Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Spoon Fit

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 03:17 PM
MaRcOp01o, you are building my dream car!

Old 06-17-2020, 03:58 PM
I got my wheels, suspension and tires all yesterday! So keep your eyes open for an update!!

Old 06-17-2020, 04:21 PM
hnoes:

Old 06-17-2020, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by MaRcOp01o
I got my wheels, suspension and tires all yesterday! So keep your eyes open for an update!!
Looking forward to it!

Old 06-22-2020, 05:33 PM
So Big update for the Fit!

As I have been dailying the Fit for almost a year I have officially decided I cant stand the stock wheels. I wanted to like them but I just cant so I have decided to upgrade.

As it is my daily I wanted something comfy yet sporty so shock and spring is the move.

I went with Koni Streets (Orange) and Tanabe Springs. Lowers me 1.4 inches and keeps the car comfy yet stiff enough to have 0 body roll in corners.

The rears were a breeze took maximum 30 mins while the fronts took 3-4 hours. One of the most difficult suspension installs I have ever done but I am happy it is done because I am very pleased with the results.

Now you maybe asking yourself where or what are the wheels? That answer will be here hopefully presented to you all on Wednesday I am still waiting on Tire Rack to deliver my tires.There tracking info lied to me when it said they got there on Friday.

Old 06-24-2020, 11:34 AM
As promised they are here and they look so dam good!

I went with WedsSport TC105N in 15x6.5 +43. They are incredibly light at 10.2 LBS and are half the weight of a stock wheel which is 20LBS.

Tires I went with are Yokohama Advan Flevas in a 195/55/15.

With the wheels and suspension the Fit is on rails. I love how it looks now and I am satisfied with it aesthetically. I have an Autox next month and I feel it will do fantastic!

Old 06-24-2020, 10:22 PM
Needs some spacers IMO!

Old 06-25-2020, 09:16 AM
I agree but only for the rear and the most I would run is 10 MM. The fronts actually are flush looks really good, I need to take more pics.

Old 06-29-2020, 08:12 PM
Love the yellow. Car looks great!

Old 07-07-2020, 04:05 PM
The advantage of the Fits spacious interior is the lack of blind spots but the stock mirror only allows me to "Check my 6" with the new mirror I can check my 3 through 9.

Behold the Spoon rear view wide angled mirror with blue tint.

Really helps with night time driving and it maintains its ability to see far but not have the cars look they're farther away than they actually are. For the price its a no brainer upgrade and makes the interior ever so subtly different which I like.

Old 07-10-2020, 02:12 AM
Originally Posted by MaRcOp01o
The advantage of the Fits spacious interior is the lack of blind spots but the stock mirror only allows me to "Check my 6" with the new mirror I can check my 3 through 9.

Behold the Spoon rear view wide angled mirror with blue tint.

Really helps with night time driving and it maintains its ability to see far but not have the cars look they're farther away than they actually are. For the price its a no brainer upgrade and makes the interior ever so subtly different which I like.
That sounds a huge improvement. Would you mind to share where did you order the mirror? Does it also have the functionality to dim it with the lever below the mirror, as the original one?

Old 07-10-2020, 09:52 AM
It was a major improvement I love it! The mirror actually doesn't need a dimmer the blue tint really helps with any form of glare even high beams wont blind you.

Link Below:
https://art-of-attack.com/products/s...32584601665599

Old 07-10-2020, 11:21 AM
How does this compare with a Broadway mirror?

Old 07-10-2020, 11:58 AM
I would say it is a Broadway mirror made to fit inside the Fits rear view mirror. offers the same benefits just looks cleaner.

Old 08-03-2020, 06:34 PM
Hey just here to tag along, love the content! I'm a previous GE8 5MT sport owner, which ended up getting totaled (not my fault, was very upset). I now own a '14 Fiesta ST that is amazing, but I still have much love for Fits of all gens. I always saw these cars as the true modern civic hatchback, considering the actual new civics are absolutely MASSIVE. I love how nimble and light the Fit is and how practical they are as daily drivers. Just here to see the progress!

Old 08-03-2020, 06:37 PM
Thanks! I really appreciate it. I just love using quality products and making an entertaining build and a great story!

Old 08-18-2020, 06:07 PM
Update Time!

So to get the most out of the Fits OEM Suspension design I decided to go with SPC 81260 Camber Bolts. I read these work well for the Fit and they do! I am running 1.2 Degrees in the front, I know thats not much but it is my daily and I would prefer some tire life.

While the wheels were off I wanted to change the lugs to a little darker tint. The Mugen lugs did just that, although more expensive than most they look perfect. Plus cant go wrong with Mugen.

After all was done it was picture time.

Old 09-09-2020, 11:26 AM
I have a special update for you USDM fit owners.

I was able to get a hold of a very nice Honda Dealer in the UK and I asked about a part that is EDM/JDM exclusive. It is this very neat behind the passenger seat bag that can hold EVERYTHING. The pockets on this thing are deeper than Elon's and it has an insulated storage pouch for a water bottle (my Honda trash can is occupying it at the moment.). It also has a pocket that is on the back side just in case you want to hide certain documents and comes with a pencil case kind of bag that I would guess you put in the glove box for miscellaneous stuff.

Even though it is Made in China the build quality is outstanding and very rugged and the stitches appear to be of a nice strong thread.

Here is a pic of instructions, the Part#, and of course it installed.

It was pricey but not that pricey. Plus at this moment it is full of snacks, first aid, and even a couple Maps for all my Mountain Biking and Outdoors adventures so its being put to use.

Also has a built in umbrella holder and it is holding my Mugen umbrella (Purchased from Artofattack.com).

I will say it is worth it and its a cool OEM extra you wont find in the states.

Old 09-10-2020, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
That thing is awesome!

Old 10-07-2020, 12:23 PM
Hello Again,

I hope you all are ready for a picture heavy OEM Accessories dump. The best thing about a new car is the accessories are still being made and much cheaper than they will be in 10 years. So besides aftermarket my favorite mods hands down are OEM. I plan to get my hands on all of them at some point. So to make things easy for the Rare Fit parts collector in 10 years i am doing a picture heavy drop of the products and part numbers.

Honda OEM First-Aid Kit
08865-FAK-100

Genuinely surprised how much comes in this kit. If someone got a bug bite, splinter, cut or deep wound, you could stabilize them until they got professional attention. The quality is outstanding and full of Medical Supplies, the only thing I would "Upgrade" is the Velcro with a stronger Velcro.

Honda OEM Cabin Filter
80291-T5R-A01

Not really an accessory but more of a necessity. The cabin filter is 1 thing most people don't think of changing because who wants to spend money on that? "its the same air I am breathing outside so whats the difference?" Well I have 14k miles, I do not smoke and I am the most OCD person I know and mine looks like it has a heartbeat. I do live in Florida and rain and humidity is common but it is surprising seeing a new and old one side by side.

Honda OEM Rear Seat Back Protector
08U43-T5A-100

Now this has to be one of my most favorite mods simply because it makes the Fit have a more exciting interior and I wont tear it up from putting my bike in and out of the Fit.. The quality on these is really durable, they are made of a hard plastic but can be bent but not as easy as a rubber floor mat or something like that. They go on so easy it is amazing how simple it is. You receive 4 pieces in this kit, 2 seat mats and 2 plastic mats that go on top of the already existing fabric flaps that cover the brackets for the rear seats.. These plastic flaps simply assist the seat back flaps to slide (It is hard to explain but once they are installed you see the genius.). The backs of the covers have Velcro strips that cling to the backs of your seats and that it self holds it on very well but just to make sure it doesn't fall off you need to remove your headrests so you can put these elastic straps around the headrests posts that you don't see at all. When it is done you have a very clean look when the seats are up and you're protected when hauling stuff around.

Honda OEM Trunk Mat
08U43-T5A-100

Finally we have the trunk mat. Yet again amazing quality and nothing but thumbs up from me. Fits very nicely and the quality and material is outstanding. It is not as flimsy as a rubber floor mat but not as firm as the seat back mats but it is very durable and that is what matters. I am happy to say it is very lightweight for you track Fit guys so if you want to protect your interior while also being able to throw a jack and spares in the back, this is for you.

Well that is all I have for today. I will be posting more parts soon in the coming weeks.

Quick Reply: Spoon Fit