Sequential LED Tail Light Upgrade for 3rd Gen - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Go Back  Unofficial Honda FIT Forums > Fit Modifications > Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination
Reload this Page >

Sequential LED Tail Light Upgrade for 3rd Gen

Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Old 03-06-2019, 12:47 PM

Hello,

I recently ordered the 2014+ XB LED Headlight Kit and was wondering if there were any nice LED tail light kits out there. I would like something with the same LED sequential indicators to match the front. I really don't like how my Fit has rear indicators/hazards the same red as the brake lights. They should be amber/yellow in my opinion to differentiate themselves from brake lights. I don't mind keeping the same housing, in fact I'd kind of prefer that to save a bit of cost. Thank you! I'll link a video of the headlights to get an idea of how I'm imagining the tail lights.

Old 03-06-2019, 12:57 PM
The tail lights turn signals are small and way too low (to be seen from drivers behind) to be meaningful. You want something like on the current Mustangs and Audi's. If you had something along the lower edge of the rear spoiler, then that would be better. That is the reason I wired my pillar lights to my turn signal. They are vertical and higher up so that drivers behind me can see the turn signal.

Old 03-06-2019, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
The tail lights turn signals are small and way too low (to be seen from drivers behind) to be meaningful. You want something like on the current Mustangs and Audi's. If you had something along the lower edge of the rear spoiler, then that would be better. That is the reason I wired my pillar lights to my turn signal. They are vertical and higher up so that drivers behind me can see the turn signal.
Yeah, I'm kinda going for that Audi look. How did you wire yours up? Any photos?

Old 03-06-2019, 02:05 PM
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1373259

I have since added LED rear turn signal bulbs so everything flashes in unison. Just to lazy to make a recording.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Stephen Lawson View Post
Hello,

I recently ordered the 2014+ XB LED Headlight Kit and was wondering if there were any nice LED tail light kits out there. I would like something with the same LED sequential indicators to match the front. I really don't like how my Fit has rear indicators/hazards the same red as the brake lights. They should be amber/yellow in my opinion to differentiate themselves from brake lights. I don't mind keeping the same housing, in fact I'd kind of prefer that to save a bit of cost. Thank you! I'll link a video of the headlights to get an idea of how I'm imagining the tail lights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lAslPlnHDY
Hey guys,

I've done a bit of research and I've found two cool options. One on eBay for about $290. And one on AliExpress for $370. I actually ordered the eBay one because I didn't see the Ali one until today. Here's the Ali one running, it has a cool effect.

https://youtu.be/vFbeK58HFkg

Has anybody bought any of these or had any experience with them? Has anyone ordered anything drom AliExpress?

Old 03-14-2019, 02:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Stephen Lawson View Post
Hey guys,

I've done a bit of research and I've found two cool options. One on eBay for about $290. And one on AliExpress for $370. I actually ordered the eBay one because I didn't see the Ali one until today. Here's the Ali one running, it has a cool effect.

https://youtu.be/vFbeK58HFkg

Has anybody bought any of these or had any experience with them? Has anyone ordered anything drom AliExpress?
I was looking at this today as well. I dont know about the bulbs though and if they are direct plug and play with the USDM models.. I heard the headlights were plug and play so i ordered those at least. THe OEM taillights with the pillar LED have kinda covered the lighting for me in the back.