Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Dome Light Replacement - Recall?

  #1  
Old 01-22-2008, 08:28 AM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 139
Dome Light Replacement - Recall?

Well, I've had my FIT for just over a month now and have put ~1800kms on it. What's the first thing that goes? The damn dome light. I noticed that it wasn't working about a week ago, so I ordered an LED replacement.

Now, has anyone else encountered this? You'd think considering that the car is brand new that the light wouldn't burn out that quickly, so I'm starting to wonder if there might be a problem with that actual dome light assembly.

Also, when I get around to replacing the bulb, is the dome light cover just a pop-off? Or is there a 'special' way of getting access to the bulb. What about the rear cargo area light?
 
  #2  
Old 01-22-2008, 09:00 AM
osborne's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seminole, Florida, USA
Posts: 1,164
Originally Posted by ImPuLsIvE.ca View Post
Now, has anyone else encountered this? You'd think considering that the car is brand new that the light wouldn't burn out that quickly, so I'm starting to wonder if there might be a problem with that actual dome light assembly.
It is always safe to say that there shouldn't be something wrong with anything that is brand new, but there is always the possibility of a minor error (or major error) in a mass produced product. In your case it is most likely that you had a bad bulb.

Originally Posted by ImPuLsIvE.ca View Post
Also, when I get around to replacing the bulb, is the dome light cover just a pop-off? Or is there a 'special' way of getting access to the bulb. What about the rear cargo area light?
Both of those covers pop off with a little help from a butter knife or screw driver.
 
  #3  
Old 01-22-2008, 12:26 PM
doctordoom's Avatar
Supervillain
5 Year Member
iTrader: (7)
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles/Orange County
Posts: 4,261
do you use your dome light often? i have ~24000 miles on my car and the light is still ok. i barely ever use it though, it's always in the off position and i only turn it on when i need it.
 
  #4  
Old 01-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 139
Originally Posted by doctordoom View Post
do you use your dome light often? i have ~24000 miles on my car and the light is still ok. i barely ever use it though, it's always in the off position and i only turn it on when i need it.
It's only on when there's a door open. That's it. I checked the light assembly and the power is being supplied just fine. The light however is toast. I guess I'll see what happens whenever the LED replacement arrives.
 
  #5  
Old 01-22-2008, 02:37 PM
kenchan's Avatar
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: OG Club
Posts: 20,283
just sounds like you got a bad one.

btw, recall's usually only happen when there is a safety issue.
otherwise you get tsb's at best or just warranty repair.
 
  #6  
Old 01-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 139
Yep. I just got the LED replacement bulb yesterday. Man what a world of difference over the factory light. I can actually see stuff when I turn it on now, not just shadows!
 
  #7  
Old 02-12-2008, 01:56 AM
copilot18's Avatar
New Member
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San DIego
Posts: 26
What kind of Led bulb did u get and where?
 
  #8  
Old 11-03-2008, 10:53 PM
New Member
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chandler, Az
Posts: 2
Question

I Just got a 08 honda fit base and i want to get a new led dome light too how much did you get it for? and what kind? is it de3175??
 
  #9  
Old 06-07-2010, 05:44 AM
Member
Join Date: May 2010
Location: seattle
Posts: 61
any of the jdm led replacement lights are worth getting. i have them for my license place lights and they look bright and great. had blue ones in there two but cops will prolly end up giving you trouble for that so switched for jdm whites
 
  #10  
Old 01-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by snuggyfit View Post
any of the jdm led replacement lights are worth getting. i have them for my license place lights and they look bright and great. had blue ones in there two but cops will prolly end up giving you trouble for that so switched for jdm whites
where did you find JDM replacement lights for the license plates?
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Press Fit
3rd Generation (2015+)
7
09-18-2016 09:24 PM
dragonbat13
Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination
1
01-06-2015 02:30 AM
trancedsailor
Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination
5
08-26-2009 02:28 AM
jaebee
Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance
1
08-23-2008 11:43 AM
fad3r
Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination
9
08-11-2006 11:56 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dome Light Replacement - Recall?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.