General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Juliane
I haven't seen any yet. Saw a Cube a while back, it was the shits.

Yeah, Corollas are crappy nowdays, all plastic and cheap, thanks to the CAFE standards they took out all the good material and put in more plastic. I drove one before I went back to the Fit. Hubby just didn't want me to be a Honda driver, I guess, kept pointing me back to Toyota! I won that one! Yay me!

p.s. I found the filter in my Dyson, I had forgotten where it was. It wasn't dirty - does yours look dirty when you wash it?
yah, im not too fond of the Cube either. i suppose there
is really no way of knowing wat these cars are like until
you see it in person. ive seen the cube in japan a while
back and i agree, was a werd looking thing.

ive owned a 03 (or maybe it was a 04) corolla in the
past so i know from experience it is not a
enthusiast's car. wife just wanted it cause it was
inexpensive and people kept saying how reliable they
were. i hated how the car looked and how it drove.

luckily it got into a perfect accident where it was
damaged substantially without anyone getting hurt and
not at fault... after it was repaired it was traded in for
a new (at the time) legacywgn. it was quite an
improvement as a "car" over the coroLOLa dishwasher,
but reliabilty was lost terribly...subaru is such a pos
when it comes to reliability. this was the 2nd subaru
and the last.

so, came back to my normal self and got the FitS for
the wife to use.

yah, the filter on the Dyson appears pretty clean until
you run it under some water. then you'll see the dust
wash out.

Last edited by kenchan; 06-09-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan

luckily it got into a perfect accident where it was
damaged substantially without anyone getting hurt and
not at fault... after it was repaired it was traded in for
a new (at the time) legacywgn. it was quite an
improvement as a "car" over the coroLOLa dishwasher,
but reliabilty was lost terribly...subaru is such a pos
when it comes to reliability. this was the 2nd subaru
and the last.
Wow, that's good to know I was saving for a WRX, hmmmmm crap maybe I'll dump more into the Fit now. Mazda 3speed I should check the forums.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
honestly speaking although im not a fan of mazda, the MS3's are much better cars than the WRX. even if it does torque steer like a mad horse.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
so i ended up cleaning the filter on my Dyson yesterday after doing the vac.
i always do the 1st floor on one day and 2nd floor the following day. not a
big house or anything, just dont like vac'ing all day long (or wat it feels like).

and on my BALL Dyson, the filter was on the ball and at the TOP of the trash
canister. for some reason i thought it was on the bottom earlier.

drying the filter this week.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I am going to get out my filter and wash it out today. I think it's funny how this thread has become all about our Dysons!!

Old 06-10-2009, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
hahaha yah, i used my MF towel/foam pad cleaner from
Griot's to do the filter cleaning. worked great. it gets the
last bit of dirt/dust out.

then i held the filter with both hands and swung it towards my
sink to fling the water out. THAT worked real well. nono, really,
it didn't end up in another room in the house or anything.

that action took most of the water out so my filter was
pretty dry this am.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member
oh yah, i got that jar of lol's meguiar's blue (soft) clay.

wow, the jar's like the size of a large peanut butter container
but the content (clay bar) was like the size of a small bath soap
at hotels. haahha.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:42 PM
5 Year Member
Researchers: Earth and Venus may collide in 3.5 billion years

i better put that in my blackberry calendar...lol

they better not be doing these meaningless reseach from our tax dollars.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Researchers: Earth and Venus may collide in 3.5 billion years

i better put that in my blackberry calendar...lol

they better not be doing these meaningless reseach from our tax dollars.
Is that when the sun starts cooling and loses it's gravitational pull. I think Dyson can figure something out.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member
yah, i mean come on. if it was going to hit in like 35yrs or watever, definitely worth a look but 3.5billion years. im going to be fossilized fuel by then. stop wasting our hard earned cash.

anyway, the driving home from work was enjoyable as always in my FitS. still looking for a nice set of cheap wheels. hahaha.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Bought a used Last Station Power Box and replaced my Password Whale Penis. Partial throttle response improved and whoot factor lessened. Wide open, Password has better low end torque while the LSPB yanks better after 4k.

Hmm, I think I might put the Whale back in for autoXing weekends. I noticed the LSPB has a very small filter. I think I might change it and see what happens to low end torque.

Go with the Grey Grams at Tire Rack (look at the H-Fit car looks like mine) at 200 bucks each that's a good deal. I know it's not like the 88 dollar Drags or Rotas but, can't beat the fit and finish of Rays or Enkeis. The Grey has a blueish tinge matches the SSM nicely.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
hey sounds good on the intake. a while ago i had the H-Fit intake and it worked well. im back to my stock intake for now. i kinda like the quieter cabin...although the megan axle-back doesnt really help. hahahaha.

as far as wheels for this car im not planning on spending any more than 120/wheel. part of what makes the Fit such a fun car to own is how dirt cheap it is to mod. no offense to anyone, but it's like a joke to me.

when i first got the DR21's with tires for like $650 for the set (included a 10% sales tax), i was telling the wife i bought one wheel at a discount and got the other 3 wheels and 4 tires mounted for free. going by my usual wheel sets she was like so you spent $2600 (650x4) for the wheels and tires? that's a nice deal you found. and i was like nono, $650 for the set with tires. she was like WOW! not that she cares. wife and i split our allowance so we dont give ourselves crap for wat we buy.

the full set wouldn't even pay for one front wheel (without tires) on my G...

Old 06-10-2009, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
hey looks like saturday's going to be partly cloudy. got my clay so it might be a nice day to do some Griot's PaintSealant after some claying.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:26 AM
hey sounds good on the intake. a while ago i had the H-Fit intake and it worked well. im back to my stock intake for now. i kinda like the quieter cabin...although the megan axle-back doesnt really help. hahahaha.
My buddy had the H-Fit intake but, the screws kept falling out. I thought that intake was pretty quiet. Both my intakes are louder than the H-Fit but better.

as far as wheels for this car im not planning on spending any more than 120/wheel. part of what makes the Fit such a fun car to own is how dirt cheap it is to mod. no offense to anyone, but it's like a joke to me.
It's funny you said that because I didn't think twice about spending 2k on my Titans wheels. I started out getting some polished Maxxim Spoon replicas for 800 with tires the guy said he guaranteed it wouldn't rub. Sold my stockies and two days later they started working on the off ramp to my community.(rub rub) Took it back and the only thing they had was the Grams what 1000 more. Any way I really really like it now no pitting, polishing (like new).

When i first got the DR21's with tires for like $650 for the set (included a 10% sales tax), i was telling the wife i bought one wheel at a discount and got the other 3 wheels and 4 tires mounted for free. going by my usual wheel sets she was like so you spent $2600 (650x4) for the wheels and tires? that's a nice deal you found. and i was like nono, $650 for the set with tires. she was like WOW! not that she cares. wife and i split our allowance so we dont give ourselves crap for wat we buy.

the full set wouldn't even pay for one front wheel (without tires) on my G...
But, I bet you the G wheels are still good. Spend a little more and make it last for the life of the FitS. Just a thought

Last edited by tanukifit; 06-11-2009 at 03:30 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-11-2009, 08:08 AM
5 Year Member
Sounds good that your new intake is better than the HFit. the gain on the HFit wasn't bad; i didnt have any issues with mine. No screws falling off or that cracking some folks had at the neck. Mine was in perfect like-new condition when I sold it.
There may have been a bad lot or something.

Yah, about the wheels, especially for the FitS imho cheaper is better. THAT makes it worthwhile to mod this car. But again you have a point that if I'm buying 2-3 sets of wheels its like spending a tad more on one more expensive set. The issue for this time though, was my car was in an accident so I had a claims check to get the Slips for free and 2x the cash left over to save up. If it wasn't for the accident I was planning to just sand/paint the DR21's for a refresh this year. hahahha.

But the decision on the Slips was not the right one for me this time. They look good to a lot of younger folks but just not my style.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
Was a near perfect drive to work this am... Meaning, I only stopped at one light and all the others were green. very smooth.

Nice and cool outside = nice torque too.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
check out my TW for the Rota Slipstreams...

click here.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
still can't decide wat i want for F-day... thought about getting a CD player since my stereo's one died, but then i realized i had a studio (rack mountable) CD recorder i wasn't using so started using that. works great.

i suppose a new 31 band equalizer for my music gear would be nice since mine is now almost 20yrs old since purchase and the sliders are a tad scratchy.... but i know a bit of cleaning spray (RC car motor spray) and lube (WD40) can fix that.

so im thinking something for the garage... but i got pretty much all the tools and cabinets/carts I need at the moment.

and i have like 5 pairs of driving shoes (piloti's and slippers) so dont need any more shoes.

hummmm...

Old 06-11-2009, 09:03 PM
I bought a Samsung BluRay with Netflix and Pandora for my wife on Mother's day. Now, my daughter can watch streaming versions of Kipper and my wife and I can get our weekend movies back. Equalizers, that's old school get a up to date 7.1 with digital effects. If you're into high end stuff check out the Onkyo pro 7.1 I think they have one that's even more now. Pretty impressive. My friend gave me his Aragon D/A converter. That was the bomb back in the day. Now I think I'll use it for a good set of headphones.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
hey sounds good. streaming video is the way to go imho. i dont watch tv these days and watch everything pretty much online while streaming..i just dont have time to really sit down and watch unless i force myself. just too darn busy with other things.

yah, the EQ is for my music gear as in my synth (Roland FantomG8), not for my stereo. on my synth i have digital out, but on purpose run analog outs and use analog EQ. then run it though a tube compressor before it gets re-sampled and run through my mastering booth with full DSP treatment. it's a trick some of us studio guys use when we want a particular sound.

so i dont use eq on my stereo. i just use the direct out from the CD player. they sure dont make the nice warm sounding amps like they use to do back in the 70's and 80's. i still listen to music on my old Onkyo integrated amp from the late 80's. hahaha! hooked up are a pair of nearfield tannoy monitors and a small Energy sub. wat i like about it is it's a very simple and pure setup so you really get to hear wat the CD sounds like... not over processed over/biased consumer stereo/speakers that is typically listened to in an acoustically uncontrolled room in the house. hahaha.

as far as headphones i use AKG 240, 7506, and senh's depending on the application. i deal with acoustics at work so have other headphoes but for my application the above 3 types seem to do everything i need.

i found a real simple 31band/channel by dbx that should work nicely to replace my old 31band/channel one. i think im going with that as my F-day present.

Quick Reply: The Official Blog from GD to GE to GK to GTI to R?