Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

I'm about to get a DX level Fit...

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 11:59 PM
I'm about to get a DX level Fit...

Hi,
The car that I can only afford doesn't have air-con, power door-locks nor power mirrors. It's as "no-frills" as you can get. Anybody else know anybody that owns one and if so, what is your opinion?

Old 01-26-2007, 09:35 AM
kps
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Well, I have an LX now, but every other car I've ever had was completely plain. I didn't have a problem opening my own windows.

You're getting the same engine, suspension, interior, etc. as the top Sport model; it's essentially the same car. I remember some of the race-oriented US people here wishing they could get a DX there to save the weight of the A/C.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:11 AM
Weird place to put this post (Newbie/FAQs).

Old 01-26-2007, 04:22 PM
I have a manual DX fit in the blue... Love it, was by far the best choice for me. Payments are super cheap, I don't really care about most of the features on the Sport model, and I have a brand new little Honda that I hope to rip around the city in for the next 15 years. I added the OEM foglights for better lighting at night, the carpeted floor mats and the cargo cover... For me, the higher models just weren't worth the extra dough. I mean, the DX has the same drivetrain, same interior (just dark grey fabric instead of black), same wicked guages, the ipod jack, the PW, and the same driveability... I didn't want to pay for air, because I knew I would never use it, and I didn't want the bling, because I don't want it getting broken into all the time... I love my DX fit. I have had it now for 3 months, and would make the same car choice in a heartbeat. The only thing I miss from my previous car (93 si coupe) is the keyless.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:47 PM
Oops, I just read one of the posts on here. I'm sorry, I didn't know where this should have been posted. I noticed it got moved but I don't know where. Thanks for your input. I don't feel so bad now :-)
The big day is this coming Monday :-O I'm kinda scared actually

Last edited by Sera; 01-26-2007 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:15 AM
Are you getting the manual or the auto? I am not sure how the auto feels to drive without the paddle shifters, but the manual is a blast. I see you are also in Vancouver... Take it up the Sea-To-Sky and play between 4th and 5th. All smiles.

Old 01-27-2007, 04:53 AM
Hi Phixator:
It's going to be an automatic transmission. The brochure says that it is a 5 speed auto transmission (I'm supposing that means Park, Reverse, Neutral, Drive, Drive3, Drive2, Drive1). As I don't drive manual, I don't know when to use the other drives. Any clues? By the way, why don't floor mats come with the Fit?

Last edited by Sera; 01-27-2007 at 04:58 AM.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sera
Hi Phixator:
It's going to be an automatic transmission. The brochure says that it is a 5 speed auto transmission (I'm supposing that means Park, Reverse, Neutral, Drive, Drive3, Drive2, Drive1). As I don't drive manual, I don't know when to use the other drives. Any clues? By the way, why don't floor mats come with the Fit?
I've had my LX auto since April 3 and I may be prejudiced but I love my tranny. In -20C a mechanic buddy said to NOT let the trans. shift for a minute or 2. So I start off in 1 then 2 then D3. Up to 80K and into drive.
On slippery roads I use 2 to start off and then D.

I ease off on the gas a bit when shifting.

P.S. In B.C., the lower gears might also come in handy when coming down hills.

Last edited by willmax11; 01-27-2007 at 09:16 AM.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:26 PM
By no means am I trying to slam the auto... I have just never tried it so I cannot offer any input... An ex girlfriend of mine had her 91 Si hatchback in an auto, and that was a blast to drive, so I am sure that the Fit is as well, as I find those two cars to be similar in so many ways... As for the floormats, yeah, I was a little irritated that the Fit didn't come with them, and they are pretty pricy from the dealer, but I would still personally recommend adding them, because I think the cheapish carpeting would stain and wear out pretty quick without them. You could buy a set off of eBay, or get a factory set in the States somewhere, but I wouldn't just use generic (fit all car) mats, as the floor area in the front is quite defined, and generic mats would probably turn out to be a great irritance - shifting around, bunching under the pedals etc... Unless you were to cut them yourself.

Old 01-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Hi,
So the lower drives (e.g. 1, 2, make the car slow down?) On my 89 Civic DX HBack (which I will miss dearlly as it was mandated by AirCare to go to the scrap-yard) I used the lower gears to get up a hill, but I thought it ate up more gas.
Phixator, I think I will get both all-weather and carpet floormats then. I was also a bit peeved that the cargo-cover didn't come with the car either. And you're right, the carpet on the Fit is cheapish. Especially when you even compare to my 1989 HB. Also, my 89 had cargo cover and those levers to move the mirrors. Which DX doesn't even come with. But I had bought my 89 used, so maybe those were options that were put on.
Thanks everybody for your info and knowledge