Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

BROKEN FOG light lens questions and protections

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 07:12 AM
5 Year Member
thank you for the info and entertainment!

Old 05-27-2006, 06:10 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
hahahaha love the little diagram....funny!!

Old 05-28-2006, 08:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Edwood
Nice. Had the Fit for 3 days.

How durable are the xpel ones?
The xpel ones ROCK! Sorry about the pun there.

I had the same issue with my 03 Element. It wasn't quite as fast, but after the first winter, I noticed both were broken.

I replaced them and then used xpel on them. They have been fine since.

I see the xpel precuts for the Fit are only full headlight and foglight kits. I'll probably just buy some and cut it myself...

Last edited by rjm161; 05-28-2006 at 08:15 AM.
Old 05-29-2006, 03:41 AM
Originally Posted by rjm161
The xpel ones ROCK! Sorry about the pun there.

I had the same issue with my 03 Element. It wasn't quite as fast, but after the first winter, I noticed both were broken.

I replaced them and then used xpel on them. They have been fine since.

I see the xpel precuts for the Fit are only full headlight and foglight kits. I'll probably just buy some and cut it myself...
if you call them you can order just the foglight kit actually i have an extra set (they sent me a clear one by accident) if anyone wants it $10 shipped

SOLD!!!!

Last edited by siccmonkey; 05-29-2006 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:44 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by siccmonkey
if you call them you can order just the foglight kit actually i have an extra set (they sent me a clear one by accident) if anyone wants it $10 shipped
I'll take those foglight shields off your hands........PM me and let me know how you want to set up pmt.

Jim

Old 05-29-2006, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by siccmonkey
If they send you a third set, I want on your list

Old 05-29-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by conchewski
If they send you a third set, I want on your list
LoL

if you call them and order some it comes out to just under $20 after shipping , and since they charge $7.95 for shipping you might as well order a bunch of stuff

Old 05-29-2006, 11:44 PM
Are other people having issues with broken foglights on Fits? My 3000GT has foglights that are low to the ground, and I've had to replace one due to rock damage in 14 years. Ticked me off and cost like $30 - $40 for the new glass lens. The glass was very thick though.

Did the guy who started this thread have really bad luck or are the foglights on the Fit easy to break?

Old 05-30-2006, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kdepew
Are other people having issues with broken foglights on Fits? My 3000GT has foglights that are low to the ground, and I've had to replace one due to rock damage in 14 years. Ticked me off and cost like $30 - $40 for the new glass lens. The glass was very thick though.

Did the guy who started this thread have really bad luck or are the foglights on the Fit easy to break?
I don't know about his ordeal, but the ones on my Element felt like thick glass and they both broke very quickly. I think the combination of stones popping up from the road and doing 85 to 90 mph doesn't help the situation. I am sure that is how mine broke...

Old 05-30-2006, 12:18 PM
BF1
Originally Posted by kdepew

It is some of both,I also cracked a wind shield from a rock,so my luck has been poor. The location of the lights do make them more likely to be damaged.If you haven't protected them yet,do it soon. The xpel stuff should be cheap insurance. Got some on order right now. Bill

Old 06-04-2006, 12:41 AM
I read this post a couple of days ago and went to the Lamin-X website and ordered one sheet of their clear 4" x 8" 40 mil self-adhesive material. It was at my post office (shipped priority mail) in two days!

I took a sheet of notebook paper, placed it into the fog light housing and traced out a nice template. I then used the template to cut out the protective films for the fog lights. The 4x8 sheet was big enough to actually get 3 fog light cut-outs if you're careful. I cut two and saved the extra material.

These were installed on each fog light lens from the front (light/lens removal not necessary!). I spent about 5 minutes on each light and it worked beautifully! I even cut about 1/16" too big, and found it was easy to tuck the extra between the skirt and the light itself. Just needed to be careful, as I carefully pushed the extra in with a small flat-bladed screwdriver - too much pressure there and you could put little nicks in the skirt material around the edges of the light.

I've had my AT Sport model for about 10 days, and I'm glad I read this post and got the lights protected before incurring any damage. Thanks.

Any ideas on how to protect the underside of the front skirt from scrapes? I just started a new post on that one...

Old 07-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Thumbs up Foglight Protection

A tip for folks that have Honda Foglights. I just installed a foglight protection kit from Rockblocker.com. $17.95 plus shipping. Cheap insurance. I have an Acura TSX that has very similar foglights to the Fit and they were both broken inside of 3 months. If you get the kit from Rockblocker get the one that fits the TSX. (same size and I don't think they make one specific to the Fit as of yet) They are pre-cut and easy to install with the supplied rubber squeege. You can also get it in Blue & Yellow I think.

One more tip. If you use this product only use your fogs while you are moving as they can yellow on a car that is not in motion due to the heat.

Old 07-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
got some pics of what your talkin about?

Old 07-05-2006, 04:38 PM
No pics. Rockblocker is a precut 3m film that you peel off the paper backing like a sticker and rub on to the fogs. Go to Rockblocker.com Hope that helps.

Old 07-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
ah... i see now..

Old 07-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Great idea. Did the TSX kit fit really well? I'll have to get a set of these once my Fit comes in.

Old 07-05-2006, 08:39 PM
They fit real well. I just trimmed a sliver around the edges of the film. (I may not have had to do that) Can't even tell they are there. Anyone can install these. They were a snap to put in. Honda fogs are just too expensive to replace. I got the replacement fogs for the TSX off of E-Bay at a real good price.

Old 07-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Yellow would be cool.

Old 07-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Retired Moderator
I almost got it, but they wanna charge me $10 for shipping!

Old 07-06-2006, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
Can't have the fogs on while at a stop? what kinda bullcrap is that?
You'd kinda expect a product like that to be a little more durable...

Quick Reply: BROKEN FOG light lens questions and protections