Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Whats really better? Bi-Xenon HIDs or High end H4 replacements

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Whats really better? Bi-Xenon HIDs or High end H4 replacements

I'm in need of some new lights for the Fit.. the road trip last night in the dark made me realize this fact.

I have Mtec H4 lights in the Fit right now and they are terrible... I know that there is a headlight aiming issue with the Fit and I am going to do this after I replace my Mtec bulbs.

I am looking at the 130-170 dollar HID Bi-Xenon kits that are available on ebay... but I am a little skeptical that these are good quality kits and that the life span on these bulbs/kits may be short...

on the other hand... I am looking at Raybrig or PIAA H4 replacements... these bulbs are high quality and are backed by years of development and a good warranty...

I had HIDs in my previous vehicle.. i know they have great output, but they also have some drawbacks..

So I want your honest opnions... $80 for PIAA/Raybrig H4 bulbs or is it really worth the the double cost to go to HIDs with Bi-Xenon bulbs.... (telescopic ones).

Old 09-11-2007, 12:46 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
I'd go for HID's!! You wont' regret it. I've had HID's on my previous 2 cars and i wont' drive with anything else. 6000K is the way to go. However, i don't kwno if i'd trust Ebay. I can get a REALLY good BiXenon kit for about $300 CND

Old 09-12-2007, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
I would go with this HID kit from Mod Express. The Kit start out at 140 and for bi-xenon it 175. Check them out: Mod Express Inc. - High Quality HID Conversion Kits & World Class Customer Service Is Only One Click Away!

or go on Honda-tech
Honda-Tech.com: Miscellaneous and Appearance: Mod Express HID Kits only $140! www.Mod-Express.com Promo Code: hondatech

I be ordering my kit very soon, plus I check them out on Friend 350z and they are really nice.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Just installed the Mod-Express kit a couple of days ago. Big thumbs up, I used the hondatech code and they were on my doorstep in matter of days. I am very happy with the product, and everything seemed high quality.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by mog555
Just installed the Mod-Express kit a couple of days ago. Big thumbs up, I used the hondatech code and they were on my doorstep in matter of days. I am very happy with the product, and everything seemed high quality.
Did you get the Bi-Xenon kit? high and low beam H4? How is the glare? and how is the cut off? I am really interested in this set..

Old 09-12-2007, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mog555
Which one did you get the 6k 8k ....etc. ? Also can you take some pic.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:17 PM
I went with 6k, I don't have any pics, maybe if I have time tonight. My previous car had factory projector HID that autoleveled, these certainly don't have the same beam, but it is absolutely worlds better than the stock lamps. 6k is closest to daylight, so looks white maybe a bit blue compared to standard halogen.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
If you don't want to buy from modexpress.com (great company), you can buy from xenithxenons.com. They are also on honda-tech and have their own website, i think he's a vendor here also! It's about the same price as modexpress.

As for the topic, GET BI-XENON'S u wont' get dissapointed. They will last longer, be brighter, the glare isn't as bad as people say, and it looks awesome when it's warming up! =]

Old 09-12-2007, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
I thinking of getting the 8k

Old 09-12-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
If you don't want to buy from modexpress.com (great company), you can buy from xenithxenons.com. They are also on honda-tech and have their own website, i think he's a vendor here also! It's about the same price as modexpress.

As for the topic, GET BI-XENON'S u wont' get dissapointed. They will last longer, be brighter, the glare isn't as bad as people say, and it looks awesome when it's warming up! =]
I think I am going to get Bi-Xenons... now its the deciding factor of getting them with the dual bulb (low HID, high Halogen) or the sliding ones that have both high/low beam as HID....

Whats better?

Old 09-12-2007, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by YeeFit
I think I am going to get Bi-Xenons... now its the deciding factor of getting them with the dual bulb (low HID, high Halogen) or the sliding ones that have both high/low beam as HID....

Whats better?
I'm going with both. It really up to you. Are you going to use the high beam all the time then go with the bi-xenon

Old 09-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Anyone know how the glare is? is it bad? is there still a decent cutoff?

Old 09-12-2007, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone know how the glare is? is it bad? is there still a decent cutoff?
My friend 350 z had no glare and I heard over at honda tech that no had a glare problem. just check out over a honda tech

Old 09-12-2007, 01:17 PM
There is more dispersion than on a projector HID, and the cutoff looks nothing like my Audi did, but I have yet to be flashed and my unscientific test where I bent over till I got blinded, showed the beam was down far enough it shouldn't distract your average driver.

Old 09-12-2007, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member

Whats better?
do NOT get the hi/low kit. Spend the extra money and get a true bi-xenon kit with a moving bulb. The reason why is because the h1 bulb on the hi/low kits are completely overpowered by the HID so u don't see anything different. When u get a bi-xenon kit, the same same HID light just gets aimed higher which lights up the sky!! Also, if the h1 bulb burns out, u can't replace it! How do i know? I put the hi/low kit in my mom's 2005 nissan pathfinder and when she flashes her high beams, u can't see more then 10 feet in front of you cuz it doesn't do anything. Since i know some HID guys, i got the bi-xenon bulbs (only) shipped out to me and it was a night and day difference. She loves the high beam now.

As for the cutoff, yeah im not gonna say it's like an audi or a TSX or even close 2 a retrofit, but in the fit's housings it's not that bad and has sort of a distinct line, not crisp but focused. Our outer headlight plastic is clear so there aren't any extra light intrusions to create even more glare. I have never been flashed and i've had HID's on my car for over a year, i even adjusted the headlight beam a little higher.

To azncarbos, i don't recommend 8000k cuz:
1) it's less light output then the 5000k or 6000k kits and doesn't do much but turn everything blue.
2) you WILL get a ticket, and sometimes it's not a fix-it ticket, u gotta take it in to a state referee and they are the worst places! u will fail for EVERYTHING!!!
3) 6000k is the sexiest shade iIt has a slight shade of blue and looks amazing in the VBP housing (looks good in any housing actually)

Trust me i know HID'S ive installed like 20 kits from 3 different companies, all with no problems and at all shades, 5000k, 6000k, 8000k, 3000k, and the ugliest 12000k which doesn't do CRAPPP.

Old 09-12-2007, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
To azncarbos, i don't recommend 8000k cuz:
1) it's less light output then the 5000k or 6000k kits and doesn't do much but turn everything blue.
2) you WILL get a ticket, and sometimes it's not a fix-it ticket, u gotta take it in to a state referee and they are the worst places! u will fail for EVERYTHING!!!
3) 6000k is the sexiest shade iIt has a slight shade of blue and looks amazing in the VBP housing (looks good in any housing actually)

Trust me i know HID'S ive installed like 20 kits from 3 different companies, all with no problems and at all shades, 5000k, 6000k, 8000k, 3000k, and the ugliest 12000k which doesn't do CRAPPP.
Hey the one on your at the last meeting those were 6k right. Alright I'm going to the 6k one. Thanks man Are you going to this month meeting

Last edited by azncarbos; 09-12-2007 at 02:18 PM.