For those of you hoping that CarPlay would be coming to older models... - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Go Back  Unofficial Honda FIT Forums > Fit Modifications > Fit I.C.E.
Reload this Page >

For those of you hoping that CarPlay would be coming to older models...

Fit I.C.E. Threads discussing in-car electronics including audio, video, security, and navigation systems for the Honda Fit/Jazz

Old 05-19-2015, 10:49 PM

Honda has confirmed via Twitter that CarPlay will not be backwards compatible,

Old 06-18-2015, 10:09 AM
Rushed out to market before firmware/software could be debugged, sells vehicle without the feature yet still advertises it has it...way to go Honda.

Old 06-18-2015, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by LouisCameron View Post
Honda has confirmed via Twitter that CarPlay will not be backwards compatible, https://twitter.com/Honda/status/599365891147624449.
Link

I'm hoping they mean previous generation cars. Since the '16 Fit sounds like it's just a continuation of the '15, I would presume CarPlay would work. Unless they changed the head unit (in which case I would presume one could swap it out).

es

Old 06-18-2015, 04:51 PM
Administrator
You're not missing much unless you don't have Navigation in your car

CarPlay is still very 1.0, going to need several updates to be really effective. I have it on my Pioneer 6000NEX and I prefer the installed Pioneer software over CarPlay

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.