Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Obligatory First Post

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 11:32 AM
Obligatory First Post

Hello Everyone!

Well, yesterday I went out a bought a '13 Fit (base). I've had my eye on them for some time. This will be a commuter and "do nearly everything" car for both me and my wife. I've owned it less that 24 hours but I already like it a lot. The motor even with an auto can get out of it's own way at least. Thankfully the car w/38K on it has new Michelin Defenders on it so at least there isn't much road noise for such a little car. The bad news is now I don't have a ready made practical excuse to put better wheels on. My teenager already likes "refresh mode" when we were driving to school this morning.

First thing this morning I'm buying Husky floor liners for front and rear, along with a cargo liner that covers the seat backs, cargo area and has a flap to go over the bumper too. I'll likely do seat covers too as that fabric doesn't look like it'll hold up to too many years of hard use. I've seen the clazzios and they look great but I'm not sure I'm ready to drop that much money on an interior that while it is well thought out, is still made with cheap materials. I'll likely go neoprene or faux-neoprene.

I know I've got a lot to read! Thanks for being here.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:38 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
good choice on the husky liners!

Old 06-07-2017, 09:49 PM
Thanks...

Ordered the Husky mats, and the cargo liner. I'm doing the neoprene covers via the Costco deal, going to go with a 35% tint (gotta wait for appt at shop that does lifetime manufacturer warranty) and I think swap the head unit for a lower end Alpine unit w/Bluetooth. I was going to do GPS but.....nah. now I'll have an extra din cubby hole (like the Fit needs one). That'll be plenty for the first week. Then once I wear these tires out I'll do wheels. The suspension for a subcompact is good for now. I'm not trying to make these a little ralley crosser or anything.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:49 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, this day and age, unless the HU has Carplay/AndroidAuto, just go with a simple HU with BT and use your smartphone for maps!