Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Anyone paint their emblems?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 08:24 PM
LCF
Anyone paint their emblems?

Ok, so I want to paint the emblems black. I have a whole black & vortex blue theme going on and the glaring "chrome-ish" finish of the emblems is ruining it....

Anyone painted them? I am planning on using plasti-dip. My husband used it to paint his VW front emblem and that has held up well. I'm concerned about using it in the back, though bc the trunk emblem will get bumped and touched a lot when opening.

Should I take them off and paint, or try to tape them off and paint on the car? I'm nervous to do that. I have a funny feeling it'll turn out crappy.

How can I take the front & back emblem off, and more importantly, do they come off?

Any advice is much appreciated.

-Lil

Old 07-13-2012, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
If you search plastidip emblems there's a step by step diy maybe even more than one. Should cover this

Old 07-13-2012, 11:56 PM
Hey LCF,

I'm a big fan of plastdip because it is useful in so many cases, it's cheap, and it comes off if you want. I'll post a picture in the next post of my car, I plastidipped the emblems black as well. By the way, I love blue and black themes, mind posting a picture of your fit? :3

Anywho, you should be able to just take 4 pieces of printer paper and slide them under the top, bottom, and sides of the emblems (at least the front for sure) and if you get oversrpay, no worries plastidip peels right off. If you are new to plastidip I highly reccomend it, I did my wheels and emblems and soon i'm gonna order the new blaze blue color plastidip from (dipyourcar.com) to do my interior pieces blue. You should check out the cool colors on that website

If you have any other questions about how to spray plastidip and peel it, or jusrt some tips, PM me and i'll gladly help

Old 07-14-2012, 01:55 AM

Plastidipped front emblem and headlights.......*ashamed* yeah those are extremely large eyelids that *were plastidipped on before. I took 'em off though, not a clean look

Old 07-14-2012, 09:18 PM
LCF
Oooooh, blue plastidip??? I am going to check that out. Thank you for the reply. Yea, i was worried I would have to tape the emblem off with painter's tape or something similar.. That would be hard to do, and I would definitely miss an edge or side somewhere.

I have eyelids on my car as well (in black bc there are no blue eyelid decals I've been able to find as of right now) and I think I will eventually paint my hood so it looks like one cohesive piece.

I want to get my tail lights on (this weekend hopefully) and the emblems painted and then I'll post some pics

Thanks again! I am excited to give this a try

Old 07-15-2012, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by LCF
Oooooh, blue plastidip??? I am going to check that out. Thank you for the reply. Yea, i was worried I would have to tape the emblem off with painter's tape or something similar.. That would be hard to do, and I would definitely miss an edge or side somewhere.

I have eyelids on my car as well (in black bc there are no blue eyelid decals I've been able to find as of right now) and I think I will eventually paint my hood so it looks like one cohesive piece.

I want to get my tail lights on (this weekend hopefully) and the emblems painted and then I'll post some pics

Thanks again! I am excited to give this a try
I know right? Plus on the website (dipyourcar.com) there is blaze orange, white, red, and camouflage colors as well as glossifiers and metalizers For my front emblem, I just taped all around the emblem, not very precisely since if you pull the excess plastidip, it'll disconnect at the emblem and you'll remove the excess while the part you want, stays on :3 For the back do the same, but use a tooth pick and start peeling the parts you don't want, it wont interfere with the H because there is a ridge. Just be careful!

Its no problem, man, love to help! Hey cool! Yeah i'm gonna get some Blue plastidip for some interior pieces :3 Anyways, good luck with all of your projects, and DEFINITELY post some pics!

Old 07-15-2012, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
Well I tried to link the thread page but links aren't working. But I just snapped the emblem off and painted it. The emblems are not that much to replace if I wanted to go back to OEM.

Last edited by blassty; 07-15-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:13 PM
I just painted my wheels, front and back lips and emblems with the black plasti dip. Came out nice.