Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

BROKEN FOG light lens questions and protections

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
I wanna protect my investment and also add a littly bit of style to it. I was originally going to get some yellow bulbs but some yellow protective film sounds like it may be a better option....
Any thoughts? How yellow are the lights when illuminated?

Old 07-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by GoFits
I wanna protect my investment and also add a littly bit of style to it. I was originally going to get some yellow bulbs but some yellow protective film sounds like it may be a better option....
Any thoughts? How yellow are the lights when illuminated?
Lamin-X yellow film installed onto fog lights with yellow bulbs

Old 07-07-2006, 08:56 AM
What's the benefit of yellow beams vs white? Does it just look cool, or is there a scientific reason due to differences in the wavelength and how it is affected by fog?

Old 07-07-2006, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
Are those universial-cut-it-yourself or does lamin-x have some pre-cuts out for the fit?
How yellow were your fogs with just the film and clear bulbs jdmparts?

Old 07-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Wow, all of them look great.

I just had a few questions..
If you wanted to, how do you take it off once it's applyed on to the lense surface?

is there a special chemical solution?

Old 07-08-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by BF1
Got a Fit Sport with the fog lights,just over 1500 miles and both foglihts are broken,stones from cars in front. Any body know of any stoneguards made for the Fit,before I replace the lights? Thanks in advance for any help on this. Bill
Another thing that might help in the future, back off of the car infront of you, I used to get stone chips all over the hood of my Prelude. The paint guy here told me to back off about 10 more feet. No More chips, no broken fog lights. I would definelty check with your dealership to see if they can get honda to cover them.

Old 07-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Master FitFreaker
Originally Posted by jdmparts@gmail.com
Lamin-X yellow film installed onto fog lights with yellow bulbs

how thick were your film?? the one I got from xpel were pretty thick and I'm glad i got it cuz now I feel better driving behind trucks

Old 07-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by aziatiklover
how thick were your film?? the one I got from xpel were pretty thick and I'm glad i got it cuz now I feel better driving behind trucks
17 mil

I too was glad it was nice & thick to protect from rock chips as well as look good

Old 07-08-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by GoFits
Are those universial-cut-it-yourself or does lamin-x have some pre-cuts out for the fit?
How yellow were your fogs with just the film and clear bulbs jdmparts?
I purchased a 4inch x 6inch sheet and just cut them myself. Fog lights are easy since they are small and have no complicated bends like tail lights.

I do not have pictures of the yellow film with clear bulbs, I don't think they would shine that yellow since the film is designed to let light pass through.

Old 07-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Foglight cover cracked

Today I noticed a large hole and crack in the foglight cover. The foglight works fine but am wondering does the entire housing need to be replaced or can just the cover be changed out? I found foglight parts on a site and it shows only the light and housing available and the housing is 143.25. Was hoping this would be a cheap fix. Any ideas are appreciated.

Old 07-10-2006, 12:27 PM
BF1
I didn't find any thing other than the whole module when both of them broke on mine. Before you install the new ones go to the main forum here and look up the thread titled Fog Light Stoneguards to get some protection for them before you break any more. Bill

Old 07-10-2006, 12:27 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
you should be able to replace just the lense part of it.. i know people have replaced that part with a yellow lesne to give their car that JDM look so it should be do-able with just a clear one too

Old 08-14-2006, 06:40 PM
JDM Fogs

My driver side foglight got busted and the dealer quoted me $227 for a new light and $100 for installation. Are there any JDM foglights, and how much would they be?

Old 08-14-2006, 07:52 PM
I found them online here for $151.00. I have never ordered from them but alot of folks here have. Hope it helps. I am sure you can install them yourself as well. $100? I would find another dealership in the area. One that is not going to screw you.
http://www.collegehillshondaparts.com/

002 33901-SLN-A01ZB FOGLIGHT UNIT, R.
( NIGHTHAWK BLACK PEARL ) 1 2007 FIT 194.12 151.41 Qty:

Last edited by 8251reefer; 08-14-2006 at 10:33 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:03 PM
I think you can install it yourself. I have followed the instruction of changing the light bulb. It requires to take off the whole fog light, so I assume changing the fog light housing are the same. it's very easy and only take 5 mins.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by clk1022
I think you can install it yourself. I have followed the instruction of changing the light bulb. It requires to take off the whole fog light, so I assume changing the fog light housing are the same. it's very easy and only take 5 mins.
You don't have to takethe whole fog light assembly off to change a bulb, all you have to do is turn your wheel to the inside of the car, pull on clip out of the the fender liner and you have access to change the bulb, which is the same thing to change a headlamp bulb, it's rather easy to do and take a few minutes.

Old 12-14-2006, 07:45 AM
Replacing front fog light glass.

Does anyone know what's involved in doing this and/or have an opinion on how often they get broken?

I've only had my Jazz for three months and mine got broken either on the way home last night or in to work this morning. I haven't knowingly hit anything and the bulb and surrounding spoiler are fine so I assume it's from a stone.

It looks to me like you have to remove part of the wheel arch cover and for that amount of hassle and cost I think I'll ignore it. It's not all that obvious unless you're looking for it anyway.

Comments?

Old 12-14-2006, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
The USDM model is very easy to access (see picture). Have you checked your manual?

Old 12-14-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by 4dr4life!
The USDM model is very easy to access (see picture). Have you checked your manual?
I hadn't had a chance to as I only found out about it when I got to work. I'm home now though and I don't think it's as easy on mine. To change the bulb we have to unscrew the tray underneath the lamp (so for starters access will be tricky without a ramp given the low ground clearence).

The manual doesn't appear to say how to replace the glass.

Looking at your diagram it appears that your model has a separate housing that can be removed. On the UK model that is an integral part of the spoiler. Anything I do to the fog light needs access to the rear of the spoiler. Presumably you have to unscrew everything and withdraw it.

Changing a bulb might just be a nuisance but changing the glass could be really tricky.

Old 12-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Question

Hi AndrueC,
I have a broken Driver side fog light too but I understood I had to pay $250+ for new fogs (which I don't need, just need the glass) in order to fix my problem.
This doesn't sound true by your post.
Do you know of a place that sells just the glass?
If so, please share.
Many thanks,

Quick Reply: BROKEN FOG light lens questions and protections