Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Window Louvers, visors, photos, questions, installation, answers

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 12:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Willard
Since the Mugen visors are on sale for $127... which would be the best?

JDM for ~$99 ($25 shipping)
Mugen for ~$127 (plus shipping)

Thanks!
GET MUGEN VISORS!! I just bought a set a few weeks ago and installed them...they are absolutely amazing.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kodok3ribu
can anyone help me please? I got the Mugen visor on my windows. It comes with the car when i bought it. But I want to take it off.. I tried to wiggle the installation and it's so strong it didn't budge one bit... i looked at the installation manual posted here, but don't understand it one bit... can anyone help?
my opinion is to keep them on...but if you insist...

that stuff is stuck with super strong double sided tape AND mounting clips (2 on each visor). You're going to need some muscle to pry them off and unhook the clips once you've got some room.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
Just installed my Mugen Visors! omg, i love them!

BIG Helpful hint: TEST FIT and test again before removing the tape! =]

also did my TINT at the same time! Medium in the froont, LIMO all around the back! woot!

Name:  390084_2412947116618_1039470056_2673609_894367946_n.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  49.5 KB

Old 12-28-2011, 09:32 AM
I for some reason must be the only one that does not like the Mugen Design. I prefer the OEM JDM ones. These still available anywhere for a decent price?

Old 12-29-2011, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Boostamante
I for some reason must be the only one that does not like the Mugen Design. I prefer the OEM JDM ones. These still available anywhere for a decent price?
I got mine from the Honda dealer for $62 dollars plus shipping i can maybe ask my Boy who works at Honda to get me another set

Old 12-29-2011, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
I just installed my OEM JDM (GD3) visors this afternoon. I got them off of ebay from 'luvjdm'.
JDM GD3 GD4 Honda OEM Fit Jazz Window Door Visor Visors | eBay

The box arrived on time but looked like it had been thru a blender.
No instructions or damage to the pieces. Install went smooth.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:38 AM
I just installed my OEM JDM (GD3) visors this afternoon. I got them off of ebay from 'luvjdm'.
JDM GD3 GD4 Honda OEM Fit Jazz Window Door Visor Visors | eBay

The box arrived on time but looked like it had been thru a blender.
No instructions or damage to the pieces. Install went smooth.
I saw those and wondered if they were legit. Do you have any pics by chance? I'd appreciate it if you posted some up. Thanks again!

Happy new year to all.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:57 AM
5 Year Member
I saw those and wondered if they were legit. Do you have any pics by chance? I'd appreciate it if you posted some up.
Here are some celly photos. They are legit. Just wished that the box arrived in better shape.
Shipping is a bit much, but for $99 I could not be happier. I would buy again.

Here is the front door-leading edge showing 2 (of the 4) clips on the front door visor:
Name:  1-1.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  38.6 KB

Here is the spot between the door:
Name:  3-1.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  45.7 KB

Here is the rear door-trailing edge (do a dry run to play with the rear metal tab. It is pretty easy once you see how it goes under the black trim):
Name:  2-1.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  39.7 KB

Overview:
Name:  4-1.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  71.8 KB

Old 01-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by Jdm_fit92
I got mine from the Honda dealer for $62 dollars plus shipping i can maybe ask my Boy who works at Honda to get me another set
If he can get them, let me know. But i checked with the dealer and it wasn't something they could order. So I'll cross my fingers

Here are some celly photos. They are legit. Just wished that the box arrived in better shape.
Shipping is a bit much, but for $99 I could not be happier. I would buy again.
I hear ya, thanks for the pics. They look great on your FIT. I gotta buy some when i get some extra cash. Just bough my 07 about 2 weeks ago and I love it.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
Just installed the USDM factory visors on my GE8. I found them on ebay. They came from SanTan Honda in Chandler, AZ. $52.50 + $9.50 shipping. Honda P.N. 08R04-TK6-100A. I think they really complement the looks of my black Fit. They install fairly close to the glass about a half inch out. As far as installation, although the instructions at first appear intimidating, it is a DIY job. College Hills Honda also has an installation video on Youtube. Just follow the directions step by step and take your time. The first visor took about an hour to install because I wasn't familiar with how the clips mounted, or how the little plastic pins worked. The other three visors went pretty quickly. During installation just make sure the holes in the visor are aligned with the holes in the mounting clips before you push in the pins. The pins are like miniature pop rivets. When you push on the plunger the body expands and holds the visor to the clips. The pins can not be re-used if you mess up.
Name:  photobucket-30675-1335386968906.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  74.8 KB

Last edited by Rampo; 04-25-2012 at 05:28 PM. Reason: added image
Old 04-25-2012, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rampo
Just installed the USDM factory visors on my GE8. I found them on ebay. They came from SanTan Honda in Chandler, AZ. $52.50 + $9.50 shipping. Honda P.N. 08R04-TK6-100A. I think they really complement the looks of my black Fit. They install fairly close to the glass about a half inch out. As far as installation, although the instructions at first appear intimidating, it is a DIY job. College Hills Honda also has an installation video on Youtube. Just follow the directions step by step and take your time. The first visor took about an hour to install because I wasn't familiar with how the clips mounted, or how the little plastic pins worked. The other three visors went pretty quickly. During installation just make sure the holes in the visor are aligned with the holes in the mounting clips before you push in the pins. The pins are like miniature pop rivets. When you push on the plunger the body expands and holds the visor to the clips. The pins can not be re-used if you mess up.
the pins can be reused.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
Yup - I was able to re-use the pins even though the instructions said otherwise.

Here's a picture of the visors installed
Name:  Visors-1.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  78.6 KB

Old 07-26-2012, 12:39 AM
Does anyone know if window visors work with a roof rack?

Old 02-06-2013, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone heard of AVS Seamless Ventvisors? I was planning on buying those for my GD. Been wanting visors for so long & stumbled on these. What y'all think? No pics sorry I'm on my phone.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Just curious, are these ones with the pins or whatever really worth that much for than the $50 ones you can get at the local car part stores? Meaning the ones that just have the double sided tape?

Because I have used the ones with jut the double sided tape and never had a problem.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DefStatic
Just curious, are these ones with the pins or whatever really worth that much for than the $50 ones you can get at the local car part stores? Meaning the ones that just have the double sided tape?

Because I have used the ones with jut the double sided tape and never had a problem.
It's up to you on how much you wanna spend. Some people like to spend the money on getting legit "jdm" parts & some just buy the cheaper ones since it does the same job & wants to save some cash.

It's your car, you do whatever you want w/ it.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by sh00k
It's up to you on how much you wanna spend. Some people like to spend the money on getting legit "jdm" parts & some just buy the cheaper ones since it does the same job & wants to save some cash.

It's your car, you do whatever you want w/ it.
I understand that :-p

I was just curious if there was a real difference between the three. Every vehicle I have ever owned I put these on and was going to be one of the first mods I make to my Fit.

I have used the $50 double sided tape ones before, and even living in Maine have never had a problem. I just was not sure if there was a significant difference in the more expensive ones with clips, or if they are just better because of the clips or if even they look/work better?

Old 02-10-2013, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DefStatic
I understand that :-p

I was just curious if there was a real difference between the three. Every vehicle I have ever owned I put these on and was going to be one of the first mods I make to my Fit.

I have used the $50 double sided tape ones before, and even living in Maine have never had a problem. I just was not sure if there was a significant difference in the more expensive ones with clips, or if they are just better because of the clips or if even they look/work better?
IMHO I say the ones w/ clips look better. You get what you pay for. But if you don't wanna go w/ clips and wanna stay on the cheap side. You can buy the AVS seamless visors. There double sided & looks almost like the honda access ones.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:16 AM
Just bought a 2013 Fit Base (my first new car!) and looking to install OEM Door Visors myself.

Are there any threads showing a step by step? I find the directions to be slightly less than helpful (worse than Ikea directions) and the college hills video moves a tad too fast for me.