, and couldnt find any info on window visors for my newly acquired fit... Does anyone have info, are these factory non us only? Who can I contact to get them, thanks.

Ryan (Rywire.com)

Old 06-27-2007, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
geez man..youre like the god of fitfreak...
i just dont support the search feature too much since most of the times dont come up with what you want. Although, i know its not google

to help the guy out :
Mugen Ventilated Visors
Jdm Honda Visors
Zeta Products visor with "Fit" logo
are between the most common; there could be others though

Last edited by fits_all; 06-27-2007 at 01:12 AM.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:15 AM
5 Year Member
Sup Ryan, it's me SmobbinSi from HT...Let me guess- you're gonna swap the K20 from the CRX to the Fit- can't wait to see the thread on this one!

Anyways- there are also some visors for a good deal on collegehillshonda.com, from down under- "A(ustralian)DM". Now that is rare to make it all the way here by boat!

Old 06-27-2007, 03:27 AM
Originally Posted by claymore
Now that your in the right place LOOK through this forum there are SEVERAL posts about visors. Gee I guess you missed all of them during your search.
Hey claymore you dont have to be a dick... Its not my fault the search function sucks. I love Thailand with a passion, but so far my impressions of you are not as good.

Whats up SmobbinSi good to see ya, nah, no k for this fit, a fit is a fun cruzer, not a race car

Thanks for the help (those who helped)
-Ryan

Old 06-27-2007, 10:21 AM
ok guys. group hug time..

between the forum search function and our tagging system, search still leaves much to be desired.

I wonder if implementing google search into the forum will help. For example, if I use Google to search FitFreak.net for "visor" with the following URL:

site:fitfreak.net visor - Google Search

Does google return results more relevant to the information you are looking for?

Quick Reply: Window Louvers, visors, photos, questions, installation, answers