Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Body-work Help: GDdoor sticking out a little bit

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
Body-work Help: GDdoor sticking out a little bit

Okay, I posted this over at the Body-work section on honda-tech and have yet to hear any replies even after bumping the thread. I usually get help on HT immediately so here I am on the fit forum trying to get some help.

I recently picked up an 08 Honda Fit as my DD. It had a branded title as it was in a wreck. I bought it for its practicality and I plan to keep it for a long time which is why I wanted to save myself a lot of money and get one with a branded title knowing that it was totalled.

Anyways, with that aside, One small thing has been bothering me cosmetically. The car is very straight except for one little area. On the driver's side front door, the top part of my door, starting just above the right side of the door handle sticks out about 1-2cm and it just bugs me. The door is a just a little loose on the top part too. It's not very noticable unless I try to push the top part of the door into the car more. I'll get some pics soon but just from what I have tried to explain, does any one have any tips on how I can straighten this out? I'll get pics of it tomorrow but i'm assuming i'd have to play with the door hinge? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Old 01-16-2011, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member
Loose window frame?/ or striker plate adjustment?

Sorry I didn't see this when you posted. But I just took a look @ my dr. door. Looks to me to be spot welded right behind the gasket behind the handle. If I'm seeing what your discribing check closer at the bottom of the window frame w/ the window down to check the movement of the frame in to the door. if the spot welds are cracked that could be repaired easliy @ a good welding shop, cheaper than taking it to a bodyshop for just 3 spot welds & a tack weld right @ the top where the window frame and door meet.
Or if the door is just pushed out a bit further than the rear door, the hasp that the door latches onto needs to be moved inward to pull the door in a bit more. I would think the hasp is screwed to a floating plate for adjustments. Ya the striker can be moved up, down, left, right. Loosen the 2 phillips head screws and adjust (hit lightly) w/ a plastic hammer.
Mike

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 01-16-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks man, i'll try that. I don't think anything needs to be welded as it all looks good. The upper part of the drivers door is just sticking out just a tad bit, like possible 3-5mm. I'm gonna try adjusting that one hinge under the front driver's side fender, but I know it will be a pain to get the fender off.